Official 12oontz Music Producer Exchange

T4M*

Posted (edited)

Awesome.

I use Glitch hop to hype up a song or prepare a new theme mix.

Out of no where, imagine hearing this :

I get people off guard, than drop a phat beat, or remix the song to the new theme.

In other words, I use Glitch to transition to new Mix.

Edited by T4M*
  • Like 1
  • Props 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@LUGR that's what's up. 

Honestly, when I think about it.  Most mashups (some are more noticeable than others) specially the box heads I posted is arguably more of sampling than an actual mashup.  

I guess the reason why I lean more toward sampling is because the short quick mixes that are basically chorus or the climax of the song that is mixed in and played.  

Which I think sampling is harder to do than a Mashup due how easy one sound played at the wrong time or could be the wrong sound in general can ruin the song or set real fast.  The other reason sampling is harder imo, is the fact that the sound can be tweaked in so many variants with a mixer finding the right one may work for perfect for one beat/song but completely ruin in another during the same set.

You can have a killer mashup but a sample can make it trash fast.  Learning how to and use sampling is like knowing how and when to scratch and what type of scratch sound enhances the set.  To me sampling is like a using a pentatonic scale opposed the a quick fancy chord change. 

Edited by ndv
  • Like 2

What's underneath the vinyl on the bad stable? I used to replace the "matt" with a piece of paper to make the vinyl more "loose" for Scratching.  Did notice it wasn't grabbing the vinyl right, but my crabs were sik.

@LUGR

On 3/28/2024 at 6:30 PM, T4M* said:

Awesome.

I use Glitch hop to hype up a song or prepare a new theme mix.

Out of no where, imagine hearing this :

I get people off guard, than drop a phat beat, or remix the song to the new theme.

In other words, I use Glitch to transition to new Mix.

That's nostalgic, I like it.  OGs would get it. 

• Truth 1

11 hours ago, T4M* said:

What's underneath the vinyl on the bad stable? I used to replace the "matt" with a piece of paper to make the vinyl more "loose" for Scratching.  Did notice it wasn't grabbing the vinyl right, but my crabs were sik.

@LUGR

Just the felt slip mat and then a plastic slip mat. Same on both tables. I tried removing the plastic slip mat and it still lags. When o pull the record back and release it, it doesn’t jump forward…..super sluggish….super annoying. Still possible to beat match but a bit more challenging and takes corrections. All good though still learning.

I did the quick mix exercise you recommended yesterday, I think I fizzled out in the 4 range. Did worse today, but found a pretty cool mix I like. I’ll keep at it. Need to pick up some more instrumentals.

these setting match on both tables, but could any of these need to be adjusted?

0B86C395-56B2-41F9-8279-12B5AC5462AE.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Need to start getting on my shit more and contributing to this thread.. since things have been complicated in life recently it's hard for me to sit and focus on things but the past couple of days I've been getting back into the swing of things.. here's something I posted on IG a little while ago of something I'm working on.. rough draft in the video but in FL I redid the bass line, added cleaner high hats and kicks, just gotta clean it up and lay it all out.. sample is sped way the fuck up and pitched up a little bit as well..

There's some others I've been fucking with lately I'll try and post after work when I get a chance to see what yall think..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

Need to start getting on my shit more and contributing to this thread.. since things have been complicated in life recently it's hard for me to sit and focus on things but the past couple of days I've been getting back into the swing of things.. here's something I posted on IG a little while ago of something I'm working on.. rough draft in the video but in FL I redid the bass line, added cleaner high hats and kicks, just gotta clean it up and lay it all out.. sample is sped way the fuck up and pitched up a little bit as well..

There's some others I've been fucking with lately I'll try and post after work when I get a chance to see what yall think..

vid won’t play for me 😞 

2 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

@LUGR really..?? Thats weird it still plays for me.. uggghhh stoopid technology 🤦🏽‍♂️ I'll try and just save a portion of the audio later tonight and try posting that instead 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah, different formats and devices don’t seem to jive well with video posts…..yet. Hopefully it will get worked out. Looking for to checking it out

appreciate it @T4M*

i know i was gonna upload the mp3 version of that last night but i got hella tired after work.. woke up this morning and went through some other beats ive been fucking with and had this one i recently did.. some video i found of Mansur Brown playing his guitar in his backyard or something.. sounded cool so i figured let me try something out with it..

its very rough draft type shit in its early stages.. i feel like the sample is too sharp or high in certain parts because of the trippy ambient sounds he was using on his pedals so i might mess with that a bit, change the kicks up here and there, add some other type of percussion maybe to switch it up a bit..

thoughts..? ill try and upload others soon..