Ireland is pretty cool

ubejinxed

Guest R@ndomH3ro
only americans compliment each other and blow smoke up each other's ass. if you hang out with irish, english, or australians then be prepared for the storm of shit talk you'll hear. it's completely normals to take the piss out of your friends constantly

you dont hang out in the south...where we talk shit to all are friends.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a few lads came over from the states (two were from the south) when i was living in dublin. we were all hanging out the first day and me and the rest of the boys were doing the usual, dissing the fuck outta each other, and the american guys were dead silent. they told us later that they were confused at what was going on and thought we all hated each other. it wasn't until later that night when we were buying each other drinks that they understood how it is

Guest R@ndomH3ro
a few lads came over from the states (two were from the south) when i was living in dublin. we were all hanging out the first day and me and the rest of the boys were doing the usual, dissing the fuck outta each other, and the american guys were dead silent. they told us later that they were confused at what was going on and thought we all hated each other. it wasn't until later that night when we were buying each other drinks that they understood how it is

These guys must have been part of the control group....

all my life I have had friends, we did exactly what you said...rip on each other, talk about each others Mom's...play pranks..shit like that...

In fact, its pretty much a given that if you know me, prepare to get ripped on bad. In fact the more I rip on you the more I like you as a friend.

Maybe its just me and the way I was brought up, cause I have found that in some places....people get insulted, and I tell them its just my way and not to get butthurt.

So you might be right ABC.

I want to go back to Ireland since the first time I stayed smack in the middle of Temple Bar, got no sleep for 3 days, paid excessive amounts of money to get drunk, lived off nothing but AbraKebabra and didn't even venture in to the countryside.

your average weekend in dublin so!

ah irish girls have no fashion style they just either are on Abercrombie/holester etc or else they are tryin to be unique and dress the same as the next girl that walks past.

Honestly Irish girls are just lacking in talent overall. Things looked a little better in Dublin though when I went up there.

only americans compliment each other and blow smoke up each other's ass. if you hang out with irish, english, or australians then be prepared for the storm of shit talk you'll hear. it's completely normals to take the piss out of your friends constantly

Yeah, but friends is different. When you approach someone who might be from another country, there's usually some sort of quick formal introduction rite before you're being completely familiar with the other person. The irish peeps were just straight business and cracking jokes. In eastern european countries people seem initially more distant but ease up quickly, where in americans would probably start conversation immediately but with really formal subjects and keep it like that for hours.

I'd expect to meet very straightforward ppl in those english speaking countries you mentioned.

you dont hang out in the south...where we talk shit to all are friends.

seconded

and awesome pictures, btw. sounds like a blast, id love to get all sloppy drunk with some irish folk even if it meant looking like an ass haha

• 3 weeks later...

Good laugh readin through this thread. Im a Dublinler, Northsidah, moved to america a few years back, now im home again. I laughed the most about you lads talkin about how we all have a go and take the piss constantly over here, but when i lived in america alot of lads were the same way at least in the northeast. The south alittle bit less but still lot of good "shit talking." Nothin amuses me more sometimes than hearing americans talk about Ireland, man in america i would usually get angry about peoples ignorance but soon realized it wasnt on purpose alot of people just had no clue over there. Couldnt help but laugh when id convince people that not only do leprechauns exist, but theyre actually british loyalists paramillitary in disguise and are the ones causing all the problems in northern ireland. Jesus Fuckin Christ good craic that used to be.

Archived