UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

No matter what, DIEGO is a beast...period. So is Guida.

Fight of the year for me

http://www.mmafights.ca/2009/06/22/diego-sanchez-vs-clay-guida-video-a%C2%80%C2%93-tuf-9-finale-full-fight/

I agree.. both Diego and Guida are dope.. although Diego is a complete douche, he still is a good fighter. That for sure has fight of the year all over it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That randy and big nog fight had me at the end of my seat. Shit was like back in the pride days, back and forth action non stop!!!

Overall ufc 102 was had too many weird match ups, too many goofy knock outs especially the Nate fight, what the fuck was Demian Maia thinking of trying to stand up to Nate. Got to give Nate class for not adding extra punishment at the end.

No matter what, DIEGO is a beast...period. So is Guida.

Fight of the year for me

http://www.mmafights.ca/2009/06/22/diego-sanchez-vs-clay-guida-video-a%C2%80%C2%93-tuf-9-finale-full-fight/

this fight was so good.

like i said diego, really good fighter, complete douche, good sportsmanship though.

clay guida, fucking beast, even if he never wins a fight ever again, i will always enjoy watching him fight.

seriously clay guida takes hits to the dome like no other and keeps going.

you gotta love that.

i didnt even know he was american, i thought he was some burly brazilian.

Report: ‘Rampage’ Jackson out of UFC 107 in Memphis in favor of ‘A-Team’

Scheduling conflicts will force former light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson out of his upcoming grudge match against Rashad Evans at UFC 107 from the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn., on Dec. 12.

No new date is known at this time for when the pair will settle their score once and for all, but early 2010 now seems like the most likely possibility.

Vancouver Sun reports that “Rampage” will soon report for duty on the set of “The A-Team” for his role as B.A. Baracus in the upcoming feature film.

He was recently in town to discuss the production schedule, which is apparently a six-week commitment that will prevent him from being fully prepared to compete in front of his hometown crowd (Memphis) for the first time ever inside the Octagon.

Company president, Dana White, who more was more than likely banking on Jackson to make a big splash at the box office, is unhappy with the news.

Here’s a snip:

“Guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now. He’s thinking about beating your f**king ass. He’s not sitting around thinking about how him and his mom used to watch the f**king Love Boat together and he wants to get the role of Isaac the bartender.”

Jackson recently completed taping for the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter (10) on Spike TV, which is set to debut after UFC Fight Night 19 on Sept. 16. He served as a coach opposite his new-found arch enemy, Evans.

This is not the first time in 2009 Jackson didn’t stick to the script.

Remember that he passed on the opportunity try and pry the 205-pound title from newly-minted division kingpin, Lyoto Machida, opting to take on the recently dethroned “Sugar” instead. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua happily stepped in for Jackson and is set to battle the “Dragon” at UFC 104 on Oct. 24.

Timing is certainly not on his side the year, which is something he will have to work on while on the silver screen along with castmates Liam Neeson (Col. John “Hannibal”) and Bradley Cooper (Lt. Templeton “Faceman” Peck) in the 20th Century Fox-produced movie. The “Murdock” character has yet to be cast.

“A-Team,” while certainly the most high profile, is not the first acting gig for Jackson. He has appeared in “Confessions of a Pit Fighter,” “Bad Guys” and “The Midnight Meat Train,” as well as an episode of “The King of Queens.”

With Jackson now scratched, UFC 107 will feature a main event between lightweight division champion BJ Penn defending his title against number one division contender Diego Sanchez, as well as a heavyweight showdown between former champion Frank Mir and Cheick Kongo.

• 2 weeks later...
This shit is damn good for a free spike fight night!

And don't count kimbo out - I don't think he's going to win, but he has a lot more training experience even tho that other league he fought in was a sham - he still has a leg up. I expect him to at least make it half way through

For some reason I just have a feeling he gets booted for fighting in the house or something...he's hood.

Nah man, kimbo is hood, but he's been through enough bullshit with his reputation that honestly at this point I expect him to be one of the most professional. Have you seen his interviews over the past 3 years? He's calm, articulate, and respectfull. He's in a unique position compared to everyone else - he has nothing to prove EXCEPT in the ring. I expect the football players to show out and be jackasses.

Trust me, kimbo will suprise people, I just think he's a little old to go all the way, but he def won't embarass himself.