jesus christ superstar, I mean Blizzard of Oz is the shit.

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: jesus christ superstar is the shit.

ILB,

it was released as a record a year before it was put on broadway, and 3 years before the film. either way, the entire thing is a rock opera with no dialogue, so the soundtrack is esentially the same regardless of version.

honestly, i dont know what it is about this thing, but i really fucking dig it. i listen to it all the time when im working on canvases and stuff. the lyrics, melodies, music...it's all so rad. plus, it puts judas in a starring role equal to jesus, which makes for an interesting view of the events.

that is all.

Re: jesus christ superstar is the shit.

theres a bunch of different versions, some are better quality than others. the good one is either the one taken from the movie itself, or the one with the brown cover, with the gold angels on it. i believe that one has ben vereen and the singer from deep purple on it.

Yes, I stayed out of this thread til the title change, and I must say I love bothe Blizzard and Diary, but Diary is the monumental piece of RR's writing.

I have learnt quite a few of RR's riffs on guitar, but some parts I still think are utterly mad and impossible. He was a god amongst men!!

"Crazy......but thats how it goes..."

rock opera? like queen? i have to say ive never seen the musical or heard the soundtrack. people tell me from time to time that i should but im always like "nah dude, i already saw miss siagon...i dont want to overdo it."

i really should go see another musical though....they are good from time to time.

jcs_lp.jpg

this is the one my mother had as i was growing up. i think it was the actual vinyl one. its one of the things she would blare on our 2 and a half foot speakers on the weekends to wake us up. god she was a cruel bitch. i swear to god she did it as a mental experiment on us. she tried to train me like a pavlovian dog when i breast fed as a baby. she would hum the same song every time right before she fed me to get me to drool or some shit. on the weekends, she would also blast shit like melissa ethridge, bonnie raitt, garth brooks, james ingram, and anita baker (the last one which i have only come to appreciate in recent years.). but really, any of that music so loud early in the morning is enough to drive anyone batty. she wonders about my insolence now...pfft!

i do not support jesus christ superstar! heeey and a hoooo and a go fuck yourself. i hate this shit.

(the go fuck yourself is directed at no one in particular, unless you count my mother and an untold amount of questionable choices shes made.)