UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Torres got caught like faber did, hopefully he will come back stronger. He had bowles running but ran into a right!

Was a match, that Silva and griffin match was a joke, I hope Hendo takes Silvas belt. Glad bj came back and shut kenflo mouth up. I got tried of hearing that sound cut of kenny saying "I want bj's belt"

silva vs macida would be a good fight.

i hope silva does move up to 205.

and how about bj vs sanchez?

Would be interesting to see those. Disappointed Torres lost but felt he had it coming, can't be on top forever and he's had a good streak. I hope he comes back harder. Silva made beating Griffin look so easy I almost thought it might have been fixed or something. Dude ran away like a dog with his tail between his legs.

I don't catch too many of the other league fights but Diaz just failed to show for testing for his latest Strikeforce fight, too bad.

I'm with IHATEU. Silva dropping his hands and showing off was wack, bad sportsmanship. That shit does not impress me at all no matter who I'm rooting for. It's why I'll always prefer fighters like Henderson and Rich Franklin who show some humility and class even when they're on top.

Griffin did do worse than I expected though.

Florian did about what I expected: lasted a few rounds but failed to "kill the master" or even rock him.

Despite the weight issues I would pay to see Penn-Silva. That would be interesting as fuck. I wouldn't even know who to bet on.

I'm with IHATEU. Silva dropping his hands and showing off was wack, bad sportsmanship. That shit does not impress me at all no matter who I'm rooting for. It's why I'll always prefer fighters like Henderson and Rich Franklin who show some humility and class even when they're on top.

Overall I tend to agree, but to play devil's advocate, someone was pointing out to me the other day that Hendo dropped his last punch on Bisping to shut him up or whatever he said, he had already dropped dude and taken him out. It was cool w/ me, ref hadn't stopped him yet, but the other person did have apoint.

Yeah I'm probably a slight hypocrite because I was all about Hendo's gravity punch on Bisping. I wanted to see Bisping get knocked out so I let it slide. And Bisping is a first-class shit talker anyway.

I respect Silva's skills, no question. To knock Forrest out with a fall-away jab is no joke. But making a spectacle out of the mismatch while it's in progress just says no class to me.

You guys are crazy. Silva is one of the most respectable in ring fighters in UFC, he bows to you right in the beginning and bows at the end out of respect, if he pokes you with a finger he appologizes right there and then,while other fighters just act hard the whole time with some moncheezmo alpha male b.s. The hands down bit is 2 things, one getting in the head of your opponent and 2, it's like a homage to Ali. the man is great and Griffin was way out of his league. You want to talk about no class, how about not waiting for the match to end and a winner declared to talk to Joe? Instead running top speed like a bitch through the croud.

Say what you will, but that was one of the best fights Ive ever seen because of the way Silva was toying with him. A classic fight and youre complaining. smh

i think silva was just comfortable in his element, i dont really think it was disrespect, i like henderson but i really think that would be a mismatch as well...id love to see silva vs. machida that would be a very interesting fight...penn vs. sanchez should be interesting, and may be a good chance for bj to cement his reputation after his gsp fights...im also looking forward to nate marquarts upcoming fight after that awesome knock out he just had

silva bows, apologizes for finger pokes, gives a hand for people to get up, and bows some more, and he's disrespectful? ali used to fight with his hands down just like that, was so good at seeing punches he would just rotate his head. silva's a great fighter, with a great record, and is also very respectful in his fights and interviews.

Silva is respectful.....he just seems to be getting cocky.

But then again....no one can beat him....so I guess it makes sense

to be a little cocky.

I tend to think that the reason Silva drops his hands and gets showing is to try and incite his opponent to attack him and engage.

Silva is fundementally an awesome counter striker, and his few boring fights in a row were because people wouldnt press the action with him.

Him dropping his hands is away of getting them to commit so he can punish there misses, not a disrespect to his opponent.

• 2 weeks later...