Official 12oontz Music Producer Exchange

T4M*

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, and thats why that program is pretty dope. See, he has the USB Table, so im assuming that he can only use that table to control one or the other virtual Table.

With the time coded vynals, you can assign real turntables to the virtual turntables. let me takes pics of it.....

Here is the one I mostly use....

virtua1dy3.png

Its easy to use and on the go. The old one also comes with its own Vynal Rip program. It also comes with the basic functions. Sample, record, loop, effects, and your stardard EQ.

Here is the new version....

virtua2qw7.jpg

This one has more of a DJ Feeling than the other one, the way the buttoms are setup. Also, each of this programs lets you mix MUSIC VIDEOS as well, for those that play Music videos on the projector/tv like me.

Why buy money for a pioneer dvd table, when you can mix our own mpeg/avi/etc videos off your pc. The new virtual DJ is recomended for Videos, since it has more effects than the last one.

i phrased that wrong. i didn't mean "cut" as in "scratch." i was talking more about editing tracks, basically sampling from MP3. Also, just being able to layer the MP3's into a timeline to create a mix. see, i don't even know what i'm looking for. i didn't expect her to get me this gift, and i'm not sure why she did. so now i'm trying to figure out what possibilities are attached to it, before i return it.

thanks for the input though. with that virtual dj program, do i need two tables, or can i just hook up the one i have, and work with that.

I think what you need is http://www.ableton.com/live

grand funk booty something

just relized i uploaded the wrong version ..

i took of alot of crap that just wasnt needed.. but this version is with the crap and also not mixed down

i started with this i guess "style" as a byproduct of reading up on

formants

formants with diagrams

and here is my step into making bad dubstep tracks.... i had a crappy soundcard and the vst i used to make the basses was upgraded to a new version so since i lost the old version of that vst fl studio wont recognize the v2.0 even though its the same damn vst and dll. file name

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UI8679ZO

• 1 month later...

yeah its not quite done yet, probably about 85%

theres a monthly here that features DJs playing mashups thats hugly popular and my production coming from an older beat digging perspective ive been throwing classic hip hop ac's on crunk beats and shit like that for years,

Im trying to deversify my portfolio as of lately as far as DJ/ production goes

thanks for the listens, propped and all that

I'm a dj on the radio, in the clubs, make mixtapes, etc. and if you ask me, while serato and these other programs are handy, the music just doesn't feel real if i don't have copies of it on vinyl. what happens when your computer crashes while you're at the club? (seen it happen) all of that smoke, jostling it around, shit's just a disaster waiting to happen. give me crates of vinyl and I'm good to go.

I feel like all music, not just hip-hop, is dying. As the mediums change, music changes. When you listened to music on records, you were attached to the music in a way that you will never be with an ipod. The act of handling a record, and actually seeing the music (the grooves), just adds some romance to the music listening experience. Having to get up and flip the record over is great to me, the interaction makes the music more real, like you can actually feel a little piece of the artist in your hands. The artwork was another way to be connected to the artist, to get a glimpse into who they are and what they stand for.

Even tapes were good for this, the fact that you had to flip the tape over was a form of interaction. Then along come CDs, and something was lost....if your cd got scratched, it was over. You can get a little scotch tape and fix that tape, you can play all of the other songs on the album, but that cd's done. Then people start downloading songs and burning thier own cds. The act of aquiring music got even more impersonal. You could find songs on the net that were fucking awesome, and never know if you even had the right song title or artist. you may never find another song from that artist, or know what they looked like, where they were from, anything.

Now you've got ipods, the most impersonal way to listen to music yet made. There is no physical representation of the music to build that connection between artist and listener, nothing to form that common bond between fans of the same artist. "Hey, let me plug my ipod up to your itunes and get that song" doesn't have the same appeal to me as "hey, let me borrow that record" or even "let me get a dub of that tape"

Music sucks now, and I blame it all on the fact that the music is real impersonal, and seems more temporary, due to the change in medium.

I know this is long-winded, but it just forced it's way out, sorry.

for fans of the mash-ups, I've got a couple of cds for you to check out (with the free downloads)

This dude's on my DJ team, is beloved on http://www.rapmullet.com (mixtape review website), was a Justo Awards nominee, and is basically running the mash-up mixtape game

The mixtape that blew him up, nominated as mash-up of the year at the Justo Awards, name-checked by AZ in a freestyle: Philmatic - all Phil Collins and Nas

1680.jpg

Eminem and Elton John - Eminelton

8774.jpg

Wu-Tang and The Who

5814.jpg

Marvin Gay and Jay Z

8378.jpg