<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

okay im getting these pop ups from oin/outerinfo

think it might have came on some software i dloaded.

uninstalled the programs i think might be causing it.

now im trying to delete the actual files on my comp.

but one of them says i do not have permission to perform this action.

i am the administrator.

what gives?

vista

some will do that in vista this is when you have to become a superuser you can either restart and enter safemode to delete it ( which is easier if you only have to do it once for a better way of doing this is by taking ownership of the file locate the folder where the problem file is located right-click/properties security tab /advanced / owner/ edit /select yer username or administrator check mark the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects apply/ ok out of all the open windows and close out of the program folder/ reopen and delete

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Is there any way to find out what kind of GRAPHICS CARD is inside my Desktop without contacting those assholes at dell or opening my machine up...

i need to know the exact model so i can download the correct driver....lately, every time i switch accounts on that machine (xp) the screen resolution gets totally fucked and any attempt to change it back results in a blue screen that says "physical memory dump" with the fan going crazy loud. Then i usually just unplug the cpu, wait, and power it on. its annoying.

have you ever used the dell tech support chat online ( 24 hour tech support you can understand them and everything no talking on the phone and getting all steamed ( they do give good support via email and or live chat all you need is yer service tag ready/ name/ address/ and phone number for verification

okay this is a really random question- but is there a program that will automatically resize all images in a given folder to a smaller format, thereby making it easier to upload?

thanks in advance

Yes Adobe Photoshop

Open up all the files you want to resize or whatever

Window - actions

down at the bottom of the actions window - new action and record.

resize the image and whatever else you want to do later to all the files.

Stop recording

Then go into File - Automate batch and have it do whichever Action set you just recorded.

Not very detailed but if you give it a shot you will figure it out.

If anyone has experience in CSS I have a question

I've built a table with links and images that I want to keep on the bottom of all pages on a site even while scrolling up or down.

Is there a CSS command to keep said table in place aligned at the bottom of the pages?

I just aquired(sp) a comp running windows me because even scandisc freezes up when it is almost through. I ran cclean, spyware terminator, adaware, nortonand all that. The last system restore point is 05. I guess my question is why would scandisc freeze? I read te net responses but don't speak the lingo.

I just aquired(sp) a comp running windows me because even scandisc freezes up when it is almost through. I ran cclean, spyware terminator, adaware, nortonand all that. The last system restore point is 05. I guess my question is why would scandisc freeze? I read te net responses but don't speak the lingo.

get rid of norton, first.

avg free is a good antivirus, comodo firewall is a good firewall. also, try a-squared free, it seeks out trojans, etc. on your computer. spywareblaster is a good blocking tool. all free.

defragment the drive.

tuneup 2008 is available in demo form.

any suggestion on where to go to delete ie and windows media player off of a vista machine?

uninstall completely both? What is your purpose for deleting it?

I dont think you can remove it from vista but

this might help for WMP

WMP integrates itself all within the Windows shell. Many people notice this when they right-click that there are several WMP-related options. This little hack will remove the Windows Media Player integration and the right-click context media player menu options.

Leave my context menu alone! If you just let it go wild, every program in the world wants to install some option there. Windows Media Player not only puts itself there, but integrates itself throughout the shell. Actually removing this integration is surprisingly easy!

Remove WMP Integration:

1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type in regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll
4. Click Enter

Easy!

This will remove the media player related right-click context menu options and other WMP integration. One side effect of this is that you may not be able to set WMP as your default media player anymore.

If you decide you want to integrate it once again, you should be able to issue this command instead

regsvr32 wmpshell.dll

i use vlc which means i pretty much never have a need for wmp.

and i also never use ie so they are just "there" and i want them gone.

yes YOU NEED IE, DO NOT get rid of it or yer whole computer will crash

windows uses IE for alot of things that you do not realize whats going on in the background alot of program also require IE for them to run