Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

NEXT CHALLENGE

This one is a bit more risk-ay. I've been meaning to do a painting like this for a while now, but I held off. Its been tough to wrap my mind around it but one of Bojangles' paintings inspired me

the theme is:

Vagina

thats it!

The objective is to paint some sort of interpretation of a vagina. It can be a distorted real image, it can be an emotional interpretation of a vagina (tight = minimalist painting of some kind) WHATEVER. As long as it can be looked at and we can say "Yep I can see why this person would use this as a representation of a 'Vagina' theme"

I may personally do a painting in a way that doesn't look like a vagina at first, but once the viewer is told that that was the theme, then they won't be able to see anything but a vagina

here are some reference photos for yall.

***********WARNING: NSFW**************

05.jpg

005.jpg

09.jpg

12.jpg

Dont know what the deadline would be. These things can take time to think up....

Good luck to all

NEXT CHALLENGE

This one is a bit more risk-ay. I've been meaning to do a painting like this for a while now, but I held off. Its been tough to wrap my mind around it but one of Bojangles' paintings inspired me

the theme is:

Vagina

thats it!

The objective is to paint some sort of interpretation of a vagina. It can be a distorted real image, it can be an emotional interpretation of a vagina (tight = minimalist painting of some kind) WHATEVER. As long as it can be looked at and we can say "Yep I can see why this person would use this as a representation of a 'Vagina' theme"

I may personally do a painting in a way that doesn't look like a vagina at first, but once the viewer is told that that was the theme, then they won't be able to see anything but a vagina

here are some reference photos for yall.

***********WARNING: NSFW**************

05.jpg

005.jpg

09.jpg

12.jpg

Dont know what the deadline would be. These things can take time to think up....

Good luck to all

bump for new page

Mostly spray paint, then some brushes and paint pens.

I also found out trying to brush paint over rusto or anything glossy is tough.

The flatter texture paint by montana and molotov works much better.

I'm glad I stepped out of the comfort zone and tried abstracts.

These first couple might not be that good but after a few more I'll get better.

I'm about to start working on a vagina soon, after that I'll paint another abstract.

^^seconded...

i've been working for a while on making gloss rusto work for me underneath brushwork, but i know exactly what you're talking about. i'm pretty sure that has to do with the actual textural difference between how glossier or flatter paint dries and bonds together. interesting phenomenon though.