Official 12oontz Music Producer Exchange

T4M*

It must be the video quality, but the first one needs a bass line. Also a chorus. I think I only caught it once at the end.

But are you going for more of a "beat" or a "rap beat" ?

If its just a beat, i like it, was scratching to it.

The second one is structured correctly. Once you get lyrics going, then you can get creative with the beat.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well i do skskskskskratchin also.. so some i made to skratch over, nice loops, the first one has a chorus, its subtle, but there, the second one is more of a rap beat, most the time i just make a beat, n if i get the oppurtunity, meaning if i find somethin to layer over to make a chorus than i'll flip it into a beat that'll be structured for a chorus, or a breakdown, a like a nice two bar break ya know? btw: thanks for the feedback i've only been makin beats for a year now...

• 2 weeks later...

heres a beat i made from sampling the tom and jerry theme song...

im almost done writing to it i just gotta finish the third verse then record..

im gonna also add lil cartoon sound effects throughout the beat once i lay down the verses

just for a lil extra effect.. well lemmie know what yall think...

http://soundcloud.com/exquizite-1/tom-and-jerry-inst

i like the sampling and i was waiting for the long bass lines and you came through.

I think you should produce the tom and jerry theme song, which i think its difficult, making the song clean.

The samples (tom and jerry theme song) has too many different instruments. Produce the main ones.

i like the sampling and i was waiting for the long bass lines and you came through.

I think you should produce the tom and jerry theme song, which i think its difficult, making the song clean.

The samples (tom and jerry theme song) has too many different instruments. Produce the main ones.

wooord the song is fuckin dope so far though and everyone whos heard it so far

say its mad catchy.. im adding some cartoon sound effects throughout the beat

to kinda match up with the verses you know.. that was the cleanest chop i found

after sampling it though.. kinda reminds me of that gudda gudda beat i dont like the look of it...

but of course i like mine better.. haha

Finished the other one and on to the next one.....

I already added the drum N bass part and it sounds awesome. Still listening to it a million times to see what i need to change and add on. This is song number 10. My album is going to have 12 songs.

Almost there.

• 2 weeks later...

heres the same tom and jerry beat i just added the sound effects to match with my verses..

i think it sounds better with them and along with the rhymes it sounds ill so far...

plus i fucked with the eq and fixed the highs and lows a lil to make it sound more clear..

ill post up a version of the track once i record the verses and hook..

There isnt much difference really, just structured differently. I do that from time to time to a song that i want to fix. For Example:

Its Time - Ferry Corsten

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc6zs2utgqM

I really like the beat, so ill "Structure" It differently.

I demonstrate two examples. I can actually make it into a whole beat if i wanted to, adding my own instruments/samples and such.

I dont know the correct term for this technique, but its not REMIX, people tend to call it that. Chop will work i guess, or what i personally call it "Transformed".

One of my friends was checking out my work and really did like my work. Not into the drum N bass, but did like the instruments/samples that I use/create.

He said to make a "Chill" Song, something simple, something easy to listen too.

Here it is...

Edit*

I still need to mess with it.

I LOVE ABLETON LIVE!

Never used Acid or Fl8. Fl8 can do great things, seen alot of videos from people creating songs.

This is what I use....

59200374.jpg

I use them all.

Ableton to create everything.

Magix to organize/fine tune the samples.

VDJ to add samples live and a few different effects.

My Casio Piano I also use to create beats and such. Also i use it as a MIDI.

I have a Denon CDJ to create scratches live.

Edit* I would start with FL. Ableton is intense.

what programs are you guys using? I just downloaded Ableton Live, Sony Acid 6.0 Pro, and FL 8 Studio. FL is the easiest I think, any suggestions on which program I should use since I have all three on my laptop right now?

well let me start by saying delete acid as soon as you can..

shit is huff as fuck.. you'll thank me later.. my homie uses ableton live to

make some of his beats but he mostly uses it for recording songs..

it works great gets everything done quick and there are tons of vsts for it as well as fl8..

never used it myself though all my beats i make are straight off my laptop with fruity loops 8..

my laptop is practically my everything its all i got.. ill be staring at this damn thing for hours

chopping some shit up in fruity loops.. if your gonna make beats fl is your best bet to begin with..

its really simple once you understand where everything is at and whats what..

once you get the hang of it you'll be makin beats like nothin.. i suggest if your gonna record

your own tracks to try and get a copy of pro tools instead of acid.. pro tools is the shit

and works with anything.. you can still record on ableton if you choose too though doesnt really matter..

either way you should be good with what you got just fuck with everything really and get the hang of the programs...

plus you can easily look up tutorial videos on youtube for any of these and whatever else you'd like to learn about them..

Recycle for chopping shit.

Celemony melodyne for pitchshifting,note bending tweaking,

Fl studio 9,7,5 for everything else..

Cookoos reaper is pretty decent..its a lot like acid pro..im still learnin that.

Yamaha final master ,and waves diamond bundle is a must for mastering post n pre.

I own a yamaha djx2 yamaha..something or other but its newer..a few vintage casios..a full size thomas organ with whirlitzer and im about to mod it to make the drums sound like a 909.

Alright cool, FL has been the program I've been using the most and it sounds like its gonna be the best choice for now. Im gonna cop pro tools right now and record on that. I was trying to record using FL and it seemed messy. I dont know why I forgot about pro tools when I did all this torrenting. Thanks for the info!

The only levels you gotta mess with is the Vocals, everything else is good.

If you have an EQ, lower the mids a bit and maybe add some highs (Vocals Only). Once perfected, post link or send it to me cus i want it :)

Right now im uploading a WORKOUT Session on "Cuts". With my video, if you practice, you should be able to cut fast as me on the one's and two's.

This some Tae Bo shit! Link in a few.