mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

At least it's not sturgis.

I went to check out a local hangout for racers and talked to some of the local guys. Ended up riding with a group of sport bikes. Pleased to say I didn't get dropped. Probably because Ive ridden those roads 5000 times more than them. Not bad for a bike the sport bike riders just smirked at.

What's wrong with sturgis?:cool:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

got into the shop for a while tonight.

blacked out gas/gauge caps. new plate mount and this motherfucker...

W5BO5_photo.JPG

i know I'm gonna get some SOA bullshit comments from fools, but whatever. if they knew where the style came from they'd shush themselves an not show their ass. plus, i got it for wicked cheap off my homie. kinda too good of a deal to pass up.

new mags should be in my hands by the end of the week, pipes hopefully done then as well. just in time for winter. ha.

• Like 1

That really depends on the windshield. My bike came with one of those quick-attachment windshields that had mounting brackets on the handlebars. I took it off because all it did was funnel all that wind into my face.

I cruise at 90 on my bike every day and there's no need for a windshield. You get used to it after a while. If it's brutally windy and theres some semi kicking pellet size dirt at my face, I can actually tuck behind the headlight.

Nice seeks. No hatin from me for the fairing. We run em all day out here. Mine is three over. So. Cal. Style. I have one of three bikes on the bay area that have it like that. Your bike is kinda like a cross between east and west coast. When I had my lowrider, I used my forwards as highway pegs. And no I have mids and on long runs, I use the rear pegs and also put my foot on the primary and just let my right one deal. On another note, street vibes is comin up quick. Now thats a ride, but not that long. About 4/5 hours, not including stops

lemme think... take a perfectly good primary, remove it, spend $2k on a new drive that will do the exact same thing but look cool...until you see the rest of the bike and realize it totally doesn't fit at all.

meh, i think ill pass. i like them on choppers or older bikes, but on an 08 TC, personally, i just feel like its trying too hard. my bike is pretty much bulletproof, why go fucking with that?

trips,

ha, i knew you'd have my back on it. honestly, i wouldn't have done it, but a friend grabbed one for me just cause he got a good deal on it. if i decide its not me i can always flip it. in the meantime ill run it. fuck it.

247401_1766553287778_1357535471_31504655_2807213_n.jpg

Max, I'm not gonna say I'm not a dick; cause that would be a lie. How can you talk about an open primary when you ride a wanna be bobber jap bike. Holla when you get an hd, then we'll talk kick start and belt drive. O yeah here's my club bike. Lowering kit has been takin off and 13 1/2 shocks now have the top of the tire visible.

normally i don't like really tall looking bikes, but dx's totally work. glad you went back to the stock shocks. those things are made to be ridden, no clue why people try and take that out of them.

what pipes are those? and what seat? i need a solo thats soft enough for long rides. right now my shit is brick.

yeah, i was never into them at all till i was on a freeway at 80, feeling like i was about to be blown off the back of the bike. you spend so much energy just trying to hold yourself in position, after a while shit is exhausting.

True. My handlebars are so low and back that I can ride the bike from the back seat. I just meant not all fairings are made equal, and some can make the problem worse.

That's a super trap welded on to thunderheader front. Don't ask me but it came like that and it works. And it's annoyingly loud, just how we like it. Lol. The seat idk know who makes it, but it's Hella comfy and supportive. When I got the bike and rode it home from so. Cal. It killed me. Not anymore. Pics to come before I go to street vibes. She gotta look like my girlfriend hot as fuck for the drive.

soup, trips or anyone....

got a set of mags for the bike. showed up today. super stoked, then i really looked em over....

kreL9_wheel.jpg

can this be just hammered out/die grinded back into shape, or do i have to go through the hassle of filing a claim with UPS and waiting on all that bullshit?

I've seen worse looking dents in bicycle rims that were safely repaired, and they were in more critical parts of the wheel, so I wouldn't sell them. How to go about truing it is a different story. Someone in a machine/metal shop would know. The DIY'ers at Chop Cult would probably be great at this. And did you buy those off ebay? If so i'd ask the seller for the cost of repairs. Even if you do it yourself.

no truing, its a mag.

can't go to chop cult, cause i got em off someone on there.

figure it shouldn't be hard to just smack it a couple times with a hammer then die grind it smooth. my sportsters running with no lip at all right now. fucking bearing just sticking out an extra 1/8th of an inch to make a lip for the rotor. ghetto nig shit. sucks i gotta deal with this on new wheels, but fixing it seems like way less of a hassle than mailing it back, dealing with UPS insurance, etc.

Max, I'm not gonna say I'm not a dick; cause that would be a lie. How can you talk about an open primary when you ride a wanna be bobber jap bike. Holla when you get an hd, then we'll talk kick start and belt drive. O yeah here's my club bike. Lowering kit has been takin off and 13 1/2 shocks now have the top of the tire visible.

Homie, I got bad news for you - your american-pride-infused hd hasn't been made in America since the early 80's.

i've got more bad news for you. i don't know where you live, but i'm in new jersey. either way, i've taken out 1200 softail harley's on my little "wanna be bobber jap bike," who had the same mentality as you. if you're in the area we could gladly do something for small money.

i've also fuckin straight up jawed my fair share of cocky, know-nothing hd owners.

you sound like a weekend warrior who brings his machine to a dealer - which is what ever - but don't front like you know some shit when you don't know me, you don't know my bike, and you sure as shit don't know how i operate.

it's a shame how naive you are.

edit: you start your bike with the turn of a key and the press of a button. you wanna talk to me about kick starting a machine?

max, with all due respect, just leave this one alone. not an argument you want to get yourself in. if you really think its necessary, take it to pm's. that way you won't be making such a fool of yourself publicly.

trips,

please just leave it alone. not worth derailing the thread.

got a set of mags for the bike. showed up today. super stoked, then i really looked em over....

kreL9_wheel.jpg

can this be just hammered out/die grinded back into shape, or do i have to go through the hassle of filing a claim with UPS and waiting on all that bullshit?

OOOOOOOOOffffffffffffff... I'd fail a claim dude. It's a fucking hassle but at the shop we have to do it at least once every few months.

Also lol at the max dude for obvious reasons.

kreL9_wheel.jpg

I would file the claim like nbb said. Yeah it will take time but its worth it in the long run. Or Take it back to the shop you got it at. It appears to be a critical area. Seeks, I wont derail the thread; no worries