gun thread

Spring beak-SKS's are also 7.62x39 and are just as cheap to shoot.

I know, and they can be more accurate than AK's also. You just have to want one more than an AK.

looking at picking up a glock 26 tomorrow, anyone have any reviews?

Yep, they are fucking small. If you have never held or shot one before, look into a Glock 19. Unless you absolutely need a tiny gun, a compact rules over sub-compact in just about every way.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Wait, Craigslist? I thought they wouldn't let you post guns for sale on there. At least in my area they don't, but yea man you will be much much happier with the Glock 19 trust me. Im a chunky dude and when I wear a compact Glock in an inside-the-waistband holster I can barely tell its there. And Im one of those motherfuckers that has to use the waist extender things you put on the buttons to make some of my pants fit.

I've been toying with the idea of trying to find a Delta Elite. I have heard good things about 10mm rounds themselves, I just wish it was more readily available.

How does it shoot?

it hits strong... but still smooth, kinda hard to explain really. yea the 10mm is a beast of a caliber, problem is they are so hard to find

pretty much if you can control a 10mm, it is the best round for personal defense. well in my opinion of course...

check it out, numbers dont lie:

9mm - 147gr 1210 ft/s, 474 ft-lb

.38+P - 138gr 1000ft/s, 351 ft-lb

.40s&w - 165gr 1150ft/s, 484 ft-lb

.45acp - 200gr 1080ft/s, 518 ft-lb

.357mag - 125gr 1600ft/s, 710ft-lb

10mm - 165gr 1425ft/s, 744 ft-lb

all of those were using either hollow points or jacketed hollow points, no solid or hard cast bullets. the closest is .357mag but that is one hard kicking gun. plus you are limited to 6 rounds max, unless you carry an 8 round wheelgun which do exist but are hard to come across

if i could afford enough 10mm to shoot proficiently, i would carry a glock 29 as my concealed carry weapon. since i cant i will carry my trusty s&w 642

it hits strong... but still smooth, kinda hard to explain really. yea the 10mm is a beast of a caliber, problem is they are so hard to find

pretty much if you can control a 10mm, it is the best round for personal defense. well in my opinion of course...

check it out, numbers dont lie:

9mm - 147gr 1210 ft/s, 474 ft-lb

.38+P - 138gr 1000ft/s, 351 ft-lb

.40s&w - 165gr 1150ft/s, 484 ft-lb

.45acp - 200gr 1080ft/s, 518 ft-lb

.357mag - 125gr 1600ft/s, 710ft-lb

10mm - 165gr 1425ft/s, 744 ft-lb

all of those were using either hollow points or jacketed hollow points, no solid or hard cast bullets. the closest is .357mag but that is one hard kicking gun. plus you are limited to 6 rounds max, unless you carry an 8 round wheelgun which do exist but are hard to come across

if i could afford enough 10mm to shoot proficiently, i would carry a glock 29 as my concealed carry weapon. since i cant i will carry my trusty s&w 642

You planning on trekking through the Yukon or wild Siberia? 10mm is what I consider overkill for personal defense. 10mm is considered a handgun defense round for humans against bears. Women and small men in the FBI didn't like the high recoil of the 10mm round. This is why the FBI contracted Smith and Wesson to shorten the 10mm and create the .40 S&W round. If you shoot someone with a 10mm and they survive, or the bullets go through them and hit someone uninvolved you could be looking at an epic lawsuit. NEVER use ball ammunition for personal defense if you can help it. Only carry hollow points as they are made to go into tissue and stop. This is also the reason why police carry .40 S&W or .45, not 10mm----->Liability. I carry 9mm 124gr standard load Federal Hydrashok or 115gr +P. 147gr 9mm is weak,worthless, and prone to jamming. There is also Winchester Ranger 127gr +P that I hear is some hard hitting 9mm ammo. +P and +P+ are more for selling ammo in my opinion.

• Like 1

You planning on trekking through the Yukon or wild Siberia? 10mm is what I consider overkill for personal defense. 10mm is considered a handgun defense round for humans against bears. Women and small men in the FBI didn't like the high recoil of the 10mm round. This is why the FBI contracted Smith and Wesson to shorten the 10mm and create the .40 S&W round. If you shoot someone with a 10mm and they survive, or the bullets go through them and hit someone uninvolved you could be looking at an epic lawsuit. NEVER use ball ammunition for personal defense if you can help it. Only carry hollow points as they are made to go into tissue and stop. This is also the reason why police carry .40 S&W or .45, not 10mm----->Liability. I carry 9mm 124gr standard load Federal Hydrashok or 115gr +P. 147gr 9mm is weak,worthless, and prone to jamming. There is also Winchester Ranger 127gr +P that I hear is some hard hitting 9mm ammo. +P and +P+ are more for selling ammo in my opinion.
i am neither of those so i can handle a 10mm just fine, haha

yea i know to not use ball or fmj ammo, that is why i carry hp or jhp

that taurus is so much cooler than mine was.

919529080.jpg

Yea baby. I backed into a tree and was too broke to get the back

window fixed which was all well and good until a pool of water gathered

back there and my car became a rolling mosquito nursery. Smelled like a swamp

in that bitch

livin grimey son

put a bag on that shit bags

Wait, Craigslist? I thought they wouldn't let you post guns for sale on there. At least in my area they don't, but yea man you will be much much happier with the Glock 19 trust me. Im a chunky dude and when I wear a compact Glock in an inside-the-waistband holster I can barely tell its there. And Im one of those motherfuckers that has to use the waist extender things you put on the buttons to make some of my pants fit.

indeed its against craigslist policy to list firearms for sale on their site. however many people do it. especially if you use industry names or complex model names to describe the weapon and dont mention things like gun, 'clip' firearm, pistol, rifle, shotgun, etc.

for instance if you list a 'GAP crusader' no craigslist moderator is gonna know what that is.

the people that owned those guns that was not wasted money haha im just saying like 3k a piece??4,5?10?

LOLOLOLOL. A SINGLE OZ OF GOLD IS LIKE 1500 DOLLARS. THOSE GUNS WITHOUT ALL THAT GOLD ON THEM ARE PROBABLY ALREADY VALUED AT ABOUT A GRAND OR MORE. WITH THAT SHIT FUCK TON OF PRECIOUS METAL, YOU CAN BET THAT THOSE GUNS ARE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. JUST THE COATED HANDLE IS PROBABLY LIKE 10000 WORTH.

Picture230.jpg

My WASR-10 with Mojo Microclick rear sight, Command Arms lower handguard, Tapco vertical grip, Fab Defense flashlight quick release, and EMA stock tube with Magpul MOE stock. Soon I will have an AK 74 style muzzle break, a black upper handguard a Hogue pistol grip.

thats nice to look at but if youre expecting to take that to combat your gonna lose a shit load of money and drop that thing for a standard AK. the second you drop that or an explosive lands close enought to knock your breath out that rifle is now $2000 of useless plastic around a solid core weight

exactly^. ive seen russian soldiers pull a wood ak out of a burning AAV, extinguish it and fire it. if youve ever read the book Black Hawk Down theres a small part in there where a RPG hits the port side of a duce and a half and semi-explodes...blowing off the helmets of the middle and passeger and shattering both of their M-16s made of the same plastic the AK "improvements'' are made of . the men survived (the driver didnt, the RPG was lodged in his abdomen) but only had their sidearms for the rest of the fight.

I have enough money now for another AK. i was looking at WASRs and one had a tapco side folding stock on it. when the clerk handed it to me i worked the folding stock and just touching it made me feel like i was going to break it if i forced any harder on the jammed spring latch. im getting a WASR10/63 Underfolder with a original steel stock.

im not saying its a weak stock. when it was closed and i tryed to open it it was bending and i could just picture the plastic giving way and me having to pay for it. the latch on it was dry as hell and needed lubed. i wouldnt want that because i wouldnt want to have to fuck with it while my guntruck is getting blown to shit. if i had to pick a poly stock for a AK id take an AR style collaspable.

the one i looked at, to open or close the stock you had to lift up on the whole stock and pull or push it. my brother has a polytech with the original mil side-folding stock on it and to close it you just press a button on the hinge, and like you said to open it pull on it.

People like what they like. Tapco is real hit or miss. Small accessories and mags are good by them. I didnt want their stock because it installs with what look like wood screws. What I have on mine is an aluminum tube made to go into an AK on one end and made to install an M4 stock on the other and it used allen bolts. There are adapters out there to use regular M4 tubes but most of them install like the Tapco stock.