west coast oontz thread

Guest 50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck! the 408 is nothing like the 650,415,510..

i mean dont get me wrong im loving the bz's out here

but the people are mad wack compared to coast..

yeah the 408 is a joke

full of mad fakes and fronters

i call it the land of the bad tattoo

wow lets see how many mexican calendars i can see today

/bigtimenonracist

• Like 1

Ozomatli is supposed to pretty good live.

They're a damn good live show. I don't even follow them at anymore, but my friend and I went to them last time they hit L.A. and we had a fucking blast. It's all about the live show with them.

lol @ street fighter tournament

Dude, this is going to be sooooo cereal.

I am going with the infamous filipino gang (you know how they love to nerd out on shit), drink Hennessey, wear polo sport, and call eachother 'foo' hahaha

Just kidding, but on the real, the head filipino in charge has been hitting up Game Works here training for it. We are all going out to support, kick it and cause general mischief.

Also looking forward to

**July 18**

MGM Grand Garden Arena -

Golden Boy Promotions - HBO-PPV

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

What What!!!!!

that weekend is going to be oh so crackin!

schnitzel....let me know when you come out to the bay...it would be nice to meet and exchange stories about how expensive Switzerland is..lol.....pm me with the dates.

street fighter tournament???!?!??!....where do i sign up?????!!!

oh shit..bay to breakers is this weekend????...fuck!!

i wanted to go this year.....i hate the fact that school is killing my social life.

All right, I try not to ask for many favors from 12 oz but this is a BIG one and there's a high potential for comedy if you want to get involved.

I've been helping a friend sell his comic books lately (he's a kick-ass comic artist) and the hustle he came up with is a portable puppet show. I helped him put together the set on Wednesday and we've been refining the act over the past couple of days. Anyway, tonight was the trial run, so we walked around downtown Oakland and hassled yuppies and we did pretty good...we made 40 bucks in about two hours and even managed to sell a few comic books in the process. My role was to walk around with my friend (who was doing all of the puppet work) and be the straight man while filming his act and the reactions of the people we ran into. We didn't really know what to expect, but it went over a lot better than we expected.

We want to take the show to B2B and what I'm thinking is that there's safety in numbers. Our show is kind of....well, confrontational, and kind of depends on a certain amount of audience participation. Part of this may mean that you will be filmed, but basically you'll just be there for support and if you are filmed you'll really just be part of a crowd of a few hundred thousand people. If you DON'T want to be on camera, we'll gladly edit you out of the shots but the whole idea is to get footage for a DVD and possibly upload some of it to Youtube...I'm pretty sure that anything that we film on Sunday is going to be fucking crazy and I'd like to get some folks out who I know to watch the whole spectacle go down. Also, nothing will be posted on 12 oz so there's no chance that anything will lead back to here.

If anything, it will be pretty funny to witness and it's a good reason to hang out. If there's going to be a meeting place (there should be) PM me with the info and we'll be there.

We're putting a lot of work into this project and so far the results have been pretty goddamn funny. I'd like some of you to be part of it if you're comfortable with the idea.

Well, you know me...I never get excited about ANYTHING, but I put a lot of work into getting this thing rolling and to be honest I didn't do a whole lot tonight besides-

-Hold a camera

-Try to hold the camera steady while cracking up (and you KNOW I don't laugh much)

-While taking money off of complete strangers for basically walking up to them and having my friend be hilarious and abusive (the best part)

This is the PERFECT hustle for B2B. There's NO WAY this can fail unless we get arrested or get beat up by a bunch of drunk jocks that can't take a joke...I know, same difference, but we have a shot at going home in the event of the latter.

I truly believe that people from 12 oz NEED to see this act if they can make it in person. It's not too different from some of the shenanigans that go on in Channel Zero but it's going to be done live by a couple of dirty punks with a puppet show and a bag full of underground comics. How can you pass that up?

hey west coast homies, i have a big favor to ask.

i have a homeboy going out to the bay for a week starting this monday the 18th.

he's into pretty much anything cool and social. mixers, cool bars, art shows etc.

so if yall know anything going on this week coming up holler at your boy!!

come on yall help me out he's gonna be there tomorrow!

dont let one of my homies visit yalls place and come back to Texas with shit to talk.

• Like 1