MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm doing design project for school and I've decided to try and make a marker so i came here to ask you guys what you thought was needed in a marker. I know what I like in my markers, I just wanted to gather your opinions.

Remember this is just a school project, I'm not making any money from this and I possibly won't even have time to create a model. It's all in the design.

My thoughts:

Easy to squeeze, transparent, non leaky, wide circle tip, skinny body, easy to refill and small size.

What do you guys like? Huge nib? Massive ink reserve? Ergonomic? Easy to squeeze? No drips? Chisel tip?

I'm doing design project for school and I've decided to try and make a marker so i came here to ask you guys what you thought was needed in a marker. I know what I like in my markers, I just wanted to gather your opinions.

Remember this is just a school project, I'm not making any money from this and I possibly won't even have time to create a model. It's all in the design.

My thoughts:

Easy to squeeze, transparent, non leaky, wide circle tip, skinny body, easy to refill and small size.

What do you guys like? Huge nib? Massive ink reserve? Ergonomic? Easy to squeeze? No drips? Chisel tip?

i like my mops aerodynamic for those times when i have to throw it my head, there should also be a comb attached to it so when I do throw it at my head it will comb my hair for me

• Like 1

are you designing a marker or a mop?

markers shouldnt be easy to squeeze.

mops should be.

I havn't decided, I was leaning towards a mop as I prefer them. But for the purpose of the school maybe it's better to design a valve marker as it would enable me to showcase my work a little bit more. Considering that a mop is really just an ink container with a nip on the top.

@ dapirogy and n8galicia.

cool.

I havn't decided, I was leaning towards a mop as I prefer them. But for the purpose of the school maybe it's better to design a valve marker as it would enable me to showcase my work a little bit more. Considering that a mop is really just an ink container with a nip on the top.

@ dapirogy and n8galicia.

cool.

do the mop. you can go complex with it but if your running waaay behind schedule you can just slap something real simple together.

Ive noticed Pilot Jumbos are hard to find for me too. I live in a pretty big city and none of the micheals here or UPS stores or anywhere has them. I found one small art store that had them. So i dunno where else to look for the Pilot Jumbo. great marker by the way

all the michaels in the bay area are tight on security. all the good markers are behind cages. the only ones left out are some shitty waterbased ones. although they have prisma packs out too.

haha thats weird, at ours the prisma packs are behind the counter

Just went and got a fresh shorty yesterday at art primo... I love those little guys. the 100wl looks dope though! Has anybody ever tried refilling one?

http://onlymarkers.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/collector-cp-sh/

check it a few pictures down, but it doesn't sound easy. In the comments he talks about chopping off the bottom then resealing after refilling with silicon, then the obvious tape wrap. So its refillable in the sense that yes you could technically hack anything enough. but fuck it.