on a scale of shitty to shitty, what ranks higher....job hunting or house hunting?

boogie hands

im sitting here trying to find a house and its kind of turning into a pain in the ass. its also reminding me of job hunting as i have a feeling im going to be doing a lot of work and wasting a lot of time trying to find that one place thats perfect. i should probably just buy a house so i can live in a place thats exactly the way i want it but a mortgage isnt really in the cards right now.

motherfucker....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: on a scale of shitty to shitty, what ranks higher....job hunting or house hunting

house hunting is pretty shitty. because once you find it you have to pack up all your shit, move it, and then unpack it. and that is the worst part.

you dont have to do all that for a job, usually. but job hunting also sucks.

Re: on a scale of shitty to shitty, what ranks higher....job hunting or house hunting

House hunting is the worst.

when you turn up to a flat that is advertised at X amount and you get theren and the agents are doing the silent auction type thing where you write what you are prepared to pay above X amount to get the flat it's really fucking depressing.

thats a tuff call...

id say house hunting would be the lesser of two evils htough, because i hate looking for jobs period, but house hunting is fun-er. but i know it can be frusterating when it doesnt work out though...

job hunting sucks, unless you have valued qualifications you feel like totally worthless and replaceable.

house hunting sucks, it is stressful, lots of work, packing and shit. but when you find a nice place, move in and settle it feels so good... there is a nugget of goodness in amongst all that shit.

job hunting you gotta put your self on the line.. house hunting you just sit back and let your agent do all the work.. you dont have to dress up or act proper .. job hunting sucks way more.. its like going to court

i should probably just buy a house so i can live in a place thats exactly the way i want it

If and when it ever comes to that just make sure that it's not in one of those neighborhoods that has neighborhood organizations or block captains and shit. Even though you have a deed that says that you "own" your house they can fine you and even put a lean on your house if you don't follow their rules. IE getting permition as to what color you can paint your house, whether or not you can build any kind of ad-ons to your property, they'll even fine you for parking your car in the same spot in your driveway for too long. I'm serious, I know a couple people that lives in neighborhoods like this. It's like living in an appartment complex and having to deal with management... only you spent all this money for a deed that says you "own" the property. Only when it comes down to it you really don't.

If and when it ever comes to that just make sure that it's not in one of those neighborhoods that has neighborhood organizations....only you spent all this money for a deed that says you "own" the property. Only when it comes down to it you really don't.

yeah, thats some silly shit. i dont really ever see myself rolling in a neighborhood like that though. those are usually the ones with the stiff, "choose from 1 of 4 models!" type homes and no trees. pffftt...you can keep that shit and regulate it however you want. I'm more into homes built a few decades ago. They tend to be better as a package and are 1000 times cooler than anything else if you take the time to give them some love.

job hunting sucks. house hunting right now is ok cuuz its a buyers market. there is a many people selling homes at a loss right now. plus depending on age,income and first buyer of a home status there is some ok gov help out there. i stumbled upon a web site that has thousand of home at a lower than appraised(sp) price due the the houseing sales fail. but i forget what its called

Everybody in my building got eviction notices this morning.

To be vacated in one week.

They must be joking.

Trying to tell us we didn't pay our $20 water bill.

What a bunch of bullshit.

They got me fucked up, son.

I keep trying to quit my job.

But then I keep finding myself back here.

Working.

And being all like,

"WTF doodz, working be for straight chumps, son. I needs to get on some afternoon couch napping and end all this pitchforking shit."

Or something to that effect.

For more than a few years now, I haven't had to look for either a job nor a place to live.

I let shit fall into my lap.

Or leave it up to other people to do the legwork.

I am lazy.