<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
mayormenino: i keep PG on all the time. it constantly blocks scans from govt agencies, etc.

just keep it on and feel safer.

no, it's not impossible, you can just turn the seed way down while it's downloading. (uttorent)

then remove it when it's done. i do it, too.

avancier: yeah, an sd card can go bad. go here and download the file, extract and install.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822603

give that a shot. it may not be a bad sd.

Casek, I downloaded it and it told me that the version I have is newer than what I tried to download. Thankyou though. I am going to just buy another SD card. What sucks though is that my camera takes only a max of 512MB and none of the stores in my area sell them anymore, everything is 1GB and up now.

casek thanks a lot for all your help i feel like i've been in here a fair amount recently. i have another question- does anyone know of a website program that doesn't require knowledge of html? i need to make a website that won't have any animation or anything, just maybe a background, the ability to make buttons etc. when i go to download.com to check stuff out i get overwhelmed because im not really sure what im looking for.

thanks again, i really appreciate it.

casek thanks a lot for all your help i feel like i've been in here a fair amount recently. i have another question- does anyone know of a website program that doesn't require knowledge of html? i need to make a website that won't have any animation or anything, just maybe a background, the ability to make buttons etc. when i go to download.com to check stuff out i get overwhelmed because im not really sure what im looking for.

thanks again, i really appreciate it.

ms publisher and the ms office suite are ok for that type of shit.

ms office includes publisher and frontpage. both are worthy of a try.

publisher being the more "point and click" and frontpage being the more "point and click plus"

you can do a lot with it.

<scrapetorrrent.com>

I was messing with my router and it screwed up my network and sharing center on Vista.

it says "Conection Status: Unknown

...........Server Execution Failed.

Im trying to go back to the router but it doesnt want to show under network and i cant type in the address to go to it.

The router is Linsys. I umpluged it, hit the reset button and the sharing center still has that execution failure.

any ideas?

yeah, what you need to do is a hard reset. unplug it and hold that reset button on the back in for about 40 seconds, keep holding it in and plug it back in, count to 15, then release the button. good as new. your default login is back. "admin" may be your password too...one or both..depends.

I don't know if this has been posted already... I have heard rumors about this, and was actually just having a interesting conversation with a friend of mine about this last night...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22707271/

NEW YORK - Time Warner Cable Inc said on Wednesday it is planning a trial to bill high-speed Internet subscribers based on their amount of usage rather than a flat fee, the standard industry practice.

The second largest U.S. cable operator said it will test consumption-based billing with subscribers in Beaumont, Texas later this year as a part of a strategy to help reduce congestion of its network by a minority of consumers who pay the same monthly fee as light users.

The company believes the billing system will impact only heavy users, who account for around 5 percent of all customers but typically use more than half of the total network bandwidth, according to a company spokesman.

Slowing network congestion due to downloading of large media files such as video is a growing problem for Time Warner Cable. The company said the problem will worsen as video downloading becomes more popular.

But the move could prove controversial. Unlike with utility bills such as the phone or electricity, which have traditionally been based on usage, U.S. high-speed Internet subscribers have come to expect a fixed monthly charge. An Internet bill typically only varies based on the speed of the consumer's Internet access.

Time Warner Cable, which has 7.4 million residential Internet subscribers, is hoping the move will not confuse consumers if introduced nationwide and is planning a trial period.

"Largely, people won't notice the difference," said the Time Warner Cable spokesman. "We don't want customers to feel they're getting less for more." News of Time Warner Cable's plans was originally leaked on an online industry forum BroadbandReports.com.

Other cable operators may follow Time Warner Cable's lead and phone companies such as Verizon Communications Inc and AT&T Inc are likely to be watching the New York-based cable operator's plans.

As U.S. consumers have become more used to streaming and downloading digital media over the Web, their Internet service providers have started to come under pressure to be able to keep up with growing demand in a cost-effective manner.

Comcast Corp, the largest cable operator with around 13 million Internet subscribers, has been accused by consumer groups of blocking Web traffic moving across its networks, prompting a notice of inquiry by the Federal Communications Commission earlier this week.

Comcast denies it blocks any Internet traffic saying it uses bandwidth management technology to help improve the customer experience but which may slow down some file transfers.

Guest shai_hulud
"Comcast Corp, the largest cable operator with around 13 million Internet subscribers, has been accused by consumer groups of blocking Web traffic moving across its networks, prompting a notice of inquiry by the Federal Communications Commission earlier this week.

Comcast denies it blocks any Internet traffic saying it uses bandwidth management technology to help improve the customer experience but which may slow down some file transfers."

I guess it isn't technically blocking BT if it just slows it to a crawl.

casek, I decided it would be more fun to stick around and raise hell. Does that make me a hypocrite?

Circle yes or no.

Guest shai_hulud

Well, I have to keep an eye on my friend.

He ate three cookies and blazed a freebie over here at my spot, and he's got some problems keeping his head up right now. Actually, he's moaning as I type this. I have "Coonskin" playing on the G5 to keep him occupied....

He's trying to get me to go to the burger joint to get some food for him. I might do that in a minute for a minute.

*edit- now I switched over to "Multiple Maniacs". He's gonna freak out when he wakes up.

you can just use an expresscard to plug into the notebook for the esata it looks like this

39-113-008-03.jpg

39-113-008-05.jpg

the speeds are alot faster because __________________ if you want to really know, ask

downfall on this here is its gonna cost you $40 USD or 27 Euro to get this card

but on the other hand it will come in handy because alot of new devices will be using this instead of usb and firewire

Rumors of Microsoft's successor to Vista have been cropping up virtually since day one, and if this latest one is to be believed, it looks like one of the earliest may have been right on target after all. According to TG Daily, "several industry sources" are now saying that the a very early version of the so-called "Windows 7" OS has already shipped to "key partners," and that Microsoft is now eying the second half of 2009 for a release of the real deal. That's a slight revision from the most recent rumors, which had pegged the debut as late as 2010 or, more vaguely, sometime within the next three years. As if that wasn't enough, Microsoft's apparently also lined up the next two early versions to be released, with the so-called M2 build slated for April or May of this year, and the M3 release slated to drop sometime in the third quarter. Given recent history, however, it's probably not the best idea to start marking your calendars just yet.