west coast oontz thread

Guest 50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone been out to bodega bay?...whats it like?

sorry for old-ish bumping, but i live a few minutes from bodega bay and it's chill as fuck, really nice. Check out this little place, can't remember what it's called but it's next to a big restaurant called The Tides. Best fish an chips ever.

sorry for old-ish bumping, but i live a few minutes from bodega bay and it's chill as fuck, really nice. Check out this little place, can't remember what it's called but it's next to a big restaurant called The Tides. Best fish an chips ever.

cool thanks...i will be out there on sunday..all day..on a date..

shes been there a few times.. i think were going to bodegas head, dillon beach...and a couple of other beaches.

then dinner at some fancy expensive restaurant....which i will have to pay for:(:(

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.myspace.com/hobofilmfest

l_7defb99cf89d4055ad76132947780a9a.jpg

The tour starts in Vermont and has over 12 stops along the route, including Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Ann Arbor, Milwaukee, Duluth, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver and L.A.

For nearly as long as rail lines have crisscrossed the country, there have been stories about wanderers covertly climbing aboard train cars and riding away from problems or speeding toward some glimmering promise on the horizon.

The paths of train hoppers, tramps, hobos and travelers, looking for work, adventure or merely free transportation, have been recorded in lyrics and in literature. Jack Kerouac, Jack London and John Steinbeck have written about them. They have populated the songs of Merle Haggard and Woody Guthrie.

More recently, filmmakers have documented the experience of riding the rails across the country’s varied terrain. And some of those works were recently screened in a storefront community center in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, as part of a traveling cinematic exhibition called the Hobo Film Festival, which is progressing from state to state by way of a $200 Toyota station wagon driven by a 31-year-old train hopper from Asheville, N.C., named Shawn Lukitsch.

west coast Oontzers,

since I have a week in SF I was thinking of heading to Yosemite for a day or two to try get in some hiking.

I'm gonna be there mid july and my friends all said the place is crowded with RV's etc so I'm wondering if it's more worthwhile to try to get a bus up there to do this rather than hire a car so I can sit in traffic?

any thoughts from somebody who's been there round that time of year?

Plus if anybody has done some hiking there are there any good circular route trails I can take that would be be pretty cool?

cheers people!

west coast Oontzers,

since I have a week in SF I was thinking of heading to Yosemite for a day or two to try get in some hiking.

I'm gonna be there mid july and my friends all said the place is crowded with RV's etc so I'm wondering if it's more worthwhile to try to get a bus up there to do this rather than hire a car so I can sit in traffic?

Plus if anybody has done some hiking there are there any good circular route trails I can take that would be be pretty cool?

cheers people!

I'm going to have some beers with my boy later tonight. I'll hit him up for some info about Yosemite. He's been there a few times.

I may even try and go hang in SF when you are up there.

MARCO where you at doggy?

Hit me up with your plans again, hopefully I'll be able to hang with you.

went to yosemite last year.

caligula's right, it's better off hiring a car. and when you get there you can go to curry village a pick up a map of the entire area. it's fairly easy to read and will get you to wherever you want to go. if you don't follow the map, just start hiking, you'll get somewhere and find paths.

just watch out for the bears and deers peeing in the river.

west coast Oontzers,

cheers people!

if you're rolling solo i might possibly maybe consider this...

http://www.greentortoise.com/adventure.travel.html

if you ain't solo rent a car

Guest spectr

East bay wednesday night.. Any east bay heads down for some drinks at the bar? I'm passing through for the night on my way to some festivals...

Guest spectr
What up big Spectr?

Hope all is good with you man.

Yeah man life is good... Working at a bunch of music festivals this summer, worked a couple already... Living on the side of a mountain doing my thing... Life is pretty good minus the fucking car is fucking broken and when the computer got replaced that was supposed to be the problem the car broke even more...

Someone needs to give me a new car... My and my boy spent 200 on new tires to go work this festival... We get about 6 miles from home and the fucking car dies... Fucking piece of shit saturn... I really wish we hadn't spent the 200 on new fucking tires, then almost another 200 on a new part for the thing only to have it be even more broke...

Word to the wise.. don't spend money on old cars... just save it to buy a new old car..

Archived