The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

Anything by Oskar Blues is on point. Took me a minute to get on with em, but I totally love them now.

As for 21st amendment's food; I haven't the slightest. I didn't go to the brewery when I was in the bay. I was so turned off by their beers that I didn't wanna go. Especially when Russian River was in Santa Rosa, Thirsty Bear also in SF, Linden St Brewing in Oakland, Rosamunde and Toranado right next to eachother in Lower Haight, Rogue Ale house in North Beach, Le Trap also in North Beach, Monks Kettle in the Mission, The Trappist in Oakland and lastly Beer Revolution in Oakland as well. There are way too many awesome spots in the bay to waste your time with mediocre beer and food. Any of those spots I just listed will give you a better experience. Of course in Petaluma there is Lagunitas and then Bear Republic in Healdsburg. Never had the chance to get out to either.

If you are down for a drive, go to either Stone in Escondido, CA or Deschutes in Portland.

Not that you didn't necessarily know of those places. Just felt like having a reminder of everywhere I need to go back to when I visit. That's also a great list for anyone who frequents this thread who is going to the Bay anytime soon.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like tyranena. the rocky's revenge is great if you like high alcohol knock out beers that have that bourbon taste.

just be sure to fill up on water. rocky's revenge and founders backwoods bastard have given me severe migraine

headaches from not getting enough water before passing out

i would go as far as to say that every beer i have tasted added with: apricot, strawberry, apple, rasberry, lime, fucking watermelon......

is all garbage.

So what do you feel when you drink Belgian Whites?....theyre made with orange peel. If its a "flavored" beer, for that is, it has to be brewed with the addition not something added after the final product, such as Lambics.

I dont go out of my way for these beers but if I see them made by a respectable company from my list I will give them a try.

Dogfish Aprihop wasnt the best but Dogfish has always been here and there with things. The Black&blue and Red&White were very interesting.

The only companies I will refuse to try anymore from are: Rogue, New Belgium, and Sierra Nevada. I know I might gain some hate for disliking Rogue but.....sorry yall. Although I was curious of their liquor.

i typically hate on fruit flavored brews, but a good one's not so bad in doses.

was at my bar the other day clowning on lambic when the bartender decided it was time i try "a real lambic".

it was tasty - and not that syrup bullshit that's so prevalent.

you can't just sign off an entire genre of anything - especially food/drink.

anyone who does so has a lot to learn and is likely missing out on some good shit because they're scared to 'grow a vagina'.

was at my bar the other day clowning on lambic when the bartender decided it was time i try "a real lambic".

anyone who does so has a lot to learn and is likely missing out on some good shit because they're scared to 'grow a vagina'.

Agreed. Lindemins makes decent lambics but over all are too sweet for my tastes. Also too people have been ruining these beers by doing "Fram Bombs" and that just plain pisses me off. I will still continue to try stuff even after disappointments in the past but its usually when Im caught in way to where Im not feeling the usual...for instance being that New Belgium isnt something sought after when it comes to my tastes I did end up buying this the other night.

rangeripa1-287x300.png

Its not bad, I just feel lately my disgust with some beers is that Im drinking too many Pale Ales as of late. Im "hopped out." I need to bridge back to some maltly browns :) Ill have to grab this next time Im out...tis tasty.

4162.jpg

*vagina's aside...fruity flavored beers are fucking nasty.

in my opinion BEER should taste like BEER, not a mixed drink. That shit was played out with St. Ides "Special Brew"