gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just picked up a couple.

Smith-and-Wesson-Sigma-SW40VE-Pistol-Review.jpg

I got a Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm. The price was too good to pass up. I've been looking at these for a while, picked it up for 239.00 after the rebate deal they had going. theres alot of complaints about this gun and its trigger pull. I took it out and shot it last week and while i find anything gritty about it, its def atleast a 10lb pull which im not a huge fan of at all. my main reason for getting this one was to have something that was affordable to take to the range. I've found a guy in TX that does trigger jobs on these and it is under the smith and wesson warrenty so not only is the work free but so is the shipping. being that theres no traditional safety on the gun I'm gonna get it lowered to about 7lbs and call it a day. I picked up hogue slip on grips for it pretty cheap.

the other gun I bought recently I havent picked up yet.

Its a .40 browning hipower thats got new sights, a trigger job, grips and a few other bells and whistles. I can't wait to see how it shoots.

I see someone posted the PX storm. How do you like that? I was reading it has a rotating chamber or something.

Those are the only handguns I have. I've got a couple of shotguns(410 and 12 guage) and a rifle as well.

Saiga ak 7.62. A work in progress, I'm gonna get the classic hand guard to match the the butt and pistol grip. Might put in a bullet guide so i can use standard ak mags, they are way cheaper.

bought it like this

4943507064_413a00fd69_z.jpg[/url]

now it looks like this, except i have a cheapo red dot on a side mount

5040740604_a26c96190a_z.jpg

I wanna get a handgun, not sure what yet. I shot a USP .45 and a Sig .40, the USP was nice but neither were as fun to shoot as the Browning Hi-Power my buddy's dad has

4737520777_27152d8700_z.jpg

this was super fun to shoot

4737520925_36794b3fd6_z.jpg[/img]

the AK and AR are probably both Semi-Auto, which is legal in almost every state

you can go to sports authority or bass pro shop or even walmart in some states and get an AR and AK, i think i see the AR only has safe and fire/single so im pretty sure its not automatic

you can shot that shit at any range

WorldBench is correct, semi auto = still lots of fun. My state is super gun friendly, got my rifle in like 25 min at a gun show, as long as you dont have felonies or violent misdemeanors.

I live in NYS wah wah wahhhhh

See I was under the impression even when it's semi it can't exceed a certain munition count in the clip. However I'm sure I'm confusing stringent NYS laws with fun state's laws in regard to fire arms.

STRONG ARM STEADY BOWBOW

^^^nice kit

post specs/mods/acc's on the AR

Thanks dude.

i built this one part by part over the span of about a year and a half. I still wanna swap some stuff out on it, but what's on there now is..

14.5 inch stainless White Oak Armament barrel (mid length gas tube and a 1 in 7 twist)

PWS FSC556 flash hider/comp

Daniel Defense 10.0 Lite Rail with Knight's Armament handstop, Midwest Industries front sight, and Insight M5 light on it.

Spike's Tactical lower with a CMMG 2 stage trigger in there, and a Magpul B.A.D.

Upper and Bolt carrier group unknown manufacture..

Knight's Armament Micro flip up rear sight

ACLM ambi charging handle

Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x scope with illuminated SPR reticle in a LaRue tactical scope mount

VTAC sling

I also painted the upper, lower and barrel with the oven cure Cerakote.

At some point I think I'm gonna switch the front sight to the KAC micro, the stock back to a Magpul CTR, the trigger to a Geiselle SSA-E, and go ahead and pay the tax stamp so I can have it as a short

barreled rifle.

Thanks dude.

i built this one part by part over the span of about a year and a half. I still wanna swap some stuff out on it, but what's on there now is..

14.5 inch stainless White Oak Armament barrel (mid length gas tube and a 1 in 7 twist)

PWS FSC556 flash hider/comp

Daniel Defense 10.0 Lite Rail with Knight's Armament handstop, Midwest Industries front sight, and Insight M5 light on it.

Spike's Tactical lower with a CMMG 2 stage trigger in there, and a Magpul B.A.D.

Upper and Bolt carrier group unknown manufacture..

Knight's Armament Micro flip up rear sight

ACLM ambi charging handle

Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x scope with illuminated SPR reticle in a LaRue tactical scope mount

VTAC sling

I also painted the upper, lower and barrel with the oven cure Cerakote.

At some point I think I'm gonna switch the front sight to the KAC micro, the stock back to a Magpul CTR, the trigger to a Geiselle SSA-E, and go ahead and pay the tax stamp so I can have it as a short

barreled rifle.

good stuff

how do you like the loopy on there?

i have a m4 m3a 10x on a bolt rifle that i hope to swap out to an s+b in the next year or so. i have a pile of parts i need to get assembled into a precision bolt gun. i hope to get it sent out this winter, money permitting.

how is the cerakote to work with at home?

i'll try to get some decent pics of my AR tomorrow

Daaamn, schmidt & bender...that's serious money! If I had more loot I'd be looking at those for my Rem. 700. It's sitting in the safe with no optic until until I get the Vortex PST I ordered in Dec. Best/cheapest thing I could find with mil reticle in the front focal plane, mil adjustments, and illumination.

I'm pretty satisfied with the mk 4 I got. Kinda like the poor mans short dot I guess. On 1.5 magnification it's real good for up close targets, and dialed up to 5x I've hit soda can sized targets at 400 yards. The SPR reticle is one of the best I've seen for this kind of optic. It has ranging capabilities and bullet drop for 62 grain rounds, which I used to have a lot of. I do wish the turrets were mil instead of moa though since the reticle is mil based.

The Cerakote isn't too bad to work with at home, but if you plan on painting something with it, make sure you have access to a blast cabinet to prep the parts before painting.

You might also want to find an oven besides the one you cook in to cure the parts after painting since cerakote is super toxic.

nuclear bummer inspired me to get a little gear out and get some tacticooool/gear whore pics:

DSC_0071-1.jpg

DSC_0074-1.jpg

DSC_0077-1.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

rifle is:

rock river entry tac w/ US marked receiver

all larue mounts, cantilever mount, sure fire mount, 7.0 handguard, FUG.

surefire m962 (i think) w/ IR filter

single point sling mount

modified eagle single point sling

a few of my mags have magpul ranger floor plates, other have magpul pulls.

aim point m2

rock river BUIS

badger tac latch

also pictured:

eagle drag bag

US Optics spotting scope w/ mil scale reticle w/ TAB cover

peltor comtac II's

'special forces' / RAID modified bdu shirt

chest rig is eagle w/ cummerbund in khaki. assorted multicam tactical tailor, eagle and no name molle pouches and radio on back

• Like 1

thanks man....

spotter is 15-40. im not sure what they run now, but i got on the list of the first run they did. it was 895$ at the time. im pretty sure they are 995 or 1095$ now. long story short, i ended up getting the cover and ARD/sunshade for it for almost nothing. its great glass, built like a tank. USO was using the scopes to drive 12 penny nails as part of the torture test when they first put them out.

only draw back to it is the eye relief. its not like the leupold, zeiss, or whatever other spotter where you have to plaster your eye on the eye piece. it has the same eye relief as a rifle scope, about 3". this was supposedly for a .mil contract that required the eye relief for use with a gas mask. some people hate it... but im used to it though since i never owned a spotting scope before this one.