What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a motherfuckin...

GuerrillaWon

...writer. You better axe somebody.

I was just wondering what everyones working for, if anything, in life?

They tell you since you're young, to get into something you enjoy. Not so easy, but very very true.

I've recently come to the conclusion that I enjoy both writing, and traveling. I've been toiling away at breaking into the travel writing market which looks to be not that big a task if I'm willing to work and write for free, and for certain "publications" within that industry. I'm basically weeding out the most legitimate, start up, travel writing websites that I stand a shot at contributing too.

For example...

I know Bojangles wants to write, and has been kicking some ass in that area. And I commend him for that, for just getting out there and doing it. I think a major balance when it comes to anything like this, is thinking about what you want, and then being able to switch over the the just fucking do it mentality. Bojangles has gotten busy in that very respectful respect. Not easy to do when you're the only one cracking the whip on yourself. Which is why I think he stands a fair shot at making something of himself in the writing world.

I think ABC is all about tattoos and is working to become an established and respected tattoo artist in a nutshell, and is well on his way.

I'd like to know what, if anything anyones really working for. And on top of that, if so and if not, what's holding you back?

So I'd like to write. I'm currently trying to get into unpaid travel writing positions for experience. Give myself some legitimacy doing what I like. And the things that are holding me back right now is my lack of self discipline, which I'm starting to realize is such a soft, disgusting, juvenile reason not to get busy. So now in my free time, I basically "clock in" to my second secret job whenever I have a second. I'm just getting the whole treat it like an actual job thing down at the moment. Just getting fed up of not really being where I want to be.

Feel free to contribute, ridicule, post totally unrelated pictures, just make it quality.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

an mtv made coach.

Great.

a vietnamese prostitute

Red bourgeoisie or neo-high-society?

master fabricator.

Nice. I've always been a bit interested in this as well. I know a few people who have their foot in the industry, and I'm secretly a little jealous of them.

You doing anything in regards to this?

This is for the Gz, and this is for the Hustlas

This is for the hustlas, now back to the Gz

This is for the Gz, and this is for the Hustlas

This is for the hustlas now back to the Gz

Freeze, at ease, now let me drop some more of them keys

It's 19-9-tre so let me just play

it's Snoop Dogg, I'm on the mic, I'm back with Dr. Dre

But this time I'ma hit yo' ass with a touch

To leave motherfuckers in a daze, fucked up

So sit back relax new jacks get smacked

It's Snoop Doggy Dogg I'm at the top of the stack

I don't lack for a second, and I'm still checkin

The dopest motherfucker that ya hearin on the record

it's me, ya see, S-N-double-O-P

D-O-double-G-Y, the D-O-double-G

I'm fly as a falcon, soarin through the sky

And I'm high till I dizzie, rizzide

So check it, I get busy, I make your head dizzy

I blow up your mouth like I was Dizzy Gillespie

I'm crazy, you can't phase me

I'm the S oh yes, I'm fresh, I don't fuck with the stress

I'm all about the chronic, bionic ya see

Every single day, chillin with the D-O-double-G's

P-O-U-N-D that's my clique, my crew

Ya fuck with us, we gots to fuck you up

I thought ya knew, but yet and still

Ya wanna get real, now it's time to peel, ya say chill

and feel, the motherfuckin realism

Snoop Doggy Dogg is on the mic i'm hittin hard as steel nigga

Great.

Nice. I've always been a bit interested in this as well. I know a few people who have their foot in the industry, and I'm secretly a little jealous of them.

You doing anything in regards to this?

so far i take auto body in school after that i wanna take metal work so i could learn how to manipulate it and shit.

I was actually thinking of also getting into the food and beverage industry.

I was thinking of making and marketing a soda. A grape soda, with the picture of either Rick James or a pimp on the label, and if I can't decide a picture of Rick James as a pimp.

I will call it... James' Grape.