Official 12oontz Music Producer Exchange

T4M*

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DAW  (Digital Audio Workstation)

SUITE-9-LITE-UP.jpg

Personal Preference:

I love the setup when it comes to arranging sounds and manipulating them

Performance:

Pretty powerful, even with live shows.  It has the ability to run other DAWs as well (I have a Fruity Loops Plug-In when I collab with those people)

Synthesizer (Making Sounds)

Untitlefd-1.thumb.jpg.ee4d8b7e1bb9111ddbd3292ddc8c7a25.jpg

About:

Native Instruments Massive. Has 3 Signals to influence the sound you are going after.  I LOVE MASSIVE. Game changer for me.  This can pretty much make any sound you are looking for. Plus, has many ways to manipulate the sounds.

Easy to share sounds (Keypoint) between producers and comes with mastering tools.

Omnisphere-2-Slide-09.jpg

About:

Omhisphere 2.  This adds color, texture, background noise, hidden tones, and sounds that can fuck up your brain (pretty intense sounds).  I also has "sharp" sounds if you are looking for a pre-made synth.  THIS YOU CANNOT make a sound from scratch, it has presets (all presets have setting to change the sound you picked. Very rare to use this as a Main synth for me, hard to control the sounds.

PLUG-INS, MASTERING TOOLS

Untitle22d-1.jpg.a7e7fb807b4c369c4a42b08fe4f2639e.jpg

About:

SYNTHS with Presets only: Bounce, Exotic, Hybrid, Loris, MPG, Nexus 2, PM$, Splash, Transillient.

MASTERING TOOLS: WaveShell 9.0 (Live shows plug-ins, microphone adjustments, compressors, etc.

DISTORTIONS: Camelphat, Ohmicide (my bitch)

Instruments

1643797091_Screenshot_2020-01-11(frisko_skiez04)Instagramphotosandvideos.png.8da2a73a61fc23bf0dd216d2ad9afe6f.png

About:

I don't use them for live shows, just use them for inspiration.

AKAI - Drum pad

Reloop - Initiate sounds on the fly

Launchpad - "Piano", sound cues, light show, control Ableton Live Setup.

LAUNCH PAD

MASSIVE:

ABLETON LIVE 9

NEXUS 2 HYBRID MASSIVE

HEADPHONES

SOUND EQUIPMENT:

In storage, Pics after winter.

@Dirty_habiT

Edited by T4M*
  • Props 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sega Retro Remix

◼ I use Sega elements and create different sounds throughout the song.

◼ I start retro, than psy trance, than end it with hard trance.  140BPM - slightly mastered

◼Pretty much where my knowledge of music and production sits at the moment.  I'm still studying sound engineering, and frequency outputs.  Sound sounding more clear, still too muddy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/8/2012 at 2:34 AM, Tails0nE said:

damn havent been here in forever...

well since i finally got a computer and internet again

i figured id share what ive been doing with my oontz niggas...

Every Single Day feat. Ricky-T

Model feat. Sean Rich

Rhymes For Days feat. Ricky-T

i should be done with my mixtape within a month and a half or so

i still got alot of work to do before releasing the mixtape in its entirety

since im finally getting my shit back together i can start putting things in motion finally..

and i should also have a video up soon for the rhymes for days song..

hope everyone else out there is still creating music..

Bro!  I dig it. Model and Rhymes For Days have a third coast type harmony to to them.  I think it's the flow and low voice that give it a Screwston type feel.

Keep it up sounds good. 

I have been thinking about getting some Pioneer equipment for mixing.   I am not so much in to making beats, to me I am not that artistic in that way,  But always I have always been interested in the art of mixing.   

On 2/3/2021 at 9:59 AM, ndv said:

Bro!  I dig it. Model and Rhymes For Days have a third coast type harmony to to them.  I think it's the flow and low voice that give it a Screwston type feel.

Keep it up sounds good. 

I have been thinking about getting some Pioneer equipment for mixing.   I am not so much in to making beats, to me I am not that artistic in that way,  But always I have always been interested in the art of mixing.   

holy throwback batman..!! lmao sheeeeessshhh that shit is old.. i appreciate it tho my dude.. i feel like my voice is kinda deeper from back then or more crackl-ier i guess with years of smoking added on.. im working on a bunch of other shit than that but ive been in a funk for the longest now.. after i found out my homie was a snake i kinda kept my head down and worked my ass off in these restaurants but now with time on my hands im getting back into the swing of things and doing everything on my own now.. better that way honestly..

i was thinking of getting a lil dj controller deck myself just to fuck around with for fun.. had a couple in mind that werent that too expensive but i figured id chill for now and not splurge till i get back to work, that way i know i can make that money back.. looking into getting the novation launchkey mini mk3 just so i can throw it in my backpack with my computer the midi controller i have now is a hand me down and just too bulky and stupid looking..

anybody else in here make music..? im also trying to figure out how to get some plugins for the free but im kinda doubtful.. feel like i lost my touch scouring the interwebz looking for those free joints i used to have on my super old computer.. anybody got any insight on finding some shit for the free like Grossbeat or Omnisphere? kinda just shooting in the dark here.. really dont wanna cough up the 500+ it usually costs..

should have some new beats coming soon..

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 2/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, ndv said:

Yo @T4M  you listen to EDM ?  Been keeping up with Tiësto?

I'll look into my stash to see what last album I got from Tiesto. My library of Electronic Music does extend to the Current EDM, Tiesto falls under Trance or Progressive,  if that is what you are interested in.

2 minutes ago, T4M said:

I'll look into my stash to see what last album I got from Tiesto. My library of Electronic Music does extend to the Current EDM, Tiesto falls under Trance or Progressive,  if that is what you are interested in.

Got ya.  Yeah, I wasn't sure if you heard his new song (well old now) the business 

Yes. Like how it's pretty mellow.  Reminds me of ZHU

I had a surprisingly shocked reaction when I saw Tiesto team up with the chainsmokers, I'm more of a hard head....

Mellow type beats also have the hard side, usually Deep House (what I dance to), hard bass, edm vibe, chill.

@ndv

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sonic 2 "sega" audio clip.

toe jam and earl soundfont for percussion.

street fighter 2 blanka electricity sound ripped from a sega emulator.

quadruple stacked gunstar heroes bass drum and bass.

fl studio 10 , im too lazy to mix down and master.

Edited by MOOGLE?
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

older audio rescore of The Diary of Tortov Roddle iirc 2015.

e-phonic invader vst.

sugarbytes obscurium.

fl studio 10 or 11.

kontakt and hang drum freebie iirc

dsk strings.

edirol orchestral.

anna brochin soundfont.

sampled thumb piano from my local art museum gift shop i was too broke to actually buy.

sampled pen hitting a vintage glass lamp.

cosmo v vst.

a few other dsk vsti.

fl piano . rhodes presets.

way too much delay.

made at 20bpm with fl studio's video player and this video on mute.

took about 20 days.

rabbit part was the most fun because i discovered automating bpm so it drops from 20 bpm to 10 bpm then back to 20 bpm after the scene.

Edited by MOOGLE?
  • Like 1

I was on the same boat as @nicklesndimes , business was getting frustrating,  so I freelance after that and just past the time making music and get small business here and there.

Good work guys 👍 I'm hoping we can get one or two more people in here to work on small projects for fun. Had in mind of sharing a few samples and have people make something out of it and go from there.

• Like 1

@T4M* im down for doing things with a few samples.

I've a few sites in mind like cyberworms rythmlab that he posts his own ripped hardware samples.

I already sometimes (mostly forget) join in on projects over on audiosex..

Also do song challenges with close friends where we give each other a theme , 3-4 random instruments , and genre with a one to two week time frame along with no song being less than 1 minute..this Ive been doing at least once a month for the last 9 years.

I was gonna get ahold of @ANALPUDDING but it looks like he deleted his Facebook sometime last week. I'd post his SoundCloud but it has his actual name and I can't for the life of me remember his newer one 

Edited by MOOGLE?
  • Props 1

• 5 weeks later...