Sacha Baron Cohen to retire Ali G and Borat

milford

SO. Ali G and Borat and going to be retired. I hope this isn't really true. I think Ali G in da house is one of the best movies ever. Borat ain't too shabby either. I hear he's making a movie about the gay german dude he does..what's his name?

..i hope this isn't true. oh well.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it had to be done. too many people know who those characters are now.

there was an ali g movie before, but it wasn't like the borat movie. he wasn't really going around fucking with people and asking them questions. it was a scripted movie. and it was pretty stupid that's why most have never heard of it.

i thought ali g and borat were funny though

Guest shai_hulud

Really? That sucks. Although I can see why...I hope he comes up with something even weirder next time.

I may be the only person alive who thought the Ali G movie was all right, if not as inspired as the show. Haven't seen the Borat movie yet.

Really? That sucks. Although I can see why...I hope he comes up with something even weirder next time.

I may be the only person alive who thought the Ali G movie was all right, if not as inspired as the show. Haven't seen the Borat movie yet.

see, i understand why yanks dont really find the ali g character that funny...

BUT, in england (where dude is from / sets his series / appeals to english audiences) the ali g movie was funny - but only at the time....

mainly because, over here (and this is very hard to explain unless you are from the uk) the people / characters who were in the film were something the general english public, could relate to....

im not sure how much americans can relate to brit comedy - i mean, didnt ricky gervais have to chamge the entire structure of "the office" for the american market???

Fuck this shit. Ali G is hilarious.

he's in tim burton's new movie with johnny dep about the barber ... I'd say he's at the height of his career

unless that dude can seriously change up his shit from these so-so impressions that most people can only truly appreciate when they are high then i am correct. i mean, give him the benefit of the doubt, but being at the height of your career, there's only one other way to go.

Guest YEAHMANWORD

I think bruno is pretty fuckin hysterical man. The one bit on da ali g show where he is in miami beach with the wrestling team is fucking classic.

I think alot of people who hate on the Borat movie are just hating because it was very popular. I use to have the same aversion to things....like my train of thought was "The average American loves it so it must suck really bad and I'll say I hate it." Then I watched an episode of The Office and loved it. I'm very open minded about shit now. Wow what a rambling incoherent paragraph.

im not sure how much americans can relate to brit comedy - i mean, didnt ricky gervais have to chamge the entire structure of "the office" for the american market???

watch the first episode of the uk version and us version of the office and the script is exactly the same.

they have to change it because we cant understand what the hell you people say