Official 12oontz Music Producer Exchange

T4M*

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i didn't want to start a thread for this, so i figured this would be a good place to ask. my girlfriend just bought me a numark TTUSB turntable for my birthday.

numark-ttusb.jpg

So i'm curious if anyone knows anything about this? i don't want to keep it, just so i can MP3 my records, so i'm trying to figure out other things i can do with it. what i'm curious about, is if there is any software that is simple, that i could pull the MP3's into and mix, cut up, loop, etc. i seriously don't do shit with computers, i've been strictly analog since i bought my first records. she's told me that if i want to return it and use the money for records, i can. so if i'm not really going to use this thing --i'd probably be better off with that.

so if anyone has any advice, let me know.

From the looks of it, that turntable is nothing special, other than converting your records to MP3.

I dont think there is a program that lets you "cut, loop" while the record plays on the numark. You still have to record it.

Now, if you dont have a program to record your records, or a program to provide the loops and such, use this.....

virtualdj_included.jpg

http://www.virtualdj.com

go to that site and download their free 20 day trial.

When you download it, you will get the latest version. I like the old version better.

Let me know what you think about the program and ill hook you up with the crack and such.

Almost forgot.

I Feel sorry for all you people who buy all kinds of vynals. Why buy a shit load of vynals when you can simply buy this.....

index.php?catno=MR220570

Its a time coded Vynal. Virtual DJ lets you use your own turtables and mixer, and mix up your MP3s on your comp. Basicly, your mp3s/wav files are your records.

on some real shit the rane ttm/empath series is the best line of mixers ever created. ..

I worked for a company that was a dealer for pretty much every pro audio company that exists, and even compared to the vestax 06+ models and the pioneer 008+ they all kill. No contest, hands down the best mixers ever made for any type of djing you could do

and I dont even work for them anymore. Im just sharing knowledge

I used that Vestax 2 channel Mixer before. The fade/cut knob was slick and easy to slide. Thats a good mixer. When it came out, it was One G and they knock it down like half since they came up with the three channel one.

For clean cut scratches, i would go for that vestax, unless the ttm/empath is better.

man Im telling you they are the best ever. Vestax are awesome for turntablists and scratch djs dont get me wrong, I still enjoy using them, but the ranes will last forever and a day...

Ive yet to meet a vestax I didnt like - ive used the PMC - 05, 06, 07 pro, 08, and that weird slim model they put out I really loved, dont remember the model tho.

But my Rane ttm-56 is the best shit i ever played with. You can make a solid argument for those Vestaxs tho, they are awesome

I dont think there is a program that lets you "cut, loop" while the record plays on the numark. You still have to record it.

i phrased that wrong. i didn't mean "cut" as in "scratch." i was talking more about editing tracks, basically sampling from MP3. Also, just being able to layer the MP3's into a timeline to create a mix. see, i don't even know what i'm looking for. i didn't expect her to get me this gift, and i'm not sure why she did. so now i'm trying to figure out what possibilities are attached to it, before i return it.

thanks for the input though. with that virtual dj program, do i need two tables, or can i just hook up the one i have, and work with that.