mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Props added to the feedback you guys gave me. I appreciate it a lot. So i guess what it looks like my ground clearance is going to be the biggest factor into deciding on whether getting it or not. With that said. I will keep that in mind but I will try out bikes here and there instead of getting the first one I like.

Thanks again,

-BW

0_62_walters.jpg

Yeaeahhhhh kinda. Ground clearance is just a point of debate when you're looking at the Thrux, the Bonnie, and the Scrambler. You'll see what im talking about soon as you get on them and demo them. All of them are a lot lighter and handle a lot better than you'd expect, BUT six months after you figure out how to ride fast you're going to realize the ONLY way you're going to be competitive with cars (or maybe im the only one that races cars on motorcycles) is body position, lean angle, streetable race suspension, responsive brakes, etc.

For the 50% of riders who think going 20 mph over the speed limit is enough for them, those old-style triumphs will be plenty. For everybody else, nah. I mean if you're at a triumph dealership, take the fucking 675 in Daytona or Street Triple mode and feel the difference.

I need more monies so I can get an SM 610 or a DRZ 400 SM. And maybe make my F4i rideable.

looking for a solo bag for my nightster, licks has a nice one but them fools want $185 + shipping!?!

i know leather aint cheap but doesnt that seem really expensive?

and i'm not really into the leather look but i need a better bag than what i have on there now. i have a small swingarm bag but damn near have to sit down on the ground to get to it

soup,

i think weve discussed this, but indulge me again......

banner at the top of the board has a cbr250. im assuming thats a 250cc bike, right? how the fuck would that even be fun? and how would a 250 sport bike differ from a 250 honda rebel? or rather, my bike is 1700cc. seems like throwing that big of a bore into a sport bike would be insane. why do you need so much more power in a cruiser? get scientifical on a nigga, cause i dont get it.

Seeks its just the same as the kawasaki 250 ninja. It's a beginner bike aimed at young new riders who think they can't handle a 600. I really don't think anybody should buy it, except for awesome parents that want to give their kid something to play with, but fear that their ambition will outweigh their talent. The only reason 250's exist are for countries like India, and 1st world countries where legislation requires riders to ride lower cc bikes to start with. Weight, wheelbase, mpg, brakes, suspension— 250's dont really have that much over a 600.

CB450's are cool. I think ForPlacementOnly had that exact bike. Here's my buyer beware: Before you buy a bike look for oil leaks in the shape of burnt oil on the motor around the gaskets and headers. Unless you have a friend thats a mechanic who could look at the bike for you (since you're asking 12oz for advice Im guessing not) don't buy it. And dont buy it if the owner cleaned the motor off. And dont spend more than like 1400 on it because an old bike like that is almost definitely in need of some decent servicing. Also dont buy it if the owner or a previously owner wrenched on it and it still has problems. If any bolts are missing/stripped, they worked on it. The problem with this is if the moron overtorqued something like a fucking bolts into a valve cover, you're going to spend $400 on just that to replace it.

I actually got a rad hone bracket thing. Biological makes it. Google that a shit. It's totally waterproof, still use the touch screen. Real fresh. Hooked that up at the bottom of my bar a, ran a headphone wire under my tank dash wi a female plug right at the seat, so I can plug in headphones. I won't ride in the city like that, but on the highway it was a life saver. I'd have gone nuts without it.

So couple things from today.... 80mph feels rad on a bike. Granted it's a cruiser with apes, so I'm About as aerodynamic as a brick wall, but still, it feels rad. I don't need to go 150. No interest. I like vidicon, not coke. Same deal with bikes.

Lepera bare bone seats look awesome in pictures, Feel like fucking he'll after two hours. Oh man. I hope my ass gets used to the devastating beating that that thing hands out, otherwise I need to get a touring seat. Anyone have usggeations?

No homo on that ass beating thing.

This thread needa more contributors. Fuck y'all doing? Talk about bikes more.

after i stripped my bike of, basically, the entire front end - freeway speeds really took a new meaning.

there were times when my helmet (which fits perfectly) would start inching up and over at speeds of 90+ if i wasn't in some extreme rossi tuck. i guess i've gotten used to it.

only other thing i always fucking forget is the hood on my jacket/s - shit will choke you out if it catches wind.

I went on a ride last weekend with some of the guys from ChopCult.

We did about 300 miles in one day.

Rode some beautiful roads that I didn't know about that had some awesome twisties.

Over on the ChopCult, they have the Brotherhood of the Traveling Lid.

Biltwell donated one of their 3/4 novelty helmets and it travels all over the U.S. handed off from person to person.

I got to ride with it for about 250 miles that day.

I gotta say, I've never worn a Biltwell 3/4, but it was pretty fucking comfortable.

It didn't balloon up at speed and I could actually hear my bike.

I will probably get one in the near future.

Bruno you used the term "balooning" in that bit about the traveling lid and that reminded me of my helmet.

I don't think I've said this—which is surprising because chop folk get a kick out of it—I own two Bell Custom 500's which i bought when they first came out and they have that lifting effect at 65 mph. I havent figured out a solution to it but wearing hats under the lid seem to make a difference. Im not saying a good difference because it changes depending on the hat, but some hats make a good difference.

I know you're a die hard Harley fan, but if I could persuade you to ride anything-but, it would be a Moto Guzzi Griso. You should walk into the shop with your settlement gangster roll and test one for fun.

ZAMP3499_1024x768.jpg

Just think, that could be your hair blowing in the wind. Seriously it's a big grunty v-twin—like an italian buell—that wants to be dropped into turns. I'd be pretty disappointed if the group you run with came back with anything negative to say about the Griso.

Or in other news:

• Like 1

bruno, who are you on there?

seen that thread forever, never followed it.

went for a ride this weekend with some friends. never really ridden with a group. doing 70 down twisty backroads with someone two feet from you is sketchy, yet rad.

ive got a daytona 3/4. its pretty rad. smaller than the bell, the new licks... pretty much everything but the biltwell novelty. its a little too big (their sizes run all sorts of fucked up) but it doesnt pull up too badly. for any prolonged riding over 60 i like my full face. just more comfortable.

call me a bitch, but i bought a windshield last night.

i ride a lot with the homies and like you said it can be pretty sketchy at times but is pretty cool when done correctly

i wish i could afford a windshield for long trips... no need for it though in the city or short highway blasts(less than 30mins)

saw this pic and thought it was pretty cool...

5520293575_bd9d4d8812_z.jpg

and no i am not black or ghetto(okay just a lil bit), just thought it was cool seeing lil homie posted up HARD

Ended up finding a quick release HD windshield used for cheap. $220 shipped (roughly $400 new). Random HD forums are the shit for scoring used stuff. So many rich old dudes just looking to sell off stuff to other riders at super reasonable prices.

The windshield I got is rad. Has 4 quick releas clamps (think vice grips). On and off in 30 seconds with no hardware left on the bike. Definitely only for longer rides.

Found a good deal on a damper today, so I picked up one of those. I coulda lived without it, but fuck it. Gonna make long rides a little nicer.

Leper bare bones SUCKS for long rides. After an hour it felt like a cinderblock fucking me in the ass (nh). Gonna reshape my stock seat this week. You can get gel pads off eBay for like $30. Prolly throw one in. My bony ass was not made for metal seat pans.