If Krylon Wasn't Bad Enough Already...

LICKERISH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You can say goodbye to any hope of it getting better ANY time soon.

It's official, they've gone female with their valve system, but not only female but fan spray.

And if the fan spray wasn't bad enough they've also redesigned their label with ugliness, and changed the look of the over cap to pure hideousness.

RIP KRYLON

http://www.krylon.com/360

360.jpg

I TRIED TO TELL PEOPLE A WHILE BACK BUT NO ONE WANTED TO LISTEN...OH WELL-KRYLON IS OFFICIALLY DONE. ANYWAY ,I GOT MAD KRYLON I'M GONNA HOLD ONTO FOR WHEN YOU CAN'T FIND IT ANYMORE(THE OLD CANS).:D

• 2 weeks later...
^ haha.

This sucks though.. Not much left on the field of the regular cap systems. Either companies making caps need to start making caps for new cans, or were all going to be reduced to paying a fucking retarted amount for montana and belton and shit. Every time i go looking for paint i see more and more brands switching to fucked up cap systems.

As a business owner, maybe I wouldn't advertise it, but graffiti is obviously a massive part of the companies revenue since racking isn't really prevalent anymore.. Why would they shun away a massive market of their paint? I can see them creating maybe a 'specialized' line. But watch as the sales plummet due to painters not even bothering to rack that shit anyway. lets just be honesty, WE are the general public to these companies.

Think about out of all the writers who know, how many use montana and belton on a regular basis? Not many.. Most of use that shit for force fields or special occasions when we can get it or afford it... So that means maybe 1/10th of the graffiti paint in the word are from specialty brands, and they obviously make enough money to stay in the market and pay a entire staff to make and sell paint. Enhance that by 10 fold and your looking at the sales from major brands off of graffiti.

fuck these companies, they are taking money out of their own pockets by fucking our community.

I always said that if they truley wanted to stop graff, all they had to do was make it so you couldn't switch tips. Yet i never thought it would happen for the sole reason, that spraypaint companies thrive off our subculture. how many people actually buy spray paint to paint a fuckin lawn chair, or a rusty barbecue, yet alone who buys colors like watermellon for legal shit. Krylon WILL return to their old tip system, because if they don't they will go bankrupt. Yet if they do survive, expect other companies to do the same, because it will greatly reduce graffiti. People can't aford those expensive ass specialty european cans. :o

I haven't bought Kry since they started partnering with Keep America Beautiful, and sponsoring "Graffiti Hurts".

Now its not even worth racking! For now, Rusto will have to do. At least until I can use my saved up cash to get a nice order of Montana.

• 1 year later...

Well it isnt there fault that there paint used to be good.

Now that theyve seen there cans in graffiti pics and krushed on train lots and stuff

They think making there paint more watered down and watery...etc.

That they are gunna stop graffiti usage with there paint...

Lol...they're also gunna lose regular customers

That buy krylon for basic evryday uses

i'm still coming up on old cans of krylon

the really watery colors can be good for misted highlights and other effects and shit

even colors like celery and ballet slipper are dope if you know how to paint

but totally tangerine sucks so bad it's almost worthless

i nabbed two cans of it just cuz i pretty much grab every old can of krylon i see

Well it isnt there fault that there paint used to be good.

Now that theyve seen there cans in graffiti pics and krushed on train lots and stuff

They think making there paint more watered down and watery...etc.

That they are gunna stop graffiti usage with there paint...

Lol...they're also gunna lose regular customers

That buy krylon for basic evryday uses

This is the dumbest rationalization for why Krylong changed its paint ever.

KYRLONLIVES.jpg

KRYLON LIVES!

still watery as shit, but making progress. only works on stock/rusto fats right now but im working on it. to all who are about to hate on me-each of you please donate 5 dollars so i can buy some european paint. krylon lives son!:biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm very disappointed in Rusto, I just went onto their site today (I don't remember why) but now they are releasing their own fan/360 degree thingy.

http://rustoleum.com/CBGBrand.asp?bid=16

I just hope they never get rid of the old design. I can't afford euro paint.

those are some other industrial shit or something. its like super paint. i got a can a few weeks ago, they paint upside down, on wet surfaces, dry quick as shit, and run a mile in under a minute. its tight paint but not worth the 8 bux. and if you take that shit off the top its just like a PT can on addy

KYRLONLIVES.jpg

KRYLON LIVES!

still watery as shit, but making progress. only works on stock/rusto fats right now but im working on it. to all who are about to hate on me-each of you please donate 5 dollars so i can buy some european paint. krylon lives son!:biglaugh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I been doing the same thing, for about a year.

But on Ace's, Dupli-color, plasti-kote, and other enamels.

Best Caps: NY Fat, NY Thins, Rusto stocks

As for the tiny leaks, cut down the male cap stem to where the v-slit ends.

Use a 1/8" screwdriver and hollow out the fan tip.

It should fit any cap afterwards.