mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

Cool dude. Come ride out to the bay. Think: top 5 roads in the country, laguna seca, sears point, thunderhill, streets of willow, yosemite, joshua tree. On that bike you CAN do 16 hour days. Mine my legs will hurt after 5.

I got myself asspacked by another rider recently so I may be getting paid off or something. Everything works but the radiator's a bit leaky, the forks are a bit leaky, the brake's a bit squishy, and the front disc drags on the caliper a bit too much.

Also some road rash on the tank and frame, so I doubt that they'll buy me some new parts. We shall see. I had a couple trips up to tahoe planned. I was gonna rent a DH mtb, ride the resorts then do some more motorbiking.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Cool dude. Come ride out to the bay. Think: top 5 roads in the country, laguna seca, sears point, thunderhill, streets of willow, yosemite, joshua tree. On that bike you CAN do 16 hour days. Mine my legs will hurt after 5.

I got myself asspacked by another rider recently so I may be getting paid off or something. Everything works but the radiator's a bit leaky, the forks are a bit leaky, the brake's a bit squishy, and the front disc drags on the caliper a bit too much.

Also some road rash on the tank and frame, so I doubt that they'll buy me some new parts. We shall see. I had a couple trips up to tahoe planned. I was gonna rent a DH mtb, ride the resorts then do some more motorbiking.

I know I gotta get out there my cousin in San Diego keeps asking me to stay at his place. He has Porsche's and a huge house. I think I'll ship the bike out there when I do though I don't have that much time off would rather spend a week in Cali riding. Getting a dog this year I am taking off time for that and hopefully a trip around here with my father. Maybe next year.

Dude just go buy a new bike...please...

Worst trip ever didnt get to go on any of the roads because of severe weather at times water was so deep on the highway it was up to the lips on my rims. Took 3 days to get back from Georgia I didnt want to ride at night/holiday traffic/couldnt see 20 ft ahead of me at times in the rain. Rain gear sprung a leak on day 1 soaked for 3 days...

942153_10200145347817776_491165344_n_zpsac981dee.jpg

1003664_10200150100936601_1809554113_n_zpsf2cc15c0.jpg

So glad to be home to take it on some twistys.

Oh i built myself a proper mechanic's garage for about a grand. Only thing I can't do is change my own tires, but that's coming. $600 no-mar tire changer, then make up some of that money by doing mount and balances for the kids in the area. With my new job I stil have a bit of spare time to built bikes out of junkers and teach kids how to rebuild forks, adjust valves, flush their coolant and whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Have any of you heard of Ural? I just heard of them today. I have been looking at getting a bike for some time. Just not sure what I wanted.

What do all of you think?

ural's are whatever. slightly updated version of an old WWII era russian bike.

you're basically buying one for the novelty of the sidecar, otherwise theres absolutely no reason to own one.

if you want a sidecar real bad, go for it. if not, get a triumph.

this is the first time i've logged into the site in 6 months.

riding has been good this year. lots of miles. moving to LA in a couple weeks, will be even better out there i imagine.

stay safe fellas.

• Like 1

Good to see you post again.

One of the main reasons I like the Ural is because of the sidecar. I always wanted some sort of bike, but didn't like that there was little storage and the second person had to ride behind holding on. The ural fixes those issues. Also the price is right. I also like how it isn't just a sidecar attached. The Uralic sidecar has shocks and other things built for a smoother ride.

this is the first time i've logged into the site in 6 months.

riding has been good this year. lots of miles. moving to LA in a couple weeks, will be even better out there i imagine.

stay safe fellas.

Lucky I barely rode after getting my dog. I just took a trip up to VT/Canada border 40mph the whole way people looking at leaves. Then this past weekend was the last nice weekend temp wise and I mess my foot up so I cant ride...

Seek I am jealous I need to ship my bike out to Cali for a week or two and just ride the whole time... I gotta get out of New England...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Fist

Had a track day at sonoma raceway on monday. Melted my street tires to mush. Gotta run track tires. A fully loaded track day with well over a hundred guys, maybe 40 on the track at a time. Not a single incident.

THE VERY Next day on my way to work some girl in a jetta tried to make a light and bolted left from a complete stop. She didn't even see me coming. First rain of the season and boom. Tucked the front and my face went into her door. I would've been fine but my leg caught a foot peg. Check out the new Vaj, I was armored up except for wearing jeans and over pants. Its unlikely my race suit would've saved me.

Squeemish warning

MNXMEJR.png

It sucks because I was riding a Buell S3T. OEM saddle bags are absolutely irreplaceable.

2001Buell02.JPG

Not mine but near identical. Its got an electric purple frame though. Front fairing and saddle bags are toast.