Ireland is pretty cool

ubejinxed

so i just got back from ireland with a new addiction to bulmers cider..

yummmmerzzzzzzzzzzzz

yeah it rained a lot but it was grand.. irish people are super friendly and there are a lot of sheep in the countryside, saw some ruins, a building from the 6th century. i am not a fan of irish fashion but the pubs made up for it..

anyways some pics:

DSC03617.jpg

DSC03636.jpg

look there's moss on the roof!! damn a lot of rain

DSC03658.jpg

DSC03673.jpg

DSC03672.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i went to visit my moms, who's living over there for a year or so. she has a place on bachelor's walk right near the ha'penny bridge.. it's pretty sweet.

it's wasn't that cold actually just wet and windy. the morning would start off sunny then would rain in the afternoon.

we rented a car.. that was an experience.. the other side of the road on very small roads with no shoulder.. i thought every car wanted to play chicken, i bout has a heart attack

i went to visit my moms, who's living over there for a year or so. she has a place on bachelor's walk right near the ha'penny bridge.. it's pretty sweet.

yeah, bachelor's walk is a good spot indeed. there used to be a pretty good irish tv show called bachelor's walk, i wonder if she's living in the house they used for the show. you should ask her

are those river/bridge pics from Cork?

I was there years ago, lost my wallet somewhere and wasn't able to go look for it the the day after next day.

So 2 days later I went through all bars I remembered being at, asking for the wallet, and go it back after like 3 places.

They were like "Oh crap... ok what does it look like.. here you go. Dammit". Still had all the money in it too

The pub was called Un Grog or something.

Ireland is a great place, people are nice.

I heard some old comedian use this routine:

I like to have a drink now and again, and again. In fact I'm a pretty heavy drinker.

In the states if you drink like me, they call you a 'drinker'. In Canada they call you

'a regular' and in Brittan they call you 'one of the lads'. In Ireland, I'm still just a pussy.

^that irish actor colin farrel said similar things in an interview once.

something along the lines that as an irish person, having a few pints with lunch is absolutly normal, yet in america he is considered to have a drinking problem..,

1/2 irish over here, on my mothers side. havent been in ages but would love to go again.

cider is weak. magners and bulmers drinkers are just ppl who fall for adverts.

I was there years ago, lost my wallet somewhere and wasn't able to go look for it the the day after next day.

So 2 days later I went through all bars I remembered being at, asking for the wallet, and go it back after like 3 places.

They were like "Oh crap... ok what does it look like.. here you go. Dammit". Still had all the money in it too

i started off in Dublin then went down to wicklow county.

and i lost my wallet too in a pub!!!

and got it back with all the money in it and everything..... totally awesome..

the irish rock

An Brog. I don't like that pub, but it's one of the few that's open late. But I know you know about that Beamish if you were in Cork, right?

Also, Ireland is fucking EXPENSIVE.

Wow! that's cool... (edit: about the wallet)

Even when some people asked us where we're from (after betting about it with each other for 80 euros or something) thus getting familiar, they still had this ironic kind of cynicism humor thing going on

Had me startled, First thought they were just fucking with me. But I guess they just wanna skip the awkward small talk and compliment norm.

Even when some people asked us where we're from (after betting about it with each other for 80 euros or something) thus getting familiar, they still had this ironic kind of cynicism humor thing going on

Had me startled, First thought they were just fucking with me. But I guess they just wanna skip the awkward small talk and compliment norm.

only americans compliment each other and blow smoke up each other's ass. if you hang out with irish, english, or australians then be prepared for the storm of shit talk you'll hear. it's completely normals to take the piss out of your friends constantly