mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Fiddy that thing is fucking hilarious. I love how OCC gets exponentially more retarded as the years go by.

I've come to the conclusion that what I like most about motorcycles is that they're the closest I'll come to

flying an airplane, or being an aeronautical engineer... so what I look for in a motorcycle is that sleek, no

frills, tested and simplified engineering that accelerates, dives into corners and sounds like nothing else

out there. Sleek, perfected engineering—And lasts for-fucking-ever. My favorite bikes right now are 24-

Hors Le Mans bikes, which if you're at all acquainted with the styling and engineering of modern-sport

bikes, there's some really amazing querky one-off-ness going on, but also a lot of leading-edge tech that

makes them faster, lighter, more comfortable, and more reliable than the street bikes they started life as.

I look at cafes, like really old cafes with the external pipes running oil to the head cylinder, clutch and

running gears outside of the motor block and I think, that looks awesome but I wouldn't be caught dead

riding one through some mountain pass in bumfuck nowhere. ESPECIALLY now that my sideyard is a

graveyard of good looking and well-meaning motorbikes that didn't make the cut. MOST bikes dont seem

to take too kindly to 1000 miles a month.

junkrideDSC_4888.jpg

shinyakimuramooneyes+x%2527mas+party++13.jpg

I need to get me a pickup for the bikes. Theres a yellow one just like this on CL for 9800...

Shit that looks cool but something that would likely drive me to kill people if something went wrong:

thevintagentdohc.triple%252Cengine.jpg

thevintagentajs.mouse.jpg

thevintagentrudge.twin.jpg

thevintagentoldnort.jpg

thevintagentmontgomery.jpg

thevintagentmewimp.jpg

thevintagentftrsmeng.jpg

thevintagentdouglas.jpg

thevintagentcutaway.jpg

thevintagentajs.v.jpg

velobanjogentWhiffling+Clara-1.jpg

velobanjogentprob.1936%252CDon+Bain%2527s+Mk.5+KTT+engine+in+MAC+frame-record+breaker%252C+Maddens+Plains%252C+Sydney-1.jpg

velobanjogentPrewar+DKW%252C+where+%252C+when+2.jpg

velobanjogentGeorge+Brough%252C+BS%252C+record+Arpajon+1928%252C130.6mph-.jpg

Yes, that photo says it went 130+ mph.

velobanjogentABs+1955+7R+AJS+after+his+IOM+TT+crash%252C+bike+at+AMC+Plumstead-1a.jpg

velobanjogentJimmy+Simpson%252C+IOM+1934-1.jpg

velobanjogent%2523145+AJS%252C+Bathurst+1978.1.jpg

velobanjogenthargreaves+JAP-02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Havent had my bike in a couple months and the thread dies. Nice.

I saw this thing today and thought it was cool. Probably the only one who does but here it is anyway.

DSC-DEATH-SPRAY-DUCATI-NB-side_900.jpg

DSC-DEATH-SPRAY-DUCATI-NB-front_900.jpg

DSC-DEATH-SPRAY-DUCATI-NB-close.jpg

Love it

I gotta stop selling my bikes... I need another one and I am done with RC's what sport twin should I get?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Both of my motorcycles don't run and instead of working on them I've been riding the bicycles. That's basically why this thread sank.

I will contribute this story of my new neighbor. He lives in the building next to mine and between the two buildings he's got a tent that he keeps an old FXD with straight pipes and a R100. He rides the harley every morning and starts it up in the alley so it sounds like a sturgis assless chap convention in my fucking floorboards. One day he was having trouble starting it and started it with a wide open throttle. I was sleeping probably 15 feet from where his bike was. I wanted to fucking kill him and if it happens again I think I can plea insanity from the sleep deprivation.

So moral of the story is, if you have your bike with straight pipes parked in a community garage or in an alleyway, back it out to the street before starting it or someone's going to take a power drill to your oil sump and laugh at you when you throw a rod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got a question, 83 hd fxr dumps the oil on ignition, figure first thing to check would be the valve screen on the oil pump for blockage, is no screen. but theres metal debris mixed in what oil remains. does this mean im going to have to take the pump off and see if one of the gears is chewed up?

i reallllllyyyy dont want to embark on this journey of pain in the assery to find out it ISNT a chewed up gear.

opinions?

also, the engine isnt stock.

got a question, 83 hd fxr dumps the oil on ignition, figure first thing to check would be the valve screen on the oil pump for blockage, is no screen. but theres metal debris mixed in what oil remains. does this mean im going to have to take the pump off and see if one of the gears is chewed up?

i reallllllyyyy dont want to embark on this journey of pain in the assery to find out it ISNT a chewed up gear.

opinions?

also, the engine isnt stock.

Where exactly is the leak coming from?

Exactly. "excess" oil is pumped out through tge breather line. The metal debris is likely jamming up your oil pump's check ball and keeping it from seating. Id start by checking your oil pump. But like i said if youve got metal debris in your oil your problem isnt the oil, since any bike thats been sitting or any bike overfilled with oil might do this. your problem is whatever is grinding away inside the bike. Are there any non-oem/aftermarket parts? Id check those first.

but would the check ball not being able to seat cause ALL of the oil to be dumped out the breather? theres literally no oil in the oil tank.

the entire engine is aftermarket, and im pretty sure not all of the engine components were purchased at the same time. certainly a frankenstein bike.