~THE DOCUMENTARY SUPERTHREAD~

shitting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

about halfway through dude is watching a movie he made, where he claimed the beatings were real cause he hired actors that wanted to pay their debt off to him by getting their faces smashed in.

anyone know the name of that movie?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

anderson-silva.jpg?w=450&h=565

Anderson Silva Like Water

I was lucky enough to be able to watch this film on a preview disc distributed to DVD/video stores across my country. I am a long term fan of UFC and have been watching the UFC events since the beginning, starting with the small amount of rules, being an underground brutal competition of warrior vs warrior without weight divisions and regulations featuring fighters such as Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Marc Coleman etc. However little did i ever think about the actual person fighting in front of me.

What this Documentary offers is a first hand account and journey into the life of champion fighter Anderson Silva.

The Documentary starts at the time of the controversial UFC 112 fight between Anderson Silva and Demian Maia and follows the fall out that followed with what some people considered a disappointing performance and the leading up to the next title defense event at UFC 117 against Chael Sonnen.

It goes beyond the octogon and delves into the complex life of a world champion fighter looking to redeem himself in the eyes of the public and his employer and the family man behind the fighter. Giving a good insight into the comradarie within the fighting community especially within specific fighting camps/gyms.

Overall A very good film Next time i watch a Anderson Silva fight i'll have a different mindframe.

• 2 weeks later...

catfish-movie-photo.jpg

im sure this has been posted in here but, watched this the other night. though rather quickly i figured out what the deal was it was still great. has a nice bonus interview on the website after you watch the movie that for sure should have been included into the documentary itself...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone remembers the documentary about the Russian mobsters, "the thieves by law", then here's another one that is about the one who was making a TV show about himself and his gang. Clips and full episodes of the show itself in the recommendations to the right, named "Спец".

• 3 weeks later...