mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

That's an interesting thought. I wrapped the headers on my streetfighter. You could argue the other way by saying the rock chips on unprotected headers allow for premature rusting as well.

Oh and use header wrap.

Edit: Psalm Juan, glad to see you back on two wheels. Post pics of that tail on the bike. I want to see that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

what the fuck is this, amateur hour?

wrap your fucking pipes. it stops chips, reduces heat, increases HP (slightly), and looks better than chrome. traps moisture? are you fucking retarded? go run your bike for an hour and grab the pipes. tell me how much moisture is on them. fucking retards.

RIPS, are you trying to decide between an 883 and a 48? It's the same fucking bike homie. one has 10 more HP and a bigger front tire. its like trying to decide between a dick in the ass or a dick in the mouth. either way you cut it you're buying a showroom floor dudester. pretty cool rides. super original. unique.

BUY OLD BIKES AND BUILD THEM.

• 2 weeks later...

SO I'm building a 1982 CB750F Suber-Sport. It was a real rat when I bought it ($500) but it ran good. I promise I will post a bunch of flicks in the next 24 hours. I completely rebuilt it and have just finished the wiring this evening and was able to try to start it. I got it to turn over and run for about 30 seconds before it cuts out. Once i begin to start it fuel pours out of the carb overflows and won't stop until I cut the fuel. Is this just the floats, or is there something else? Is there anything I can do short of pulling the carbs and removing the float bowls? The is an 82 CB with quad carbs, any help would be great. Thanks

Thanks, tapping worked on 3 & 4 but 1 & 2 continue to stick. I pulled them off and am just going to give the whole thing a good cleaning. as promised, here are some flicks.

IMG_3063.jpg

as purchased, so uncomfortable

GOODSHOT.jpg

as it looks now minus the carbs

and in-between

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

ScreenShot2012-06-30at64346PM.png

the setup I want

CARBIWNT.jpg

SEATBOTTOM.jpg

SEATOP.jpg

polished.jpg

pwdrct.jpg

top.jpg

Is that a DOHC or SOHC? I might be asking you questions in a sec. My CB900C's been sitting around collecting dust because i had a valve go. Didnt want to fix it because if I did I'd have to rebuild the bottom end to make sure it didnt blow up next.

I'd just rebuild the fucking carbs. I bet your diaphragms are worn and cracked too.

• 1 month later...
thank you for the suggestion, I tried both today and my choice is done (48), used are almost the same price as new

didnt read back dont know what other bike you tried but i assume ur talking about the HD 48

ive been lookin at sportsters myself was gonna go with a 48 or nightster but i think im gonna nget the iron and do the 1200 conversion looks to be cheaper and if done right faster than a stock 1200

but n e way anyones 2 cents are welcome

• 5 months later...

you get hurt?

---

after this sequestration shit blows over im planning on getting a cb750. first bike.

been pricing shit on CL a bunch and was trying to find this thread last night to post this rad looking bike i saw on CL. link is gone, sold.

ZfQ2yYA.jpg

clean get away.

one of the first things I was told by my Pops when i was first learning the clutch on a bike, "you're gonna crash, its gonna happen."

just that, its like bumping a curb or locking em up and eating one in a car but you feel more helpless. its just a lick you're gonna have to take.

Glad you're alright!

• 1 month later...

I logged in yesterday for the first time in a long time and it seemed like there were a decent chunk of folks posting again, so I thought I'd see how bumping this thread would go.

If you're still on the ounce, and you're still riding, post up what you've been up to, what you've learned. This "motorcycling season" has been a bumper crop. I've seen so many wrecks and were close to at least two fatalities in the last two months. I'm having a hard time feeling good about the sport.

gyIktj8.jpg

NkHdLiX.jpg

zt6NJx6.png

KaY9qDl.png

• 2 weeks later...

damn... finna be able to log into this place.

So I'm looking to get a bike and i would like to hear your opinion on this piece

3Ed3G13Hc5N75F55Had5o05ef05a121d21717.jpg

"1975 Honda CB360T Runs good, all original (paint too) except for pipes. New tires. 07251 miles & Classic plates. Clear title in hand."

obviously, it's not only like new but it's a trophies winnah! Buyer ask for 3200. What price should I start with? or any advice really.

damn... finna be able to log into this place.

So I'm looking to get a bike and i would like to hear your opinion on this piece

3Ed3G13Hc5N75F55Had5o05ef05a121d21717.jpg

"1975 Honda CB360T Runs good, all original (paint too) except for pipes. New tires. 07251 miles & Classic plates. Clear title in hand."

obviously, it's not only like new but it's a trophies winnah! Buyer ask for 3200. What price should I start with? or any advice really.

It's a bike. Buy it. Don't expect the bike to last long. Don't expect to make any money back off of it. You should be more concerned with what you're wearing while you're learning. BE THE NOOB that gears up from head to toe. Full face helmet, armored jacket, armored pants, armored gloves, and armored boots. YOU WILL FUCKING CRASH, and when you do you'll either tap out or be well enough to get back on. Motorcycling is, for 99% of the population, A BAD IDEA.

Also, Van-whatsyourface, since I just disabled PM's because i never log into 12oz, I'll respond to you here. Your question was basically "My bike needs the carbs cleaned and rejetted and the sprockets changed, how much can I sell my bike for?"

Dude, cleaning carbs are fucking easy. Working on bikes is fucking easy. Hit me up on email and I'll walk you through the process. Changing chains and sprockets is part of life. You can't sell a bike every time you need regular maintenance. Would you sell a bicycle when it needs new tires? FUCK NO. If you want to sell your bike that's one thing. I'll buy it off you. But knowing your motorcycle INTIMATELY where you understand the physics of why everything works is part of the joy of motorcycling.

Go online. Find a sprocket and chain kit from vortex. Drop a tooth from the front and up two in the rear. It'll cost you $130 and your bike will be BETTER than when you first had it. If you dont have your tools start buying those too. If you dont have everything yet just SIT ON IT. Buy yourself a trickle charger and keep the battery plugged in so it doesnt die. No reason to just flip a perfectly good bike because you're too lazy to do basic work.

AND YES, i just called you out on here instead of in PM's.

InkFace: http://www.bayareamotoshop.com

Tell your friends.

• 4 weeks later...

All I am saying is I am gonna roll the throttle with my pinky out... Flying out to GA afterwork wednesday. Getting picked up by the owner and riding it back to CT over the long weekend. I can't wait for this new toy to be in my stable! Yes that is full ohlins supension, heated grips, switchable on/off abs, accessories hookup, 190 rear tire... its the sex...

Riding up to SC staying overnight with friends then heading over to the blue ridge parkway in NC to ride deals gap then up to CT for some much needed rest! 16 to 20 hours of riding not bad!

photo_zpsc1a41c96.jpg