post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pan fried cod filet w/ roasted root vegetables, tomato fish fumet

what you'll need

1.5#'s cod filet as close to the same size

1 tsp of dry basil,oregano,parsley,marjoram

1 cup flour

salt and pepper to taste

combine seasoning with flour and reserve take saute pan and fill with a good amount of canola/vegetable oil heat on med.high

take cod filets and lightly coat them in the flour shaking off any excess before placing

in the pan sear on one side for 3-4 minutes flip then transfer to 375 degree oven to finish off (about 10 minutes)

for roasted vegetables

3 good sized turnips peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes

1 good sized bulb of fennel cored quartered and sliced 1/4" strips

8 cherry tomatoes quartered

2sprigs of thyme chopped

2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped

in a saute pan heat olive oil (tbsp) over med. high then add the fennel and the turnips.

saute till they start to turn brown then transfer to a pre heated sheet pan in a 375 oven until nice and carmalized

then in the original pan re heated add the tomatoes and saute briefly adding the turnips and fennel to that.

now season with salt and pepper and add the herbs and toss till evenly distributed

fish fumet

2fish heads

4oz scrap fish meat

.5 onion rough chop

stalk of celery rough chop

1 carrot rough chop

2bay leaves

3-4 basil stems

1 fennel stalk rough chop

1 sprig thyme

3-4 parsley stems

7-8 whole black peppercorns

1 tsp crushed red pepper

2 8oz cans of tomato sauce

32oz water

in a good sized sauce pan add all ingredients bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.

let simmer for 35-45 minutes then strain the liquid and reserve. (this makes a great base for fisher mans stew too)

garnish with fennel frawns and basil strips

P1060754.jpg

pan fried cod filet w/ roasted root vegetables, tomato fish fumet

what you'll need

1.5#'s cod filet as close to the same size

1 tsp of dry basil,oregano,parsley,marjoram

1 cup flour

salt and pepper to taste

combine seasoning with flour and reserve take saute pan and fill with a good amount of canola/vegetable oil heat on med.high

take cod filets and lightly coat them in the flour shaking off any excess before placing

in the pan sear on one side for 3-4 minutes flip then transfer to 375 degree oven to finish off (about 10 minutes)

for roasted vegetables

3 good sized turnips peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes

1 good sized bulb of fennel cored quartered and sliced 1/4" strips

8 cherry tomatoes quartered

2sprigs of thyme chopped

2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped

in a saute pan heat olive oil (tbsp) over med. high then add the fennel and the turnips.

saute till they start to turn brown then transfer to a pre heated sheet pan in a 375 oven until nice and carmalized

then in the original pan re heated add the tomatoes and saute briefly adding the turnips and fennel to that.

now season with salt and pepper and add the herbs and toss till evenly distributed

fish fumet

2fish heads

4oz scrap fish meat

.5 onion rough chop

stalk of celery rough chop

1 carrot rough chop

2bay leaves

3-4 basil stems

1 fennel stalk rough chop

1 sprig thyme

3-4 parsley stems

7-8 whole black peppercorns

1 tsp crushed red pepper

2 8oz cans of tomato sauce

32oz water

in a good sized sauce pan add all ingredients bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.

let simmer for 35-45 minutes then strain the liquid and reserve. (this makes a great base for fisher mans stew too)

garnish with fennel frawns and basil strips

P1060754.jpg

bump this for those that want to try it

so ive decided to become a vegetarian. not the hippie kind. but just the kind of how im sick of eating meat that just slows me down. worry about bad or good meat n stuff. and im just bored of the flavor. ive always eaten a lot non meat. so might as well make a choice to become healthier. although i will still eat seafood. mmm... and also if some fancy meat (pause) is thrown my way i will probably eat it. anddd im working on cutting out dairy. this will be a long process but i see myself accomplishing it.

peace out meat.

/ramble jamble

Ralph, ISHKABIBBLES was the shit!

Also, in that sushi plate, is that sea sturgeon?

Shit is nasty!

ISHKABIBBLES has a dope chicken cheese steak and they do some other things well also...

but their cheese steak is PAR at best...

next time u come thru philly, hit me up n ill sho u the ropes...

SEA URCHIN.

this crazy jap talked me in2 it...

its an acquired taste...

red-sea-urchin.jpg

sea-urchin-raw-uni.jpg

l.jpg

Very impressive Ralphs, that short rib looks great. Not sure if I would enjoy the texture of the urchins? Probably try them soon....reluctantly.

I have been eating stuff like this nightly before 9 pm instead of eating anything at anytime.

p1020256.jpg

Feels like a healthy choice.

Dmato, u in Philly. ? I kno some great Mexican places.

TELL ME NOW.

One thing I don't get though

burrito in SF is like 4-5 for regular

but out here? shit starts at like 7 or 8, and I'd understand if there was a shortage of Mexicans, but they seem to be all over, at least in south philly

riddle me that, rl

that's actually one thing i haven't tried but have wanted to. so many people say good things about it. it was like foie gras. i always heard of the deliciousness that is foie but never had a chance to actually eat it. until one day in class we were doing french cuisine and i got to de-vein and cook the foie. i served it on toasted brioche with a red onion gastrique. blew me away that shit is awsome. although some people in my class are pussies and didn't try it because of how they produce foie or they just didn't want to eat duck liver. my chef and i got down on that shit though. eat everything.

TELL ME NOW.

One thing I don't get though

burrito in SF is like 4-5 for regular

but out here? shit starts at like 7 or 8, and I'd understand if there was a shortage of Mexicans, but they seem to be all over, at least in south philly

riddle me that, rl

i can't understand a SF burrito being cheaper then philly... although it is true, i been 2 SF a couple times and there burritto game is superior, that i am willing to admit, having said that, they have more mexicans there then philly and they have had a larger mexican population for a longer period of time, hence the evolution of their burrito game...

MY FAV MEXICAN SPOTS IN ORDER...

taco riendo

1301 n 5th st.

rite off 5th n girard at thompson...

el azteca

714 chestnut.

taco loco

this is the truck that sits on the south side of washington ave. between 4th and 5th...

Archived