Official 12oontz Music Producer Exchange

T4M*

added

friendly advice? for downtempo, dnb, whatever,,,, itts always a good idea to cut the intro and jump to the chase on myspace... most big time producers do this... because a lot of peopel have add and cand wait around for the buildup

shit was cool tho

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thats cool to make epic tracks, but you gotta scale it back for myspace, just from what everyone else Ive met who is big up there...

I hang out with a lot of big name EDM producers and djs just because thats mainly what my promoter does and its big monetty... but homnestly I have no clue who they are and it makes it more on an even lever...

Derek Plastiko was at my crib last weekend, hes some godfather of tetroit garage, butt he was just chillin because I have no idea who he is...

and thats how htey do it on myslpace, because people got add

yea .. i get adhd with my own page going on two days is the longest a set of songs has stayed up..

i just find it strange how some people only rely on myspace though... as if physically hustling your shit was never invented.

the approach to my own page is more of an evolution of a character that cares nothing of song structure and writes bad poetry in his blog..

people that actually know me and in my friends list wich is about 150 something as of november when the page was created 42 are bands and a few are 12ozers.... but the rest i see or speak to on the phone at least a few times a month get where i'm going with this and have heard actual albums(..album..1) done by me or with a band

i would rather have an album actually be picked up in a store then downloaded off myspace since it just adds to the disposability of what you have produced.

also i'm so just rambling at the moment

also what the fuck is edm...

yea .. i get adhd with my own page going on two days is the longest a set of songs has stayed up..

i just find it strange how some people only rely on myspace though... as if physically hustling your shit was never invented.

the approach to my own page is more of an evolution of a character that cares nothing of song structure and writes bad poetry in his blog..

people that actually know me and in my friends list wich is about 150 something as of november when the page was created 42 are bands and a few are 12ozers.... but the rest i see or speak to on the phone at least a few times a month get where i'm going with this and have heard actual albums(..album..1) done by me or with a band

i would rather have an album actually be picked up in a store then downloaded off myspace since it just adds to the disposability of what you have produced.

also i'm so just rambling at the moment

dude I put mixtapes in stores on consignment, then dont collect because thats not whats thats about

when I was doing this there was no beatport, no CDJ's, no breaks comps, fuck dirtstylle recdords were the first thing out and we use to clown dudes using breaks records in their sets...

If you didnt pull your drums from a rare loop, some babe ruth winstons shit, then you were fakin it....

but its not like that anymore, and im not liek that anymore

this got way more dls on here than I sold, but whatever

http://www.datpiff.com/La-The-Darkman-Darkman-2---The-Mixtape-mid3832.html

3832.jpg

I got 4000+ listens and 1000+ dls

I want to make electronic music.

I just downloaded fruityloops 8 because i'm simple. And now I think I have to start finding cracks for vst's...whatever they are.

I think i'm in over my head.

What's a good program to make remixes with like add extra drums and and noises and shit?

not mashup crapup

And how hard is it to learn Ableton? and what will that do for me?

i'm going to sleep now

I want to make electronic music.

I just downloaded fruityloops 8 because i'm simple. And now I think I have to start finding cracks for vst's...whatever they are.

I think i'm in over my head.

What's a good program to make remixes with like add extra drums and and noises and shit?

not mashup crapup

And how hard is it to learn Ableton? and what will that do for me?

i'm going to sleep now

abelton willl do anything if you follow tutorials, or get someone to school you, which is how its really done

fruityloops isnt bad, I never used it, but 9th wonder did

acid is decent, I use weird secret shit noone else uses

reason is balllin out the frame too, love me some reason

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I think im lost. Youre that one nigga right? my rival right?

If so, i remember you having that song on myspace and i like that one better and told you to finish it cuz the beginning was dope.

Lose the trumpet and give me that song, the one you had on your myspace.

Did you make the beats? if so, i like the beat on TC vs Capa.

I made this quick hip hop beat for my scratching.....

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/5/1/11349/Beat%20One.mp3

i have some Battle samples for those Djs that want them. If anyone knows where to get songs that DJ Qbert plays when he scratches that would be great. Need more battle beats.