Thank you = you’re welcome?

the_gooch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of out-ruding people, I was at a bar a couple years ago with a bunch of my friends and co-workers (Friday night drinks). The bar was kinda empty except for our crew (around 15-20 people). I noticed two chicks sitting at a table across the room. I recognised them because they were in a social dragon boating team I was in a few months earlier.

Seeing as they were by themselves I thought I'd invite them over to our table. Now, just to set the scene, these girls were NOT hot by any means. One was fat and looked like she had downs syndrome. The other looked like one of those bitches who must have had kids real early and then let themselves go. She looked about 35 but was probably only 25.

So I say "Hey! We were in the same dragon boating team" and try to make some small talk. In reply, all I get is stuck up attitude from both these bitches. Stuck up "We are too good for you" attitude. Really blatant and rude.

I recognised this so decided I had to remedy the situation. I said "Hey, I think we got off on the wrong foot. Let's go to the bar and I'll order us all some drinks". One of them asked "What kind of drink" to which I replied "Anything you want."

We went to the bar and I turned to them and asked them what they wanted. They immediately went for the most expensive drinks they could order. The barman poured their drinks after which I said "Could I please get a beer?".

He gave me my beer, I paid for it and walked away - stiffing these two bitches with the most expensive drinks in the bar.

The sad thing is - if they had of ordered a normal drink I would probably have paid for it (I was pretty drunk).

They paid for their drinks and left shortly after to a big "FUCK OFF" from all of my co-workers. Nice!

Why'd she get tattoos that everyone can see if she didn't want people looking at them and her by default?

it's not a matter of people looking, that's a given. but when people outright stare and point and shit, that goes beyond "oh look, tattoos". the amount of times her and i have been followed around stores around where we live is ridiculous. people act like we just came from the fucking sideshow.

CALI- U AND I HAVE THE SAME MENTALITY- I USUALLY END UP SAYIN-AFTER BEING DISRESPECTED LIKE-" O NO NO, THANK YOU". I CANT GIVE YOU ANYMORE PROPS, BUT PROPS TO YOU.

THAT BRING S ALL KINDS OF REACTIONS LIKE BAD LOOKS AND THE OMG FACE LIKE" I DID NOTHING WRONG HOW CAN U BE SO RUDE- I JUST SAY FUCK YOU TWICE.

WHEN IT COMES TO TATTOOS AND PEOPLE LOOKIN AT WIFEY. I LET IT RIDE BUT ALL THE GUYS ON HERE W/ WIFES OR GFRIENDS KNOW THAT THERE IS A POINT WHERE THE LOOKIN BECOMES UNCOMFORTABLE.

GUYS ALWAYS WAIT TILL I WALK AWAY AND THEN TRY TO POP AT WIFEY. I LIKE TO STAND BACK AND WATCH THEM GET REJECTED BY HER ITS A GOOD TIME. THEN THEY HATE ON ME FOR HAVIN A GANGSTER BITCH ON MY SIDE

Re: Thank you = you’re welcome?

it's not a matter of people looking, that's a given. but when people outright stare and point and shit, that goes beyond "oh look, tattoos". the amount of times her and i have been followed around stores around where we live is ridiculous. people act like we just came from the fucking sideshow.

oh yeah, now THIS is some annoying shit. when fucking queers are always judging you at first glance. when i'm walking around berkeley with a backpack and some gloves, it seems that the same cop passes around the block 50 times. guess what, i have all of my camera gear in my backpack, and it's fucking cold outside, so i feel like wearing gloves.

that shit happened to me last night. right when i got out of my car, i saw 1 cop car. then i stood on the corner waiting for my friend for at least 15 minutes, and that same cop passed by at least 10 times, and not to mention two other cop cars started to circle around when i was leaving. so then i walk into the top dog a block away from where i was standing, and 30 minutes later when come out, oh hey, same cop, parked across the street.

oh yeah, now THIS is some annoying shit. when fucking queers are always judging you at first glance. when i'm walking around berkeley with a backpack and some gloves, it seems that the same cop passes around the block 50 times. guess what, i have all of my camera gear in my backpack, and it's fucking cold outside, so i feel like wearing gloves.

that shit happened to me last night. right when i got out of my car, i saw 1 cop car. then i stood on the corner waiting for my friend for at least 15 minutes, and that same cop passed by at least 10 times, and not to mention two other cop cars started to circle around when i was leaving. so then i walk into the top dog a block away from where i was standing, and 30 minutes later when come out, oh hey, same cop, parked across the street.

THIS IS WHEN YOU START FUCKIN WITH THEM AND PLAY SOME CAT AND MOUSE SHIT-NH.

HITTIN ONEWAYS AND COMIN BACK ON DIFFERENT BLOCKS, O YEAH A GOOD TIME.

Speaking of out-ruding people, I was at a bar a couple years ago with a bunch of my friends and co-workers (Friday night drinks). The bar was kinda empty except for our crew (around 15-20 people). I noticed two chicks sitting at a table across the room. I recognised them because they were in a social dragon boating team I was in a few months earlier.

Seeing as they were by themselves I thought I'd invite them over to our table. Now, just to set the scene, these girls were NOT hot by any means. One was fat and looked like she had downs syndrome. The other looked like one of those bitches who must have had kids real early and then let themselves go. She looked about 35 but was probably only 25.

So I say "Hey! We were in the same dragon boating team" and try to make some small talk. In reply, all I get is stuck up attitude from both these bitches. Stuck up "We are too good for you" attitude. Really blatant and rude.

I recognised this so decided I had to remedy the situation. I said "Hey, I think we got off on the wrong foot. Let's go to the bar and I'll order us all some drinks". One of them asked "What kind of drink" to which I replied "Anything you want."

We went to the bar and I turned to them and asked them what they wanted. They immediately went for the most expensive drinks they could order. The barman poured their drinks after which I said "Could I please get a beer?".

He gave me my beer, I paid for it and walked away - stiffing these two bitches with the most expensive drinks in the bar.

The sad thing is - if they had of ordered a normal drink I would probably have paid for it (I was pretty drunk).

They paid for their drinks and left shortly after to a big "FUCK OFF" from all of my co-workers. Nice!

hahahaha, that's awesome!

yeah, i hate when i approach a girl at a bar or just randomly strike up conversation with one that is close by and get the fuck you attitude from said girl or one of her cock blocking friends. i'm not trying to fuck you bitch, i'm just being friendly and making some harmless conversation.

honestly, i hate people. well, not all people, just most of them.

this one time i was in albertson's with two of my friends, just trying to get some soda or candy or anything because it was a hot fucking summer day. right when we get to the candy, we're picking out what we want, and a worker that was at least 5 aisles away walks right over to the drinks and pretends to be rearranging them or whatever. i don't think he had any idea how obvious he was being, but i was already pretty pissed, and i said "could we help you?"

he didn't say anything and walked away, 1 minute later we hear on the loudspeaker "can we get our cameras in on aisle 2," and i was like you've gotta be shitting me, right?

we grabbed 4 bag fulls of candy and drinks and just threw them on the floor and left.

THAT kind of shit makes me fucking angry.

I don't expect a your welcome and I really don't care if they don't say it, I'll still thank someone even though they aren't going "above and beyond" just out of habit.

I usually don't hold the door unless someone is directly behind me but I'm NOT gonna get in line after that behind a thankless self absorbed bitch, so don't get mad when you have to open the door all by yourself trick.

this one time i was in albertson's with two of my friends, just trying to get some soda or candy or anything because it was a hot fucking summer day. right when we get to the candy, we're picking out what we want, and a worker that was at least 5 aisles away walks right over to the drinks and pretends to be rearranging them or whatever. i don't think he had any idea how obvious he was being, but i was already pretty pissed, and i said "could we help you?"

he didn't say anything and walked away, 1 minute later we hear on the loudspeaker "can we get our cameras in on aisle 2," and i was like you've gotta be shitting me, right?

we grabbed 4 bag fulls of candy and drinks and just threw them on the floor and left.

THAT kind of shit makes me fucking angry.

happens all the time to me.....i'll be shopping and store owners will be all up in my grill....i fucking hate it....

im not gonna rack anything from your little store....if i really waste my time racking something...its gonna be something actually worth alot.

MmmHmm is a fairly common response I thought. Where I'm at "You're welcome," "Yep," "Uh Huh," are all acceptable, at least that's what I was under the impression of my whole life.

"no problem" is way more acceptable than "yep", "uh huh", or "mmmhhmmm".

don't ask me why.

i've been told i'm TOO nice to people in the service industry. i don't know, i've been there. i worked in retail, i waited tables, worked behind a bar --FUCK PEOPLE!! seriously, people can be the biggest fucking douchebags when you're on the "i can't throat punch you" side of the counter. so i think that installed in me, a natural respect for those in service. so in today's "fuck you i'm on my cell phone" society, i do get pissed off when my kindness isn't returned. so gooch --i can understand where you're coming from. unfortunately, individuals have individual flaws.

I couldn't be bothered reading most of this thread, just cos' of the fact that its just a bunch of guys complaining about how people stuck in dead-end jobs who deal with assholes all day don't take it out of their time (which they're paid shit-all for) to say thankyou and please to you cunts. Just man-the-fuck-up and don't expect politeness or decent food from KFC.

(As you can see I've had shit experiences working in fastfood services.)

Sometimes my politeness has gotten me into some pretty UNcomfortable situations, especially with the fatties or the homos, one situation:

1)Im at lowes to return this shower head that doesn't work, walk up to the customer service counter. and theres this fat chick working there, being the polite guy i am, i smile and say "good morning". the return begins. She goes:"i like your shirt" and i reply with a thankyou. shes scanning stuff looks up at me and tells me how purrdy my eyes are so i thank her for that too. somehow during this mundane exchange simple thanksyous and such she thinks im flirting with her asking me what i do,im cute. maybe we can hang out. I killed it REAL quick and said no thanks then walked out.

I'm not even gonna talk about the homo encounter at GAP.

• Like 1

I couldn't be bothered reading most of this thread, just cos' of the fact that its just a bunch of guys complaining about how people stuck in dead-end jobs who deal with assholes all day don't take it out of their time (which they're paid shit-all for) to say thankyou and please to you cunts. Just man-the-fuck-up and don't expect politeness or decent food from KFC.

(As you can see I've had shit experiences working in fastfood services.)

like i said already, and maybe wasn't clear, that incident was just the catalyst for me to rant about assholes like that in general, not just ones who work in fast food.

to be honest, i've encountered plenty of polite people and semi-decent eats in fast food joints.