<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud
within the next three years[/url]. As if that wasn't enough, Microsoft's apparently also lined up the next two early versions to be released, with the so-called M2 build slated for April or May of this year, and the M3 release slated to drop sometime in the third quarter. Given recent history, however, it's probably not the best idea to start marking your calendars just yet.

Has anyone else noticed that the period between Windows OS releases is really sporadic? (95-98-2k-XP in 2001-Server 2003-Vista in 2007- then Vienna in 2009)

Why don't they stick to a schedule and use some kind of packaging system to do minor upgrades (service packs don't count, that's called covering your ass...I mean, IE/Office/Outlook/WMP updates) and do a new version every two years? Methinks this has something to do with the folding green stuff.

Odds are that XP will still be better than Vista when Vienna comes out.

i need somehelp so basically i downloaded this note file with passwords i went to naughty america and put the name and pass in it loaded to the next screen and it said a charge will show up on your credit card as whatever it said. did i just re activate dudes account alot of other people have downloaded this file aswell but thats what i said is that gonna be traced to me if dude complains

i need somehelp so basically i downloaded this note file with passwords i went to naughty america and put the name and pass in it loaded to the next screen and it said a charge will show up on your credit card as whatever it said. did i just re activate dudes account alot of other people have downloaded this file aswell but thats what i said is that gonna be traced to me if dude complains

it could be.

use this next time you do something like that

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=582

the only way you are getting caught for creditcard fraud is if they get yer IP within the next week and call yer ISP and they do an invesigation of there own to see who had the IP address at the date and time of when this happened ( if they would ever come after you just tell them it was not you you have wireless set up in yer house someone must have hacked my connection, and they can not do shit

you are innocent till PROVEN guilty. no proof, no conviction!!

failed you should have just gone to a website that gives you free passwords to bullshit accounts that what i do some work even long after the website delete the passwords.

having a problem with IE on another computer.

was using IE6

after i cleaned all this spyware shit off, certain websites became unviewable.

when you try to access a page with a form for user name and password

IE immediately loads a "this page could not be displayed page"

other webpages were working

i upgraded to IE7

now no webpages are viewable

internet is still connected, as i pinged http://www.yahoo.com through the command prompt and got normal respones.

ideas?

edit: and firefox wasnt working at all either, wouldnt load a page, checked the internet connection settings for both programs, both were fine.

Well today i tried running that a squared program, found some malware installed, got rid of it and rebooted. internet still didnt work. rebooted in safe mode, hmm internet now works.

well lets see,

i google my problem "internet only works in safe mode"

and then i found it.

norton internet security.

fuck those bastards at symantec.

uninstalled all symantec problems and poof

internet works again.

Well today i tried running that a squared program, found some malware installed, got rid of it and rebooted. internet still didnt work. rebooted in safe mode, hmm internet now works.

well lets see,

and then i found it.

internet works again.

damn! you didn't say you had norton instsalled,

coulda solved your problem in a flash.

try comodo firewall, and keep a-sqared. also get spyware blaster and spybot search and destroy. get rid of your other anti spyware.

I dunno if anyone can help on this, but when I turn on my PC, before I get to the login screen it comes up with a warning saying SMART error, back up data and replace harddrive. As imminent failure is coming.

Now do I actually need to get a new PC now or is there anything I can do to correct this?

Have been having this error for months now and have been ignoring it as PC is quite old now and want to replace it anyway, but finances are shit and want to make sure this lasts a bit longer. takes bloody ages to boot up though

well lets see,

and then i found it.

internet works again.

damn! you didn't say you had norton instsalled,

coulda solved your problem in a flash.

try comodo firewall, and keep a-sqared. also get spyware blaster and spybot search and destroy. get rid of your other anti spyware.

just a note from experience ( install and run only one antispyware at a time and then choose what one you like better both are good,) I would recommend just getting windows defender it works really the best "only if you are on a legit version of windows"