time to grow up..

Duck Butter

lately ive been thinking a lot about growing up and things along those lines, and i came to realize that i need to get my life together. i need to stop partying everynight drinking everyday and get a real job. im turning 21 in about 2 and a half weeks (yes i know thats still very young), but you know maybe i need to take into consideration the advice that my family has been giving me since i turned 18. so now im going to head off into the real world and make something of myself.

so long late nights, budlight everyday, 12oz, knightbats, teamhandsome, deto, sooki, spyd, dumy, and all the other 12oz homies. nice chatting with you guys. ill hit you all up on myspace and keep in touch.

duck butter signing out

aloha 12oz, till we meet again

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

People that say this kind of stuff at the age of 21 annoy me. "Oh man, I'm so old, I have to get my life together, wah wah". You're 21! If you're still living at home with your parents, repping e-crews, and genuinely contributing nothing to society when you're 30, then sure, I can see having some kind of epiphany. But you are in the prime fun-having-time of your life. Enjoy it, because I guarantee you'll wish you did if you don't. It's like all the people I know that went to University straight out of high school. Sure, you're an engineer now, but you wasted your entire youth. I on the other hand have travelled the world, lived in 3 different cities, and pretty much had a blast, and still have plenty of time to worry about school, careers, family, mortgages, etc etc.

I never understood those 30 year old dudes you see in college. Now I totally do. Fuck what everyone else says, 21 is the beginning, not the end, of your life.

Wow this turned in to far more of a gay motivational speech than I envisioned.

People that say this kind of stuff at the age of 21 annoy me. "Oh man, I'm so old, I have to get my life together, wah wah". You're 21! If you're still living at home with your parents, repping e-crews, and genuinely contributing nothing to society when you're 30, then sure, I can see having some kind of epiphany. But you are in the prime fun-having-time of your life. Enjoy it, because I guarantee you'll wish you did if you don't. It's like all the people I know that went to University straight out of high school. Sure, you're an engineer now, but you wasted your entire youth. I on the other hand have travelled the world, lived in 3 different cities, and pretty much had a blast, and still have plenty of time to worry about school, careers, family, mortgages, etc etc.

I never understood those 30 year old dudes you see in college. Now I totally do. Fuck what everyone else says, 21 is the beginning, not the end, of your life.

don't neccessarily agree here. everyone pretty much hits their quarter-life crisis, and starts re-evaluating their place in life -- some hit it earlier/later than others. i figure the earlier, the better. why wait till you're 30. who said you can't party and be productive at the same time you're taking care of business? i'd rather be 21 and independent making good money, with my priorities straight, than 21 and living with mom making sandwiches at quiznos and hanging out with heroin junkies. just saying.

i'd rather be 21 and independent making good money, with my priorities straight, than 21 and living with mom making sandwiches at quiznos and hanging out with heroin junkies. just saying.

I'd take the second option, because A) At 21, it's still more acceptable than 30 and B ) Chillin with those junkies would probably give me some of the best stories to tell in 10 years,

That's just me, though.

usually people i've known that just wake up one day at such a young age and decides that it's that time to grow up and get a real job and family and house in the suburbs usually end up crashing within a few years from the pressure and end up divorced, jobless, addicted to drugs and living with their parents again. i figure if you're going to "grow up" it'll happen over time naturally. not on a whim.

but best of luck homie!

COSIGNED!

motherfucken co-sign on that bitch except for the gay part

don't neccessarily agree here. everyone pretty much hits their quarter-life crisis, and starts re-evaluating their place in life -- some hit it earlier/later than others. i figure the earlier, the better. why wait till you're 30. who said you can't party and be productive at the same time you're taking care of business? i'd rather be 21 and independent making good money, with my priorities straight, than 21 and living with mom making sandwiches at quiznos and hanging out with heroin junkies. just saying.
Well I could have taken either path. I mostly agree with what Theo has to say, as even when you get your education late, they are still gonna employ the young jackass with a simillar education over you because they are still easily manipulated, and more than likely, expect to be paid less than an older person with the same qualification would.

And who says that when you are young at school (uni) you can't party? I mean, since I have gone back to school in my mid 20s, I have had so much more fun than I did when I was younger at school. I think it is because I am more confident in myself, and I know I have life experience over 80% of the people in my classes, which is not what I was like before. However I partied hard when I was younger too, the difference is only in how females percieve you (as I look young for my age) as now I look like I actually belong in uni.

I guess this is an arguement iwth positives on both sides, and most people are going to believe the path they chose was right/wrong depending on their current mindset.

And happy birthday skull and bones!!!