My day at the air show! (photos)

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a few years ago (ok, more like 10) a friend and i were driving somewhere, and we passed this field where there was a little airshow going on, what with the olde tyme planes and all... drove by just in time to see some dude trying to loop his plane, engine cut out, plane hit the ground.

i've still got the newspaper article from the day after around here somewhere.

We have the F-15 Tactical Demo team on our ramp , pretty nice guys for being USAF . The Thunderbirds are at NASA , and I had the misfortune to fuel them yesterday . But..there are 2 female pilots this year , and one is a hottie and the other is rather dudish .

* Super Bojangles , I'll try and get some patches , stickers and posters for the kids if I can . :cool:

Some one else's day at the airshow

RADOM, Poland: Two pilots were killed performing aerial acrobatics at an air show in Poland when their aircraft collided head-on above thousands of spectators.

A Reuters photographer at the scene said the crash happened on Saturday after a three-plane formation fanned out and two of the aircraft slammed into each other as they tried to re-converge.

The stricken planes plummeted towards a wooded area at the edge of the airfield near the south-central town of Radom. There were no reports of injuries among those on the ground.

Pilots from 15 countries were taking part in the two-day air show, which was cancelled after the crash.

Also on Saturday, a single-engine plane crashed near a airport in central California and exploded into flames, killing six. The Los Angeles Times reported that they were the pilot, his wife; his brother and sister; and two nieces, one them aged five months.

They had flown from Santa Monica Airport to Kern Valley Airport, where the plane crashed upon approach.

The Lancair Columbia was consumed in a grassfire sparked by the crash in the Sierra foothills.

1481602456_plane2_wideweb__470x23001.jpg.1b064909ed05575e48ffa13785113f08.jpg

Some one else's day at the airshow

RADOM, Poland: Two pilots were killed performing aerial acrobatics at an air show in Poland when their aircraft collided head-on above thousands of spectators.

A Reuters photographer at the scene said the crash happened on Saturday after a three-plane formation fanned out and two of the aircraft slammed into each other as they tried to re-converge.

The stricken planes plummeted towards a wooded area at the edge of the airfield near the south-central town of Radom. There were no reports of injuries among those on the ground.

Pilots from 15 countries were taking part in the two-day air show, which was cancelled after the crash.

Also on Saturday, a single-engine plane crashed near a airport in central California and exploded into flames, killing six. The Los Angeles Times reported that they were the pilot, his wife; his brother and sister; and two nieces, one them aged five months.

They had flown from Santa Monica Airport to Kern Valley Airport, where the plane crashed upon approach.

The Lancair Columbia was consumed in a grassfire sparked by the crash in the Sierra foothills.

yeah i was just about to post this, they got their money's worth!

^^^ Especially if your job involves being around them all day at work . :lol:

I have a love/hate relationship with aviation and aircraft . I find it amusing how many people get so excited about them when I have days I don't want to hear , let alone see a single damn plane .