<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

VGASAVE is designed in Microsoft Windows to load automatically when the default designated video card driver does not work, or if a newly installed video card driver refuses to work.

VGASAVE is enabled by default and should not be disabled. If you disable it and reboot, there is a strong chance the system may not boot, since during boot-time it is used as a fail-safe.

VGASAVE consists of two files, VGA.DLL and VGA.SYS.

dude, i'm surprised vista isn't bogged down like a mofo.

handling all that graphics wihtout your card working. what did you go and buy to be compatible with vista? ati, nvidia?

VGASAVE is designed in Microsoft Windows to load automatically when the default designated video card driver does not work, or if a newly installed video card driver refuses to work.

VGASAVE is enabled by default and should not be disabled. If you disable it and reboot, there is a strong chance the system may not boot, since during boot-time it is used as a fail-safe.

VGASAVE consists of two files, VGA.DLL and VGA.SYS.

dude, i'm surprised vista isn't bogged down like a mofo.

handling all that graphics wihtout your card working. what did you go and buy to be compatible with vista? ati, nvidia?

hahaha damn you are running in vga

open the computer case up and see what card you have in there

the computers working fine though. i can watch videos on youtube and all that. thats never a problem. but i just wanna mess with some footy i got and its not working.

your videocard isn't working, though. that's the problem. you should be able to runa crap program like moviemaker without any trouble. especially if it's a vista compatible card.

Procedure Steps:

1. Get to an MS-DOS Prompt: If you are running a version of Windows, you need to either open an MS-DOS prompt or shut Windows down to MS-DOS mode.

2. Enter the "DEBUG" Program: From the DOS prompt, type "debug" and then {Enter}. The system will display a single dash ("-").

3. Display the Video Card BIOS Area: Type the following, exactly (and nothing else, or you risk doing something to your system that you really don't want to): "d c000:0010". This will display the contents of the beginning part of the video BIOS ROM. The system will display a bunch of hexadecimal digits across most of the screen. On the left-hand side you will see text letters that correspond to these codes. For most video cards, you will see the name of the manufacturer and information about the video chipset type and version number.

4. Scroll Down If Necessary: On some systems you may need to scroll down further to find the information. Do this by typing just "d" and then {Enter}, one or more times. More information will display on the screen.

5. Exit "DEBUG": Press "q" and then {Enter} to quit the debug program.

i found the actual name of the card

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)

HERE'S THE DEVICE STATUS:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

i think im just gonna get a new, current video card. computers are so tedious with how you have to keep updating your shit every few months.

what kind of motherboard? just go tot the manufacturers website and see if there's a

firmware update for your bios.

no big deal. if you go buy another videocard, without checking, you may just eb wasting your time and money.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to offer my services in here if ever needed.

I've been in the field of Ipod modding/"hacking" the last few months and am here to help you if you ever need it in the fields of Ipodlinux, Rockbox, or Jailbreaking your Iphone or Ipod Touch.

I know there's not a huge demand but keep me in mind if you ever need help.

I don't come in here much (this thread) but PM me should a question arise.

1.The first step will be to install an 802.11b/g wireless card in the main computer and configure it as a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) wireless connection.

2.The second step will be to install a wireless card in a second computer.

3.To complete the network and provide connectivity to the Internet, Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) will be enabled on the host.

DUDES... I just bought a Inspirion 5315 and I got a good deal...I plan to only use the system for recording audio.....so heres the issue...Windows vista is not supported by vista so I need to do a downgrade to XP...is there a way around just buying XP..what is the protocol for swapping out the OS? any help is appreciated..respond or PM me if you got a minute and some input

Part 2 is there a good recorcding program that is compatible with Vista...is SONAR any good?

DUDES... I just bought a Inspirion 5315 and I got a good deal...I plan to only use the system for recording audio.....so heres the issue...Windows vista is not supported by vista so I need to do a downgrade to XP...is there a way around just buying XP..what is the protocol for swapping out the OS? any help is appreciated..respond or PM me if you got a minute and some input

Part 2 is there a good recorcding program that is compatible with Vista...is SONAR any good?

if you want, to downgrade you will have to format the drive and put xp on it, you do not need to buy it, jsut torrent it and burn to cd and install apply crack there you go

have you ran the program that is not compatible with vista in XP compatibility mode ?