wtf is up with music these days?

Rocky George

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
music is getting shittier because its focus is entertainment which obviously equals money. if you make a song that catches and every 17 year old can bump, you have won. all kids see in music is image and not actual meaning. if you play an instrument, find people that want to make music not copy image.

there needs to be another hippie revolution for any good music to hit main stream, instead of celebrity rap and 2 minute powerchord pop punk highschool bopper shit. seriously, if hendrix and those people didn't overdose, think of where music would be today.

whos down for mass distrobution of lsd?

i really think you have a point, seeing the generation where im from is fucking gay. i really think we need to not move forward, but backwards to a time where hip hop and such was non existant and pure music was being made. the shit right now is so meh it makes me sick. im only 17 but it saddens me that my musical taste is far more advanced then most people my age. i asked my friend what his faveorite rock song was and he replied "Son the party like a rock star joint is whats up....TOTTALY DUUDE." i ended the conversation and continued to take a hit of the ganja.

dipset is killing it, out here in the west we have thing going on called the "hyphy movement" man, fuck that hyphy shit straight trash. dipset all day everyday. when it come to hip hop that is.

You must be my evil twin from a paralel coast. Cause Dipset is straight up the worst garbage ever. I fucks with some of that hyphy shit though.

There's still good shit coming out. Ice Cube's album from last year was surprisingly good. The new Beastie Boys album sounds like some old JBs type shit, and the new White Stripes is rockin' like some old Zeppelin meets ZZ Top.

There's also probably a lot of shit from the last thirty or forty years that snuck by you that you might want to check out.

Archived