If Krylon Wasn't Bad Enough Already...

LICKERISH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say goodbye to any hope of it getting better ANY time soon.

It's official, they've gone female with their valve system, but not only female but fan spray.

And if the fan spray wasn't bad enough they've also redesigned their label with ugliness, and changed the look of the over cap to pure hideousness.

RIP KRYLON

Yeah a couple weeks ago I got word that they re-released avocado in satin and were coming out with a raspberry....then this. Just when I thought things were getting better. Glad I still got my stock of bordens, and a good hookup for older paint.

why are all the paints going male?

because the average consumer sees the advantages

a fan tip is better for filling in larger objects and what have you, they dont care if you cant pop and outline with it

people care about spraying at every angle

same reason dodge offers 26 inch rims stock on the charger if you want, people want it

because the average consumer sees the advantages

a fan tip is better for filling in larger objects and what have you, they dont care if you cant pop and outline with it

people care about spraying at every angle

same reason dodge offers 26 inch rims stock on the charger if you want, people want it

so this fan tip is going to produce a wide spray? wonder what cap it would be compared to..

idk, their gum drop and watermelon colors are some shit you cant find for rusto. I am hoping to go out and stock up on them colors before they restock the shelves with this new stuff. But besides that krylon isnt all that hot.

But that watermelon boy. damn.

its always been my opinion that if you cant paint with the stock nibs you shouldnt be using the paint at all

we've got that same system on a paint called fiddly bits in aus

still works fine for fills and ive outlined and keylined with them before

plus you can just get some oven cleaner caps and wack those on the stems

idk, their gum drop and watermelon colors are some shit you cant find for rusto. I am hoping to go out and stock up on them colors before they restock the shelves with this new stuff. But besides that krylon isnt all that hot.

But that watermelon boy. damn.

Seriously, that watermelon shit is the bomb. Try it out even if you don't like pink.

im not a huge fan of krylon myself but either way this is still not a great thing to see happen. ive never found any way to modify a fan tip can like these to use a regular cap. in my experience theyve always had a different valve system, like androidx said. anything too complex or time consuming hardly seems like it would be worth it for a single can.

the merchant-specific male cans of painters touch and american accents lines were bad enough...

now im just dreading the day rustoleum tries to switch the regular "stops rust" cans to a male valve.