post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i went to Mikuni in Davis, CA last night.

The hamachi sashi I ordered was all hardish and sush, gross.

Other rolls were bangin though.

Bump chilean sea bass.

And Petrole sole, if ya aint never had it.

And those little "lumpia" egg roll things. Ate fresh fried one this morning. Bangin'

so like i said last night i had some good ass tuna so i grilled it up. while sippin on some mojitos /nh

P1050865.jpg

the tuna i fucked up on it a little i'm still learnin the grill we just got. mine came out ok little over rare but the rest were medium or more. bleh. over all though it was really good

P1050866.jpg

today i went to the pike place market and got some fresh U10 diver scallops and some wild caught U15 gulf shrimp. grilled em up made a compound butter with parsley lemon zest garlic s&p. for the scallops i made a very simple lemon and herb vinaigrette, and i also tryed to make corn cakes turned out pretty good but i need to tweak it a bit to really get em right.

P1050869.jpg

i went to Mikuni in Davis, CA last night.

wait.....are you sure it was mikunis?

there are two mikunis in sac....but i dont think there is a mikunis in davis.

davis has fujis, sushi nobu and a couple other hole in the wall places.

even though i had a friend that used to work at kru, ive never been there....nishiki on 16th street in downtown sac is pretty good though.:)

hey itsallafarce, was it you who posted that bacon wrapped stuffed pork loin? I did a search but can't find the post/recipe/pics. I wanna try it out this weekend.

props in advance!

-Marco

I posted one too:

Take a larger loin 2-4 lbs., and cut it flat - at least half inch thick, so it can be rolled up like a ho-ho.

2897896894_0e1bfa0075.jpg

^^^^^^

I season the inside with various spices... choose your own taste.

I then topped it with gouda - but again, choose your own cheese.

2897899926_1d9217c4cf.jpg

^^^^^

Stuff it with veggies, or chorizo, or whatever the heck you want - I used stuffing.

2897059987_6a07708b48.jpg

^^^^^^

Roll it up, season the outside too (optional)

wrap in thick arse bacon,

then tie it up with butcher string.

I then stuffed the ends with stuffing to prevent the cheese from leaking out. Even if you do not fill it with stuffing, it is a good idea to cap the end to prevent the innards from seeping out.

I put mine in a tinfoil pan to preserve the juices and prevent the bacon from burning - but you can also just wrap the whole thing in tinfoil.

Cook for about 45 mins on each side depending on weight (top, flip and do bottom) - google it, or read package - I did this last year - so I am a bit hazy on this, but i think it is 40mins per pound

2897063637_d9672872c3.jpg

Eat up, fatty!

Mitch also sent me this for the one he made:

"I kept it pretty easy. Basically get yourself a giant loin. I got mine from this meat packing place on Lake Street (i think you said you used to live here so you might know what i'm talking about). It needs to be boneless. Then you want to cut it so you can make it flat- like a piece of paper. I added fresh rosemary, thyme, garlic cloves, carmelized onions, spinach, salt, pepper, and chili powder to the insider. rolled that fucker up, and put strips of bacon around the entire thing. tied it up with butchers twine.

the hardest part was cooking it. i wanted to use charcoal. i also wanted to add some applewood chips i had that i hadn't been able to use. you have to cook the pork indirectly - so if you look in that first pic i have a giant foil barrier between the coals. in otherwords - i have all the coals seperated - one pile on one side, one on the other. and about 12 inches of space between them. that is where the pork would sit. because of the bacon it just drips into the foil pain which keeps grease fires from happening. i cooked/smoked it for about an hour and fifteen minutes. temp was 150 in the middle.

hope that helps. sorry so long..take pics if you do it!"

no, it's that brown tofu skin pocket stuffed with sushi rice. i think you're talking about mochi.

I was trying to describe that and didn't realize it was tofu skin. It was really sweet too. We did have red bean mochi too. I'm like ice cream mochi better though.

Archived