mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

Re: motorbikes!

^^^True story

If you are really gonna go for a newer bike SV650 is the way to go. Thats what I learned on its very forgiving, there are a ton of them around for cheap which makes parts cheap and there is a huuuuge community that will support any problems you have on http://www.svrider.com. Its a great all around bike more than enough power for the first time rider.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been dirt bike riding like crazy. My boy finally brings a camera out, and says he lost the cable..This was last weekend, but I had to buy a 20 dollar memory card reader to get it.

l_a3335e399caf3ec031986df8e3c33e1d.jpg

I'm normally a trail rider, but I saw this little jump 5-6 weeks ago, and I've been completely obsessed. Since then I've been trying to jump everything in sight. Had my forks seals replaced by a guy in town here that does forks for pros. I still think my rear suspension needs a heavier spring, but it's one of those, not broke, don't fix it kind of things.

Prop me!! hahaa

• Like 1

kinda cool...but it looks like the 80's threw up all over it.

had a little stroke of luck that if completely taken advantage of...will end up netting me a full on race bike this fall. I'm thinking R6 with a Penske rear shock. Quick shifter. slipper clutch. and all the other goodies.

That Britten is too much awesome. Why is it that everyone i know from new zealand says its boring as hell but there's so many cool fucking people coming out of there?

Hey if you didnt catch it last week or the week before "BIRTH OF A RACER" is on this weekend. Check local discovery channel times. Im watching it just to oogle at Czysz's greasy fucking hair.

kinda cool...but it looks like the 80's threw up all over it.

had a little stroke of luck that if completely taken advantage of...will end up netting me a full on race bike this fall. I'm thinking R6 with a Penske rear shock. Quick shifter. slipper clutch. and all the other goodies.

Uhhh care to share the infoz on how? Someone see your potential att he track or did someone crash their R6?

That Britten is too much awesome. Why is it that everyone i know from new zealand says its boring as hell but there's so many cool fucking people coming out of there?

Hey if you didnt catch it last week or the week before "BIRTH OF A RACER" is on this weekend. Check local discovery channel times. Im watching it just to oogle at Czysz's greasy fucking hair.

I just watched that "Birth of a Racer" documentary this weekend. The engine seems like an incredible stroke of genius but I kept second guessing myself while watching the documentary because of all the engine mis-haps. The owner guy was a bit of a nut but I give him a lot of credit and wish him success.

I also have a documentary on that Britten stuff that a friend lent me. I need to watch that.

Still don't own a bike...

I had money set aside to get one but I had a pretty bad cycling crash that snapped the rear drop out of my frame, destroyed both wheels, bent the hell out of the rear derailleur and shredded my seat among other things. I was able to replace the frame and parts but it took just about all I had in savings. I guess I like riding my bike more than I want a motorcycle.

One of these days... one of these days.

I really like the Ducati Hypermotard bike but I'm not sure if I like that bike or if I like the style of bike. I mean, as a first bike I think getting a 1100cc bike is wayyyyyy too much and I know I can't afford a new bike anyway. But that style... I really like it.

black-hypermotard-side.jpg

I looked at Yamaha and Honda for Motard versions of their bikes but they don't look nearly as stylish. They seem more like a street version of their dirt bikes... which I guess is essentially what a Motard is but the Ducati has tons of style. I'm a very aesthetic person so something as stupid as the way the bike looks is kinda important to me.

Yeah dude that whole situation with the dropout is soooo fucked up. Thank god I dont have money for that shit to even happen!

Motards are becoming the new fixed gear in San Francisco. Wait no, what I mean is I went into the city the other day and kind of found myself looking at a bunch of them. They're skinny enough to whip through traffic and lock up on the sidewalk with the bicycles. Definitely in the city the 450s make sense. Enough power to hit the hills and freeway gridlock, but super good gas mileage. I could see Joker wheeling to work on one of those kitted out like it's the 80's all over again.

The other day I saw a guy on an all-black hypermotard wearing an all-black kit and flying around this corner at full lean, then take his hand off the bar to wave at me going the other direction. I did the same, not nearly riding at his speed, but it was one of those fucking cool moments of envy for the other guy's bike, and the color black.

In other news I put a low bid on a 2006 GSXR 600 this week.

ahhh...that sucks about the bicycle wreck. sorry to hear it.

yeah, an 1100cc bike is not even close to a good idea to learn on. I'm kinda like you when it comes to the looks of something being important...but you're gonna have to get over that for a first bike. you really want to get one that you won't mind dropping or wrecking on, because it happens to a lot of first time riders. my first bike was an 82 Yamaha Maxim 550. Not the best looking bike, not the worst...but it was cheap and I wouldn't have gotten that worked up about it if I went down on it. bonus is....learner bikes like that are cheaper.

Unless I get a call today I didn't get the gsxr.

In other news yesterday I got the the GS airborne. 80 in a 35, all of a sudden the revs shot up, followed a second later by a thud and the front wheel trying to shake loose. It was dark so I couldnt tell you if I got air or just distance. Over all a pretty cool fuckin experience.

I think i'd like to get a motard next too. I sit at stoplights and try to trackstand my bike like if I put my foot down i die or something. it's too heavy to wheelie and fork's too soft for indos but i'd be doing that shit too if I could.

Haha Soup I got the RC51 I am told 2 feet off the ground for about 8 to 10 feet of distance doing about 80 on some back road. I thought I came out of a corner gased it to bring the front end off the ground and I didn't know it was as big of a hump as it was and bam...

Although due to my faulty power commander and the broken wires on the ecm it died at the end of that road. Then I finally got it started and it wouldn't go over 50 the rest of the ride home...

But now its fixed!!!! I just lost a bolt for my upper fairing last night which sucked I lost the little broken peice the attaches the fairing to the fairing stay as well...fucking sucks...

I think I might go with carbon fiber upper fairing paint it silver and leave the black part on the front showing the carbon...that'll be dope...

rc51big.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've been dirt bike riding like crazy. My boy finally brings a camera out, and says he lost the cable..This was last weekend, but I had to buy a 20 dollar memory card reader to get it.

l_a3335e399caf3ec031986df8e3c33e1d.jpg

I'm normally a trail rider, but I saw this little jump 5-6 weeks ago, and I've been completely obsessed. Since then I've been trying to jump everything in sight. Had my forks seals replaced by a guy in town here that does forks for pros. I still think my rear suspension needs a heavier spring, but it's one of those, not broke, don't fix it kind of things.

Prop me!! hahaa

2 stroke 4 lyfe nigga! is that KX 125 or 250?