post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

1sod8o.jpg

Whipped up some chili paste in the food processor I got for Christmas (thanks, Mom!)

Consisted of a few cloves of garlic, a bit of ginger, about two shallots, and a bunch of Thai chilis with a touch of tumeric.

2ryiwy0.jpg

Teh chicken. I'm starting to like buying them whole - you don't pay extra for it cut-up. Not difficult to do.

2e4dagp.jpg

Cut-up chicken. Leg quarters on the cutting board, wings and breasts go to the freezer for another day. As for the neck, backbone, and giblets...

dqqjhx.jpg

...for some chicken stock! Simmered with some ginger, green onions, and a touch of salt.

x2lxfa.jpg

Rubbed the leg quarters with some salt, lemon juice, and a bit of the chili paste. In the fridge for some marinating.

While I waited, I ate a peanut butter sandwich, drank some coffee, and played a bit of Modern Warfare 2 (it was amateur hour with all the Christmas n00bs, so I got sick of it).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cont'd:

2zimybd.jpg

Did the dishes, too. Clean kitchen and workplace makes for a happy cook. I can't stand when shit gets piled in the sink (i.e. roommate).

3325t11.jpg

Chicken out of fridge, on to baking sheet, and into the oven for a bit to let that shit cook in.

Intermission:

After removing the chicken from the oven to cool down, I checked on the broth. It was far too light, so I added some bones I had in the freezer. While doing so, I also put a large skillet on the stove - when I went to turn up the heat on the chicken stock to high, I turned the knob for the skillet and not the stock pot. I put in some oil into the skillet, turned around to look for the lid (in the dishwasher by itself - roommate), which I found and washed quick, then turned around and the oil was smoking. Like an idiot, I placed the STILL wet lid on the skillet and all hell broke loose. After a brief clean up, work was resumed:

8w9hcg.jpg

Stir-fried some chili paste, added coconut milk and some tamarind nectar, and the chicken.

2j0f9g4.jpg

Close-up.

2llok8g.jpg

After simmering for a bit. Looking good.

Mr. Lauren with the good food and sick attachment.. Combo FTW..

Stupid question time: I need to cook for two ladies, one with super simple taste so I'm gonna do a baked Mac 'n Cheese.. What would go good with that? Either a side or a main is fine by me as long as it's simple.. I'm really bad pairing things up for some reason.

Props will be given for the help.

Mr. Lauren with the good food and sick attachment.. Combo FTW..

Stupid question time: I need to cook for two ladies, one with super simple taste so I'm gonna do a baked Mac 'n Cheese.. What would go good with that? Either a side or a main is fine by me as long as it's simple.. I'm really bad pairing things up for some reason.

Props will be given for the help.

hot dogs!!! naw just playin. go with some chicken breast.

dont do chx parm, red sauce n all the diff cheeses u will use for yr baked mac will clash. the fried chicken sounds good, throw down some homade biscuits or cornbread and greens... i would date u 4 a meal like that. also, always keep dessert chocolate with females, i admit pie would fit the meal/genre better but if your tryin 2 do the threesome panny drop go chocolate.

no food to post at the moment. however some of yall know that i've been unemployed for quite sometime now. tomorrow i have two interviews one is at here http://www.35bistro.com/ and the other is here http://www.therainierclub.com/ guess it's a good thing i went and bought a suit today. I didn't even expect a call back from the rainier club but i just got off the phone with the chef. im fucking STOKED! i'm gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight i can already tell.

Archived