Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seffiks

CD Music Is DEAD!!!

The end of the music CD as it is.' Most CDs are simply used for ripping onto digital audio players (Microsoft Zune) or (The Apple IPOD) by 2007 most big record lables will come with additional material to make them more attractive to the consumer. Revenue from CDs still outranks revenue from downloads by better than 6 to 1.

So the question is would it take 'additional material' to get you to keep buying CDs? what material would you like to see?

hahaha my car cd player faceplate wont keep closed it just keeps fliiping down...

i would buy more cd's if here was music worth buying. in the last year i think i've purchased maybe 10 cd's. i used to buy that many every couple weeks

Soulseek fufills all my music needs these days

The last time I bought a CD there was one decent track and the rest was garbage. $16 for one song. No...never again....ever.

you know what's really good..... the fact that in all the news articles about p2p file sharing, they leave out soulseek.

maybe it's just not big enough to make ripples, but it kicks ass and keeps a low profile.

on a side note: my stylus broke and I haven't listened to a record all week. life is silent these days.

that's the rockabily album Neil Young put out that ended his contract with Geffen.

it's a big piece of history for the neil young fans, and a great (or teriible) album.

I buy a cd only if

a) there's some super duper design prints with it, big booklet etc. stickers.. all this without any extra cost

b) I knew that a dime wouldn't go to some 2 face bastard in a suit, ripping off the band

The end of the music CD as it is.' Most CDs are simply used for ripping onto digital audio players (Microsoft Zune) or (The Apple IPOD) by 2007 most big record lables will come with additional material to make them more attractive to the consumer. Revenue from CDs still outranks revenue from downloads by better than 6 to 1.

So the question is would it take 'additional material' to get you to keep buying CDs? what material would you like to see?

What is this, market research? Do we get paid to answer your questions?

The last time I bought a CD there was one decent track and the rest was garbage. $16 for one song. No...never again....ever.

Nas?

What is this, market research? Do we get paid to answer your questions?

fuck no (I get paid)

i'll buy cds as long as they're around.

the bands i'm into tend to have atleast 75% good songs on their albums, sure i've bought a few disappointing discs, but i enjoy having cd booklets and all that rather than some burned disc.

i don't like dl'ing... but that side of the industry is huge and i think where it is headed, so maybe someday i'll download a song, not today

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now