i want to see your vinyl/vinyl appreciation thread/nerd shit

boogie hands

6 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Is having the speakers with the RCA gonna really limit my mixer options? 

Do the equalizer functions on mixers vary much?

The outputs only limits what kind of speakers you can use to an extent. If you have a setup that uses RCAs and the mixer has it , you are good to go. The bigger plugs, like monitor and 1/4 inch outputs, are for bigger applications. The bigger applications can be easily be converted to RCAs with cables or adapter (and vice versa),  so you can pretty much get any mixer.

The EQs are all pretty much the same,  as long as each channel has its own EQ knobs.

Edited by T4M*
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yo, @T4M*, any recommendations for a semi budget friendly receiver and speakers to plug my tables into? That’s the main thing holding me up from subscribing to your scratch school video series. I got rid of my old one during a move.

• Like 1

99c thrift store cop. My second Cosby album

IMG_6988.jpeg

On 2/28/2024 at 9:12 AM, LUGR said:

I have my bro’s collection here right now, he has some serious heat across all genres.

Selection from his reggae collection.

149E046C-DD0D-4711-8D1B-BCA94E8EF9BC.jpeg

A7662941-093C-429E-80E8-56B9F873CA0D.jpeg

Whewwwwwwww wicked selection right there. I haven’t thought of Max Romeo in forever!!! Prince Far I is hard to come across for me 

13 minutes ago, LUGR said:

^What do you do with those?

Comedy albums? Toss em on while cooking or cleaning. The other album I have of his has a bit about Noah’s ark that is pretty good. Wanna get some Pryor, Foxx and Carlin. 

• Like 1

Scored this for $18. Sealed record with t shirt at used record store. Lady brought in a stack to sell and I peeped it on the bottom. Immediately asked owner to buy it and he hooked up a discount since I have being visiting his store weekly and buying a handful of records. Stoked.

8E0966BB-DE81-482C-A10A-11480CA0D711.jpeg

66BA475A-5434-4ABF-9A03-23E60C182745.jpeg

• Props 1

3 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

California pawn shop law

So resaling of items have to pass a background check of potentially stolen goods?  Is that what I just read on .ca.gov site? 

So like if items are seized and they go up for state auction, the item is put in a data base and as a safe guard recorded as a legitimate sale so it prevents the original owner of  claiming its legally theirs?  Even if the law was wrong in the seizure of goods?  

• Like 1

@ndvi think it’s more like if I break in a house and steal a rolex and pawn it, the pawn shop reports “hey someone pawned this model Rolex on this date” to local PD. Then local PD combs police reports to see if matching rolex was reported stolen during same timeline. 

honestly prob just checking a box on a form for the store. I doubt anyone at PD is checking anything like this. Except for maybe serialized shit. (Guns?)

edit: just reread your post and I think you’re right. No idea about police  auctions tho. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1