~THE DOCUMENTARY SUPERTHREAD~

shitting

• 1 year later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

f7271c5681d129c7-2046x1024.png.3d7c16d1f32f7b22e57573742e1d7122.png

1. The Defiant Ones (HBO)

HBO’s The Defiant Ones, a four-part documentary series, reaches soaring heights by getting vulnerable. Director Allen Hughes locates the necessary trust from the two towering men, masterfully finding their humanity. The intertwined stories of Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine are the tales of Beats headphones’ billions, unaddressed heartache, and big risks. Their stories are about everyone else, too, including the rock stars who show up to tell this story. You learn about Trent Reznor’s contract issues, Tupac’s moral dichotomy, Bono’s regrets, and the rise of Eminem. That’s just the beginning. —Kahron Spearman

Navy SEALs: BUDS Class 234

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0426761/

A Six Hour Series for The Discovery Channel that follows 80 candidates of Class 234 and their efforts to become US NAVY SEALS. You WILL feel the pain after watching the physical and mental challenges these candidates are faced with.

Available free if you Google it. This ones a classic and frequently referenced. You’ll notice clips from it used in movies once you watch it. Think they have all 6 parts on YouTube.

A30FB55B-9D32-452D-A4BF-DF5F87D87568.jpeg.73593d6aa3f8a1646a801f236d15b65a.jpeg

Edited by Guest

The Selection (TV Series)

Not really a documentary but unscripted reality TV series that I really thought was pretty good.

https://www.history.com/shows/the-selection-special-operations-experiment/about

HISTORY® places 30 men and women with no military background through the most intense physical and mental challenge of their lives in the new series “The Selection: Special Operations Experiment” from executive producer, Peter Berg (Lone Survivor) and his unscripted shingle Film 45 and Bunim/Murray Productions. Trained and led by veterans of the Navy SEALs, Green Berets and Army Rangers, these instructors drive those who are willing to push themselves to the limits of the human body and mind. The eight episode experiment series premieres Thursday, December 15 at 10PM ET/PT on HISTORY.

DCE39B13-FB63-486C-BFF6-9BE41CA56DAF.jpeg.64546a3a06a64c4d4daeb61a65cf968b.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Im doing a TV series called The Rise of Graffiti Writing, you can stream the first two seasons for free world wide here:

Season 1:

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/RC-016967/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing-from-new-york-to-europe/RC-015348/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing/

Season 2:

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/RC-016967/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing-from-new-york-to-europe/RC-016963/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing/

It features many of the old New York and European kings we all know, check it out and spread the word. Thanks!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Europe said:

Im doing a TV series called The Rise of Graffiti Writing, you can stream the first two seasons for free world wide here:

Season 1:

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/RC-016967/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing-from-new-york-to-europe/RC-015348/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing/

Season 2:

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/RC-016967/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing-from-new-york-to-europe/RC-016963/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing/

It features many of the old New York and European kings we all know, check it out and spread the word. Thanks!

is this a one time thing...or are you gonna do a series

edit: I meant like, are you gonna interview artists at their spot....cuz los angeles and Miami got good writers

Edited by glorydays
  • Truth 1

Just now, Europe said:

we did two seasons so far, so I would say its ongoing. we are focusing on how graffiti spread from the New York scene to the rest of the world, and we are well aware of the scenes all over the world.

that's fucking cool....if ever you guys are in LA, i'd like to do some behind the scenes photos

I usually do skate photos downtown LA

• Like 1

image.png.d069ef648f1dce47b2dc459012588775.png

This kind of sucked.  Seems like a few years ago Vice would be the type to be on the side of the occupy movement and such but here comes the untold story of the financial crisis in which they make people out to be heroes for 'saving' the country.  Seems like they assembled a bunch of fat cats to reminisce while glossing over the shit tons of Americans who were cheated and/or lost everything. 

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

image.png.d069ef648f1dce47b2dc459012588775.png

This kind of sucked.  Seems like a few years ago Vice would be the type to be on the side of the occupy movement and such but here comes the untold story of the financial crisis in which they make people out to be heroes for 'saving' the country.  Seems like they assembled a bunch of fat cats to reminisce while glossing over the shit tons of Americans who were cheated and/or lost everything. 

Vice used to be so good. Shame to see them be a shell of their former selves.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably way behind the 8 ball on these but watched both of these on a plane  recently:

Man from Mo'wax was pretty cool
I liked snippets of footage of the wild bunch, Goldie, and a lot of that 90's nostalgia around the UNKLE album ( which I still have a CD of) plus futura etc.

in the 90's I never realised he wasn't musician so it was interesting to to see that he basically was an A+R man trying to be a superstar

man-from-mowax-cover.jpg.f2e0e796036ecf990a98c4ff7e3e1a7d.jpg

this oine I had no idea about.

I really knew nothing about him barring the name from the source mag.

Didn't know he did so many things.

Seems like a nice guy - by the end of this my kid woke up so I was a bit distracted.

634953081_bobbitogarciaakakoolbobloveoffersalookthroughbasketballhip-hopsneakerscenesetcwiththirddocumentarymovierockrubber45s-kickstarter01.thumb.png.da5cbb3c56eaae71ae4f50de03efd82b.png