<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

oh and just to add the 3 main reasons of keeping IE are

Since the Windows Update site requires the use of Internet Explorer, manual updates will no longer be possible. Automatic updates, if enabled, should continue unaffected.

Even though you may be disabling Internet Explorer, you are not actually removing it. Your Windows Vista PC still uses Internet Explorer for a number of internal processes.

Keep in mind that updates related to Internet Explorer will still need to be performed because IE is still on your PC.

so in short if you do not want to be secure at all go head and uninstall IE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my ibook wont read any type of cds...

i can hear it loading but it never loads...

when i put in an audio cd it loads but it will only load about 7 or 8 songs.

but i wont be able to play them.

i opened the same audio cd with itunes and it loaded all 14 tracks...but when i clicked play it was showing the loading sign...and it never played it.

any idea what it could be?

Re: need help with MAC

Hey, I know the answer to this one!

All right. It's not entirely good news.

First off, the Leopard install disc is a dual layer DVD, so you need a DL reader. From the specs/age of the machine that you described, it's not likely you have a DL reader, unless you installed one. It's probably reading the lead-in track just fine, but when it gets to the main body of data it chokes.

Second, I think that you need a minimum of 1 GB of RAM and a 1.8 GhZ processor to run Leopard.

Third, even if you DID get it to run, it would be a dog compared to 10.3.9 on that machine.

I won't ask where you got the Leopard install DVD from, but if you bought it at an Apple store, go get your money back and tell them that the guy who sold it to you said that it would work on your machine. Otherwise, hang on to it and invest in a used Mac Pro. Look into some of the older Intel Mac Pro towers (circa 2005-2006). They're pretty cheap, and they're still great machines. Plus, they'll run 10.5.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news, but those are the facts.

Thanks for the reply. I installed a 1 GB RAM chipset and it intalled fine after that. Everthing seems good to go with the one exception that photoshop will not open now. I think I still have the photoshop disk around somewhenre so I may delete and try to re-istall it and see if that will work

i opened the same audio cd with itunes and it loaded all 14 tracks...but when i clicked play it was showing the loading sign...and it never played it.

shai you got this??

ok ibc im not finding a way to disalbe or remove IE from vista at this time ( you can always go through the registry and delete all traces of it but thats not very smart, you can always just delete al lthe icons and shortcuts which i would recommend

IE is very small in vista it is less then 2MB so by deleting it it will not give you any space so its pretty pointless to crash the machine just because you do not like IE, you do need it for a lot of other programs to run and to keep yer windows vista up to date/secure( somewhat hahaha)

ok ibc im not finding a way to disalbe or remove IE from vista at this time ( you can always go through the registry and delete all traces of it but thats not very smart, you can always just delete al lthe icons and shortcuts which i would recommend

IE is very small in vista it is less then 2MB so by deleting it it will not give you any space so its pretty pointless to crash the machine just because you do not like IE, you do need it for a lot of other programs to run and to keep yer windows vista up to date/secure( somewhat hahaha)

did most of that already, thanks for the help.

i have a grip of DVD screeners as AVI files. i want them to play on a DVD player. i have been researching some programs for an hour and dont really know what the deal is or if there is an easier way. i just want one of these to play in a DVD player...any help?

ok so i tried to research this.. no dice.

I have a macbook with osx tiger 10.5 i believe... i have an HP photosmart C4200 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier... i recently tried to upgrade my system... and long story short i had to reboot my whole system to finally get it to work... but now my mac wont read my scanner AT ALL. It reads the printer function fine. But when i try to scan it gives me the pop up that there is no scanner connected to the computer. I tried to find the proper driver just for the scanner and had no luck. I even d/loaded VUESCAN and had no luck with that program reading it... any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance guys.

i have a grip of DVD screeners as AVI files. i want them to play on a DVD player. i have been researching some programs for an hour and dont really know what the deal is or if there is an easier way. i just want one of these to play in a DVD player...any help?

you need nero 5.5 atleast and convert the avi to VCD and the dvd player should play it

I got something for you, check your messeges.

ok so i tried to research this.. no dice.

I have a macbook with osx tiger 10.5 i believe... i have an HP photosmart C4200 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier... i recently tried to upgrade my system... and long story short i had to reboot my whole system to finally get it to work... but now my mac wont read my scanner AT ALL. It reads the printer function fine. But when i try to scan it gives me the pop up that there is no scanner connected to the computer. I tried to find the proper driver just for the scanner and had no luck. I even d/loaded VUESCAN and had no luck with that program reading it... any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance guys.

update the driver http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_lang=en&h_cc=all&h_product=3192750&h_page=hpcom&h_pagetype=s-001&lang=en&cc=all&h_client=s-h-e002-1

Guest shai_hulud

Sounds like a bad drive. Take it to a shop that deals with Macs and have them look at it.

Better yet, if there's an Apple store near you, make an appointment at their Genius Bar (http://www.apple.com) and they'll at least diagnose it for free. If it's something they can fix on the spot, nine times out of ten they'll do it for free.

You could also try updating iTunes, but I don't think that's the problem. If it's not reading CDs at all, that's probably hardware.

when surfing the net in firefox i keep getting this piece of shit popup, and it stops pages loading when i do:

fuckyouyq9.jpg

sometimes it comes every 5 seconds, sometimes every 5 minutes.

i've tried reinstalling firefox, disabling bluetooth radio, clearing my cache and private data, doing a spyware check, virus scan, nothing.

can't find any options to turn off the alerts either.

any suggestions?

rapidshare says i cant have multiple downloads. anyone know a way around that besides paying?

no hydro, there is no way around it and the comments seph said will not work either but like he did say buy an account is the only way around ( the tutorial has already been blocked

rapidshare is very fast at patching holes

if you need to find a file from rapidshare look for a mirror instead using shareminer.com

Sounds like a bad drive. Take it to a shop that deals with Macs and have them look at it.

Better yet, if there's an Apple store near you, make an appointment at their Genius Bar (http://www.apple.com) and they'll at least diagnose it for free. If it's something they can fix on the spot, nine times out of ten they'll do it for free.

You could also try updating iTunes, but I don't think that's the problem. If it's not reading CDs at all, that's probably hardware.

thanks man. im gonna go take it to the shop see what they tell me.

I NEED SOME HELP!! I am trying to find out any info I can on a specific IP address. I have looked on google for IP address reverse searches and haven't really found anything that could help me...

Does anyone know a site where i can search an IP address, and get info like the city where it was registered, or anything like that??

Any help is greatly appreciated... Thank you!