Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
drues pizza looks dang good..

ok.. since were snobbing it up - this fucking place. if youre ever in the west, you must try it.. they dont even open until dinner timeish & usually close around 4

their site sucks, so you know the pizzas good.. also the fact that theyve been open forever

Yo I've been here a couple times, good shit.

I forget who told me but I heard something about them getting busted for a grow op in the basement :lol:

Just here to remind y'all that magic is real , and you're all gonna die. (JK! but nope.)

phillytaco.jpg

^^^Nope. That's not even pizza. That's some bullshit.

5474814913_21a5929e28.jpg

^^^Yes^^^

Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, AZ has won best pizza in the US a bunch of times (Who the fuck decided that,

I have no idea).

I never ate there when I lived in Scottsdale cause I thought AZ didnt know dick about pizza and

still don't.

Has the Down family eaten there Drue?

47g4.jpg

Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, AZ has won best pizza in the US a bunch of times (Who the fuck decided that,

I have no idea).

I never ate there when I lived in Scottsdale cause I thought AZ didnt know dick about pizza and

still don't.

Has the Down family eaten there Drue?

47g4.jpg

I tried twice, each time it was a 3 hour wait. boo that noise.

You can get essentially the same (Tuscan / Lazio) style pizza nearby at cibo.

Actually, wood fired pizza places are all over AZ now and most of them are pretty fucking good.

I'm a tough critic since I've lived in both Italy & Chicago.

I've never really had a pizza problem since I've lived in Scottsdale. There are Rosatis all over the place, a few random Chicago style places, plus Spinatos (which boasts Chicago roots) that will punch your stupid face!

4f1f1dcb038ad.image.jpg

Those of us from Chicago know the REAL pizza is our thin crust, & no two places are the same from the South Side to the North Side. Deep Dish is for special occasions or when out of towners visit.

I spent 6 years in Rogers Park and just about every place in that area fucking owned.

Unlike NY, we don't fold our thin crust because it has cheese and sauce on it --- It's already is served "folded" - Hey NY it's called sauce, it goes on a pizza, it keeps it from being shitty and dry.

Italian beefs were always my concern, but we have Al's & Lukes beefs out here... & now Portillos hot garbage for the suburbanites who claim Chicago (*cough* Naperville.)

I tried twice, each time it was a 3 hour wait. boo that noise.

You can get essentially the same (Tuscan / Lazio) style pizza nearby at cibo.

Actually, wood fired pizza places are all over AZ now and most of them are pretty fucking good.

I'm a tough critic since I've lived in both Italy & Chicago.

My friends own CRUST Pizzeria. They have 3 locations now but I've only ever eaten at the Indian Bend & Hayden Location. They're two good guys: one from Jersey and the other from Long Island. I love their food..., except for their pizza(Sorry boys). They have an excellent wine selection and an in-house Sommelier(Duke). Really good people.

I've never really had a pizza problem since I've lived in Scottsdale. There are Rosatis(Poop) all over the place, a few random Chicago style places, plus Spinatos (which boasts Chicago roots) that will punch your stupid face!--I forgot about Spinatos and I actually know the family.

Those of us from Chicago know the REAL pizza is our thin crust, & no two places are the same from the South Side to the North Side. Deep Dish is for special occasions or when out of towners visit.

^^yup

Italian beefs were always my concern, but we have Al's & Lukes beefs out here... & now Portillos hot garbage for the suburbanites who claim Chicago (*cough* Naperville.)

^^^Absolute Truth^^^

Also, Guido's (Scottsdale & Shea) has a pretty good beef and has a really good deli and prepared food

section.

BD69, depends on the Rosati's.

Oddly enough, the franchise split into two:

rosatispizza.com vs. myrosatis.com

I assume they use different distributors for basic ingredients, so it depends on the location you choose. The differences are subtle, but distinguishable to the savvy tastebud.

The one by my sister's house is meh, the two near me are great.

However I don't fux with their thin crust, my wife likes the Thin Rosatis Monster, I get the deep Chicago Style. But again, only 1-2 times a year on special occasions.

I pass that Crust location on my daily work commute, been curious to stop in, but never have.

My family now lives in Evanston & is all about Lou Malnati's... I just can't get on board with that. It's average at best to me. Bella's @ Chicago & Damen was my shit, but it looks like they moved a few blocks over to Ashland since I moved. I liked their thin crust, but was mainly into their stuffed. I was knoshing (/nojew) on that all day on 9/11 and drinking nascar beer from Rothschild (Lostchild) Liquors. Good times.

5302975966_68c42801db_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...