mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: motorbikes!

Haha. I think you can find less-chunky motorbike-specific grips in red tho. You gotta rock the $100 nixon watch on the handlebars too. Im waiting for someone to try to steal that shit just because it's permanently fixed on there.

new contest: who can fold the most side view mirrors in on their way to work/school.

Anyone want to explain the "peace up A-town down." shit you're required to throw at every fucking motorcyclist? I mean i understand a wave, a friendly thumb's up, but this peace-sign held sort of down so it seems none of the car-folk can see it... seems too rap for the general white folk throwing it at me.

Soup I guess you haven't been initiated into the brotherhood of the motorcyclist. I think you need to go out and watch the following:

easy-rider.jpg

Personally I like to throw up the black fist to leave them niggas tripping like john the baptist. If I see another RC51 best believe I am beeping fucking pointing at my RC51 decals giving the devil horns and flicking my highbeams on and off (inside joke since only one side is on at a time and we regularly get stopped by cars going "YOUR HEADLIGHT IS OUT") But if I see the older guys I throw up the peace sign. Its all love baby we are in this together, if you see another brother down stop and help him out.

Dude I broke down on highway I had every bike stop one dude on an R1 another on a Beemer and the Harley guy. I told him I was surprised he stopped me being on a street bike and all, he just smiled and said we are all family no matter what you ride.

***edit or just look at how you hold the clutch lever two fingers on the lever the others bar. its a natural position but you still need to wave. Also look for signals for cops from peopel coming the opposite way.

soup...I was in my car and got rear ended/sandwiched. those are Oury grips aren't they?

biker wave

haha HELL YES THEY ARE. I had to put something on my bike only my cyclist brethren would appreciate. When i bought it it had some ratty progrips.. like the one in that video.

I appreciate that dude's bell he had, but out of all the waves I personally like the team america secret signal.

Anyone have any idea where I can buy a used muffler? None of the 4 into 1 nonsense leading up to it, just the round fucking can that goes on the end of it? Preferably some sort of sport exhaust, since my yoshi just rattled off the fucking bike today on the freeway. It's been going for a while. I had to redrill the holes and bolt that fucker on there because the can already tried to rattle off. Fuck!

took it out today but still a bit cold for me, i HATE cold weather riding, its just not fun for me...

its almost time though...

upon1gh8.jpg

ps. some of them late model bikes a few pages back that SOUP BDC posted are so sick!!!

are those yours???

No..... sorry dude Im just a guy with a beater bike Im trying to keep on the road and running this thread up with stupid questions.

Rode my friend's R1 the other day. Thing was a blast. I dunno if anyone can tell by the photos , but the GS750ES weighs as much as a Hayabusa (475 lbs).

Thread.... dieing... must... necessitate.

BMW-K46-1000R-Superbike.jpg

HA! Found this on Hell For Leather. Motocyclismo made this illustration of the alleged K46 1000R, which used an R6 as a testmule for the motor (posted a page back),

Also found this: Half 1098 half 696 monster. I'd fucking buy one in a second if they made it.

2009-Ducati-Supermono-549.jpg

And apparently this Lazareth's quadrazuma and other bikes are gonna be in Babylon AD.

quadrazuma7.jpg

This needed NOS

RocketBike.jpg

and Keith Haring

fast%2Barta.jpg

Vespa ad:

vespad-1.jpg

Just looks awesome.

GetDbImage.aspx?id=15316&width=500&height=500&crop=False&percent=0&vm=1&quality=85

i'm in the market for a 70's Honda right now. hopefully a 750.

To be honest, its going to be my first bike, without many hours of riding experience or knowledge of motorcycles.

hopefully this is a good decision, considering the money i have, make, model, condition, and rideability of this bike compared to what i want and need it for.

To be honest, its going to be my first bike, without many hours of riding experience or knowledge of motorcycles.

hopefully this is a good decision, considering the money i have, make, model, condition, and rideability of this bike compared to what i want and need it for.

Honestly you are going to spend at least $1000 for the bike and another $600 for parts and another $400 for equipment license insurance and such. You will get the bike and are going to have to fix it up, it will be ready by next fall...

I say for your first bike you go out and get the Kawi 250r $3500 brand new with a warranty.You can finance some of it if you need to. I bet they give you a $500 to put toward equipment on top of that to intice you to buy. Its a bad ass little bike and I bet its just as fast if not faster than a 70's Honda CB750, its def. gonna be alot safer...

2008250r2.jpg

IMHO It's all about condition. This is what I'd do

first, while the bike's cold, check the engine. Is it dirty? Does it look cleaned? Check for grease everywhere, around the headgasket, if you can see it check the engine seal around the ignition cable. Check around the nuts under the carbs. Is there any leaks? If the engine's been cleaned you're gonna have to stick your fingers in nooks. Dirt is cool, grease is bad.

Next check battery. Check for rust around the battery. Especially check all mechanical parts UNDER the battery. There shouldnt be any more rust than the rest of the bike. Rust or a sulfur smell could be a bad battery and maybe even a bad stator/ charging system. New battery's gonna be $40-80. New charging system's gonna run you $250 to $500.

Next check tire wear. How's the tread? Any cracking or signs of burnouts? Tires are gonna run you $250 a pair. Maybe more if you go sporty.

Check the engine oil and brake fluid resivoirs. They should be clear. When the bike's warm check the oil again and make sure it's up to the line.

Next I'd check the carbs. Push the choke in and fire it up. The bike should fire right up without any rough idle. If you're fighting to keep the bike from stalling at low rpms you're probably gonna need to clean the carbs. You can do it yourself for probaby $160 in carb kits and balancing tools, but it's labor intensive.

Make sure the lights, turnsignal, gauge lights all work. If any of them don't and that battery's in shit condition you've got a bad electrical system.

Make sure you give that bike a thorough road test— Five minutes at least—pulling the bike from a standstill in each gear making sure the clutch or the gears arent about to go. Ride it around and give it some hard "onramp" accelerating making sure the gears dont slip out. Most of this shit on a beater beginner bike isn't gonna matter, but you can definitely bring it to the owners attention before you make an offer.

Hahah check the muffler. Make sure that shit's not gonna fall off any time soon. Acutally look at all the screws you can and make sure nothing's missing or about to fall off.

That's all i can think of right now.. in essence there's just a lot of shit that can and will eventually go wrong when it comes to old bikes.

thanks for your advice guys.

i really hope it doesnt take that long for me to be able to ride a bike legally.

there are some really nice selections of those models in the bay area due to their popularity. alot of shops dedicated to these types of bikes and people maintain them really well.

Theres an auction down in south city (ffsons.com) I went to the other day and nearly walked away with a hayabusa or a giant touring K1200 which was even bigger than the suzuki.

That would've been fun.

Im kinda pissed off I scheduled my trip to HI the same days as American GP in Laguna Seca. With the bike I definitely wouldn't of minded riding down and enjoying that.

Anybody have any suggestions for a first time streetbike?

I love them but have no idea what I'm getting into.

I'd say used 250's, ex500's or sv650's. Keep in mind with it being your first bike...you'll probably drop it, lay it down or worse. Always best to do that on a bike you don't care about or is cheaper to fix. Today's 600's are more than fast enough to get yourself killed. Anybody starting on a liter bike either has way more control than I have or has a death wish. Very few people out there that can ride a 600 to it's full potential.