i want to see your vinyl/vinyl appreciation thread/nerd shit

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Skynard’s Second Helping copy from 74 with a note on the sleeve

IMG_7246.thumb.jpeg.a055b9b066a6b12251219e0e69405c82.jpeg

IMG_7241.thumb.jpeg.3c1ba1d154e7e9c5eff3336851306bd8.jpeg

a semi recent “basic bitch pick up” - Tool Lateralus. Fuck then for not putting side A, B, C, D anywhere on these things….

IMG_7242.thumb.jpeg.8573e20b367376be81e167b17fcc8e9b.jpeg

IMG_7244.thumb.jpeg.47afa7871deccb0d96e51b42daf32fa3.jpegIMG_7245.thumb.jpeg.5c11c28703cbcc52af00a83cd34e0b8f.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/21/2024 at 7:05 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Bought my mixer today. Guitar center had a used Xone 23 I copped at $299 @T4M*

Cant pick up til 4/7 due to some California pawn shop law though 

IMG_7240.webp

Fancy. These have a boosted pre amp, helping out the volume of the vinyls. You can now record your mixes in its separate line out and have clean audio.  Special note, you can replace the crossfader and keep this baby alive for a long time. MIX and Scratch, let us know how everything feels 👍

• Like 1

Ya’ll press up any dubplates?

Over the years of collecting/soulseeking/tracking down old artists to buy left over records,etc… I’ve gotten a nice collection of unreleased music from the 90s and onwards that I’ve dubplated for home listening.

currently going through my rare CDs, to press up some obscure cd only songs onto wax.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishCarBombs said:

Ya’ll press up any dubplates?

Over the years of collecting/soulseeking/tracking down old artists to buy left over records,etc… I’ve gotten a nice collection of unreleased music from the 90s and onwards that I’ve dubplated for home listening.

currently going through my rare CDs, to press up some obscure cd only songs onto wax.

Uhh never. How you do it?

30 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Uhh never. How you do it?

i usually just order mine as too expensive to get the blanks and equipment for unless plan on starting a business of it, few websites for it and some "private" channels to do it. I've ordered from cutadub.com, analogcutmastering.com and via instragram from private dj/label owner acquaintance.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

On 3/23/2024 at 1:23 PM, IrishCarBombs said:

I dabble in 90s/00s electronic records 

Little over 1,200 right now but will be parting ways with some soon 

IMG_7327.jpeg

Never realized Discogs had that feature. I’ve also only ever used Discogs to search an item, buy it, and the  close the page, haha.

3 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Pick up day. Previous owner swapped out the crossfader for one with issues. Maybe I can just open this up and tighten it

Dang, I sure hope so. That’s definitely going to be a @T4M*question.

Sorry dude, bit of a bummer to have to wait that time and then find out it has an issue. Probably fixable though.

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

Dang, I sure hope so. That’s definitely going to be a @T4M*question.

Sorry dude, bit of a bummer to have to wait that time and then find out it has an issue. Probably fixable though.

Found the schematic. Just kinda pissed I will be spending more money lol. They had a product protection plan thing for more money I opted out of too.  All well…

IMG_7621.png

• Like 3

Input 1 phono and input 2 iPhone on Spotify

trying to figure it out. innofader is due tomorrow. Need to install and align cartridge and needle on the second turntable still. Maybe I’ll do it tmrw same time as innofader install 

I’m having a lot of fun 

IMG_7759.jpeg

• Props 2

@LUGRI have those instrumentals - i think in some cheesy "blood splatter" 

Discogs is crucial even if just used for cataloging and searching for obscure info. 

image.thumb.png.4dfcab3633655fb4bf49c586f76cfcf1.png

Went to a record store recommended by my soon to be brother in law - Twelves Wax in Sacramento. They definitely specialized in hip hop singles, geared to DJ's for sure. 

Despite it being a hip hop spot, I copped the Jazz LP. I find myself not really buying hip hop on vinyl unless I really dig it or collect the artist. 

Prefer rock, jazz, reggae on vinyl.

2024-04-13 12:06:44.477.jpeg

2024-04-13 12:06:19.806.jpeg

IMG_5471.jpeg

• Like 2