MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hey all, just made myself my first marker. i used an old elmer's glue bottle, and some old silver paint markers.

i just took out the rubber stoppers from the paint markers and poured the paint into the glue bottle. i used a green scouring pad as the nib, rolled it up real tight so the paint won't spill out. looks pretty decent, the bottle is also soft so you could squeeze it. i'm guessing any paint that won't eat through plastic is useable, so long as it's milk like in its consistency. i also added 2 glass beads to mix the paint.

edit: i also added some black paint markers to the mix, it had kinda weird results. the silver paint ate up the black paint, when i tried writing on a piece of paper, the black showed up but then it kinda faded and it became silver. looking behind the paper, it's just black, no silver.

maybe the paint has different densities? i dunno. hope the black seeps out when it gets buffed, that would be cool. haha.

made a mop outta a sock, a cleaned-out pocket sized hand sanitzer bottle, and some krink

hey all, just made myself my first marker. i used an old elmer's glue bottle, and some old silver paint markers.

i just took out the rubber stoppers from the paint markers and poured the paint into the glue bottle. i used a green scouring pad as the nib, rolled it up real tight so the paint won't spill out. looks pretty decent, the bottle is also soft so you could squeeze it. i'm guessing any paint that won't eat through plastic is useable, so long as it's milk like in its consistency. i also added 2 glass beads to mix the paint.

edit: i also added some black paint markers to the mix, it had kinda weird results. the silver paint ate up the black paint, when i tried writing on a piece of paper, the black showed up but then it kinda faded and it became silver. looking behind the paper, it's just black, no silver.

maybe the paint has different densities? i dunno. hope the black seeps out when it gets buffed, that would be cool. haha.

this is knda like the OTR Stainless mixture. nothing special...and why the hell would you waste paint markers for a home made mop that might not work?

u just gave me an idea put some paint (or maybe ink) in the glue bottle and just squeeze that shit right out and rote with it like u would when u glue shit on paper you probably wouldnt even have to then the paint bc glue is thick! im sure this has already been done a million times but just thought id add my idea :)

@Runine: i got some extra paint markers and the nibs were kinda messed up. bombed some places with it, it was pretty cool, looked like silver paint with black specks, and it's really drippy since the scouring pad was pretty porous, but it didn't spill.

@szr: yeah, that's exactly what i thought of after making my mop. i was thinking of putting maybe a sponge or a foam right below the nib (the ones i know have a sort of plastic screen nib) so maybe that could not make it spill out.

hahaha i was afraid it might be a huge mess but ya man a lot of ppl get ketchup bottles and put red paint in or mustard bottles and use yellow paint and squirt it out for sidewalk tags...plus those heinz bottles have like that lil rubber regulator kind of thing for when u squirt the ketchup so it only comes out when u squeeze im sure its great for paint. pretty sure thats what most ppl use around here in dallas bc most the sidewalk tags are red and yellow...id use white in a glue bottle the cops see you theyre like look at the weirdo squirtin ketchup nad glue haha

@Runine: i got some extra paint markers and the nibs were kinda messed up. bombed some places with it, it was pretty cool, looked like silver paint with black specks, and it's really drippy since the scouring pad was pretty porous, but it didn't spill.

take nib out. flip nib over. put nib back.

i took advantage of that 2 or 8 dollars molotow deal art primo had, wanted to try out a legit "graffiti" marker. besides them sending me the two gayest colors on earth (dark green and dark brown wtf?) they are alright.

a bit on the big side, but they are almost silent.

they are both still pretty much full, i only put up a few tags with each (i didnt really notice everything in my town thats steel is either dark brown or green...) if anyones down to trade.

pm if you want to get up with me, i dont check this thread often

just found a new marker, the stock ink it has is really shitty, i think it's almost water based, but the great thing that it has a big nib, around 12cm i think. and it's pretty cheap. i'll post pictures later since i don't have it with me right now. i think it's a knock off brand, and it costs about 2 dollars.

• 2 weeks later...

just discovered a convenient way to refill those squeezable glue containers with ink. use a squeeze condiment bottle. just mix your paint+thinner in the condiment bottle, shake it, add some washers etc to mix it better, and just squeeze it into your mop to refill. it's quick and not that messy, cause when i use a funnel, i tend to get it all over the place. plus, you can do refills pretty quickly with this method.