Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just undercooked a digiorno.

we need to figure out the optimal way to cook frozen pizzas for optimal texture and tastiness.

some say use a pizza stone

other say just drop it on the rack

for a softer crust drop it on the fucking baking sheet

fuck that

me i do the preheat oven

pizza loves preheat heated ovens.

drop it on the rack - middle rack..

time that shit to the "T" (i use the "recommended" method)

take it out let it rest, proceed to eat

every-time i try that method i get different results.

all YMMV

we need to figure out the optimal way to cook frozen pizzas for optimal texture and tastiness.

some say use a pizza stone

other say just drop it on the rack

for a softer crust drop it on the fucking baking sheet

fuck that

me i do the preheat oven

pizza loves preheat heated ovens.

drop it on the rack - middle rack..

time that shit to the "T" (i use the "recommended" method)

take it out let it rest, proceed to eat

every-time i try that method i get different results.

all YMMV

i'm usually good about it. i let the pizza thaw no less than 15 minutes all the while the stoves preheating. thought i was gtg, crust was still light and soft how i like cheese melted pepperonis roasted. Couldn't tell it was undercooked til after it was cut. ate it anyway. animal for this street shit.

wow, i used to be this angry

retarded thing is that wed still get it here & there.. shit is like the starbucks of pizza, for those who know.. cant really go anywhere for that long without seeing one

great, i feel like a tool :huh:

hah.. didnt know that. just looked it up & theres one here. might have to visit.. dont remember ever trying this place

as for pizza hut, we must agree to disagree.. their shit is way too greasy.. not the good kind of greasy like the slice i_r posted, but the kind where the entire crust is already soaked through by the time it gets to the table. idk.. still used to love going there when i was a kid & still would go again for old times sakes, though. albert tells me of how they have ridiculous shit there now, like ones where the entire crust is a ring of pigs in a blanket.. that definitely caught my attention

Little Caesars is okay but you get what you pay for. Hot n ready $5 medium pepperoni tastes okay but i recall feeling like shit after. I stay away from there generally even though they kind of blew up about 4 years or so around these parts.

That hot dog crust was actually decent, less grease-soaked but it tasted hella processed. Idk what I expected though :D.

Lately I've only been going with Dominos. They generally have decent specials and their pizza is on point. Pepperoni, sausage and mushroom with some Diana's sauce drizzled and garlic dip is my shit.

the Domino brand has been upping up the stakes the last 3 years.

case in point their new "specials" and marketing scam. fresh ingredient, blah blah. blah

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/menu-innovations/many-acts-domino-s-pizza

over all I'll go with domino's when it comes to fast food style pizza thanks marketing

Little Caesars is okay but you get what you pay for. Hot n ready $5 medium pepperoni tastes okay but i recall feeling like shit after. I stay away from there generally even though they kind of blew up about 4 years or so around these parts.

That hot dog crust was actually decent, less grease-soaked but it tasted hella processed. Idk what I expected though :D.

Lately I've only been going with Dominos. They generally have decent specials and their pizza is on point. Pepperoni, sausage and mushroom with some Diana's sauce drizzled and garlic dip is my shit.

guess i may or may not try little caesars whenever.. dont think id lose sleep over not trying it, but itd be another type of pizza under the belt.. true recipe for success lol

dianas original sauce is the shit.. used to put that on everything - mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, etc :spent3:

the Domino brand has been upping up the stakes the last 3 years.

case in point their new "specials" and marketing scam. fresh ingredient, blah blah. blah

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/menu-innovations/many-acts-domino-s-pizza

over all I'll go with domino's when it comes to fast food style pizza thanks marketing

seen, theyre doing well..

idk, they dont advertise dominoes here much.. some flyers here & there, but thats about it. theres not that many of them either

Andrew zimmern (the bizzare foods guy) ate something like that in japan and said the same thing.

definitely bummed out to hear about people describing about that frozen pillsbury mini pizza-like processed taste regarding the hotdog crusts

still would try it for the novelty factor, i guess

that pizza in a cup a few pages back looks badass too

definitely bummed out to hear about people describing about that frozen pillsbury mini pizza-like processed taste regarding the hotdog crusts

still would try it for the novelty factor, i guess

I don't know if it was pillsbury. it was from some random street vendor and they actually have a couple out there toppings that japanese consider to be american. he spit it out and throw it away and said it was one of the worst things he ever tried. dude was def puttin on but this is a convo for another thread.